“almost 9/10”

Ranked #32 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
belfast
“almost 9/10”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Best hotel location right in the middle of everything. On street parking, free 6pm-8am. Reception very friendly and so helpful. Rooms a good 3 star and beds very comfortable got a great nights sleep. Basic hotel rooms, decor very cosy, lots of iron marks on the carpet but thats not the hotels fault. The lighting in the rooms are well thought out. The only minus point is the bathrooms are in need of a upgrade.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Stephen & Julie
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I shall pass on your comments to my team.
Garry Gaynor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for me and my bestiest , we were attending my best friends wedding and really happy with the location, walking distance to city hall with high hills :).........
the bed and room's was typicall travelodge but it was adequat with the money i paid for, so i do not have something to complain about, this is really a hotel i would chosen again when i travell for myself :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ephie L
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Dublin
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here on Saturday night last after attending a wedding in the centre of Belfast. Myself and my husband had a very unpleasant stay at this establishment. Firstly, my husband was asked for full payment up front on check-in before we even reached our room. The corridor where our room was was dark, narrow and dingy and no noise proofing at all. We reached our dark, small pokey room and I was frankly concerned about putting my bare feet on the carpet or even sleeping on the bed as the place seemed dirty and old. We're fully aware of the nature of the basic 'Travelodge' model but we were surprised just how basic this hotel was for the money we paid. Given the nature of the hotel, it was only a matter of time before a gang of young drunks girls and lads arrived back in the wee small hours of the morning, roaring and shouting and being generally disrespectful or other guests but what was surprising was the completely inappropriate behavior of a man who arrived in to his room at 9am the following morning swearing, roaring and screaming obscenities at someone who seemed to be already in the room. This behavior was very alarming and threatening. We actually couldn't get out of there quick enough. Is this the type of place where this type of guest is considered welcome?? What was even more alarming was that there did not seem to be any management in this hotel, just a security man when we came into our room the night before and a very young man on reception basically accepting keys on check-out. Lots of vending machines but no visible staff. If there was a very serious incident at this hotel in the middle of the night, i questioned who could actually manage or control the situation??? Finally, I wish to add that this hotel have the questionable practice of doing a pre-authorisation on your credit/debit card even though we fully paid for our room in cash on arrival. I'm still waiting for funds to be released on my card after they carried this out....I've been told by my bank I may have to wait up to 10 working days for funds to be 'unfrozen'. Being from Dublin myself, I've become used to a certain standard and quality of hotel as most hotels in the Dublin area the majority are new, cheap and operated efficiently with friendly staff. I was disturbed to stay at the Travelodge in Belfast and experience a dreadful, scary stay in a dirty seedy hotel which is poorly managed and run. I would suggest that anyone considering a stay here will be disappointed. I'm sorry we didn't spend the extra money for peace of mind and security....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wiv76
Dear Wiv76
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. Your description of the hotel is not reflective of the opinion of the majority of our customers .
Payment is taken on arrival which means that to check out is simply a matter of handing the key back. Credit card pre authorising is used in all hotels to ensure the card is valid.
The reception is staffed 24 hours per day and if there had been no staff at the desk you would not have been unable to pick up your key.
The majority of issues can be dealt with by the staff immediately any matters not resolved to the customers satisfaction are investigated and action by myself.
Unfortunately at no point have you informed us of any concerns.
regards
Garry Gaynor

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Dublin
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I'd give this hotel 3 and a half out of 5.

It's not luxury but it's not luxury prices. Stayed here with a group and it is clean, comfortable and centrally located. It has a good freeview TV with loads of channels and tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Good location close to the lovely Crown pub and a short taxi or 15 minute taxi to the Cathedral Quarter.

You can get overnight parking for £6 at a nearby carpark (about a 6 minute walk away).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear PGEDublin
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review particularly as you are a regular contributor to Tripadvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel good value for money.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed in this travelodge for one night great location right next to the Crown bar and fibber Mcgees pub. Only a short walk to city hall. Room was nice for what we paid though toilet hadn't been flushed from previous occupant. Good for a short stay. The staff allowed us to keep our baggage in the hotel which allowed us to explore more of this fantastic city prior to our train.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear revolverregal
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I would like apologise for the plumbing issue you encountered. I am pleased this did not detract from the rest of your stay with us.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is in a prime location in the city centre and is ideal for somewhere to "just crash" if you are out and about site seeing.
The facilities are basic but you get what you pay for.
There is a difficulty in trying to park close to the hotel. I spent an age looking for suitable parking, it was very busy as it was a Saturday evening and charges for parking in Belfast can be expensive so I would advise not taking a car at all.
The rooms are looking a little behind the times and are basic apart from new flat screen TV on the wall. The bathroom was small and cramped, very poor and the extractor fans didn't work nor did the mirror light.
The walls are also quite thin!!
The only good thing is that the restaurant attached to the hotel Olio's is fantastic.
But over all if you want a cheap budget hotel in the city centre of Belfast then this is a good starting point.

Room Tip: Don't take a car as parking is a nightmare.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear descon297
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. As you mentioned the hotel is excellently located in the city centre however one of the consequences of this is that car parking is limited which is why we have an arrangement with a local cap park which offer guests a special rate of £6 per 24 hours.
The bathrooms fans are on a timer which is why some guests assume they are not working.
Enniscorthy, Ireland
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great location, most places were within walking distance. The room was okay, nothing great, not very comfortable, clean enough though. The woman who checked us in wasn't very friendly but other staff seemed to be nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JennBD
Thank you for leaving your review. I am pleased overall you enjoyed your stay and hope you will choose to stay with again in the future.