Travelodge Belfast Central
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$163
$169
$171
$150
  • Pool
Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$131
$104
$137
$128
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$143
$113
$109
Hotwire.com
1,086 results
All reviewsgreat locationfibber mageesbus stationcity hallminutes walk awayone night stayreception staffwould stay againcomfy bedpubscrownrobinsonsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm very rarely moved to write TripAdvisor reviews: I've only ever done so once before and that review was a positive one. My friend and I were visiting friends in Belfast and stayed in a twin room for one night. We payed £81 through booking.com (reportedly less than if we'd booked direct) and we were really let down by our stay.

On the plus side, the hotel is centrally located with lots of amenities 'just round the corner'. Reception staff are efficient and helpful and though we arrived in Belfast too early to check in to our rooms we were able to leave out bags in a locked luggage room in reception while we headed out for the day.

My friend and I have both stayed in Travelodges several times before and thought we knew what to expect. We never thought of checking TripAdvisor prior to our stay as we thought all Travelodges were pretty much the same: basic but sufficiet for our needs for a one night, city centre stay.

I don't feel that this Travelodge is representative of the brand. It is grubby and dated and in desperate need of refurbishment. Our room was very small with a suspended ceiling made up of damaged, stained tiles. It looked as though we'd set up camp in a shabby office - and i tweeted that to Travelodge when i was wide awake at 5am! Light switches, skirting boards and the phone between our beds were all filthy. I don't even know how a phone would get in that state and I was almost afraid to fall asleep in case I accidentally touched it in the night! The bathroom was less than pristine with an aged mirror and sink unit, wonky-seated toilet about 3 feet away from the loo roll holder and a grotty overbath shower with mildewy curtain and pieces of the taps missing. Water failed to drain away for a good 15 minutes after using the shower.

Thankfully the beds seemed ok with clean sheets but I didn't want to look too closely. Being in the city centre we of course expected some noise but didn't expect to be woken by a member of staff (possibly security??) who felt the need to perform a headcount in the room next door at 3am. As mentioned by other reviewers, corridors are dark and grimy and don't give the best impression of the hotel (though are at least representative if the guest bedrooms!).

Again, I've never felt the need to write a negative review or take photos of a hotel room but didn't want anyone else to fall in the "it's a Travelodge so it'll be ok" trap. The hotel was chock-full or we would have asked to be moved (though from some other reviews I think most rooms are the same if not worse). If we'd have been staying for more than one night we would've had to did alternative accommodation. There was no-one on reception when the time came for us to (gratefully!) check out or I might have ha to have a bit of a rant.

All in all, my friend and I have stayed in better quality youth hostels around the world for a fraction of the cost of this hotel room and I will be contacting Travelodge when I return home to discuss a refund.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank beSottied
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear BeSottied.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and I would appreciate it if you could contact me directly to discuss this further.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have stayed for 7 nights as part of the world place & fire games. It appears because of the games we were charged hirer rates and were treated with limited room service. The room was dirty on arrival I cleaned the sink, the sheets were not changed for the whole 7 days, we had to ask for the bathroom to be cleaned on the third day. On two occasions I had to request towels which were not left in the room and each day the toilet paper was not replaced if it was it was with half rolls - where do you get half used rolls of paper?? Everyone we know staying there have ended up with terrible colds. It's disgrace!

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne S

Dear SStephensonvic
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay.
The issues you have raised regarding the room I will discuss with our housekeeping team as these are not the standards I expect.
The feedback we have received from the visitors from the Police and Fire Games has been good and the rate we charged were the best value in the city.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

There may be fine distinctions to be had among the basic hotels that you can use, so you may already have a preference for or against Travelodge.

This one is well placed for public transport - just around the corner from the Europa Bus Station and very handy for Donegal Square with all it's local buses. The central attractions are also there, but Belfast is diversifiying new major attractions (such as Titanic) away from the centre.

So, it's basic. It's not exciting or interesting, but then it's a Travelodge, you're not expecting extras or character.

That central location - around the corner from the famous Crown Inn for example - also means it's loud - so come prepared for noise (certainly on the weekend I stayed there was lots of late night noise from the bar opposite).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear mike registrar
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay particularly as somebody who is well travelled and a regular contributor to trip advisor.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have again booked this hotel for a 4 night stay whilst in Belfast visiting friends. People must not be put off by some of the negative comments made below. Understand that rates of between 45-60 quid a night are rare in the centre of Belfast and if people want luxury then I suggest you pay the 100 quid plus a night that your standards deserve.

This hotel is in a great location, staff are friendly and it has some great bars around it like Fibbers, Robinsons and right out front Irene and Nans. Can get noisy, particularly at weekends but nothing that you wouldn´t expect from a weekend stay in a big city.

If you need toiletries walk down the road for 5 minutes and stop in a pound shop.

Easy.....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Garry G, Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Glen
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the facilities and value for money the hotel offers.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I visited from Friday to Monday and found this hotel to be clean and central to Belfast (it's a two minute walk from the Europa Bus/ Train Station and basically right behind The Crown). All the staff we encountered were friendly & helpful. I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again! It's not fancy but what do you expect for the price... if you want fancy then the Europa is a stonesthow away and more than double the price!!

There is a great restaurant/ pub right across from the hotel (we had a fab meal there & a great night out). It was a wee bit noisy but once the pub shuts at 1am it's very quiet.. if you are a light sleeper or with young kids you would maybe benefit from asking for a room at the back of the hotel. City hall is a few minutes walk (turn left when leaving the hotel). For breakfast we wen't the a wee cafe which is right across the road and down a wee bit to the left called The Allotment.. lovely! Another good place we went to was Stann & Olly's which is a few minutes walk from the hotel ( cross the street, to the right, down the street, right and a few minutes walk - next to the Movie House)... food was lovely, and the milkshakes were amazing! Victoria Square is great, loads of good places to eat and The Kitchen is fab (pub)- live singers through the day... could have sat there all day and night!!!!!

If you are there for the sightseeing then the Titanic Musum is a must! We loved it! Also, Crumlin Road Gaol Prison was great too. The best way to see Belfast is on the tour bus! £10pp for a 48hr ticket... it's a no brainer!!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or don't plan on being out late ask for a room at the back to avoid the noise from the pub across the street..... but remember, you are in a vibrant city centre, there is always going to be a bit of noise!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear LisaMarie
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review which is very helpful and informative for future visitors to Belfast. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff were able to help you.