“Very Helpful Staff”

Travelodge Belfast Central
Ranked #33 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We only spent 1 night at Travellodge and on reading reveiws was a bit worried.

On check we were early I asked for a high floor quiet room receptionist explained obviously city centre hotel they couldnt guarantee a quiet room . Then Gary said the rooms with the very small windows had just had new airconditioning units installed yesterday and i was most welcome to have a look , again i was a bit dubious obviously as the reports on the rooms with small windows.

Well we had the best night sleep in the room 207 comfy bed brand new pillows air con unit worked perfectly not at all loud .

Could not fault service at hotel everybody was very helpful especially Carmena receptionist on check out

We parked outside hotel on the street no problem at all

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Garry G, General Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear edhall
Thank you for leaving the time to leave your review.
I am pleased that you enjoyed you stay.
We use guest reviews to help us improve our service and as you mentioned we have now installed new air conditioning units and are trialling new pillows.
I trust you had a good shopping trip and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

kind regards
Garry Gaynor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable great for one night stay....your in the town so expected noise when we stayed!! Would stay again so central to bus station pubs and shops all walking distance!!

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear holidaymaker12
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I was please you found the hotel clean, comfortable and enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Belfast

Reviewed October 14, 2011

i wasnt keen on staying after reading reviews but really enjoyed our 3 night stay here, absolutely great location for city centre ,the room was clean and staff very helpfull as was the restaurant adjoining the travelodge ,we took car to belfast ? good if you were buying a lot but wouldnt take if you could manage without it ,we would stay here again no problem

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronald c

Dear Ronald C
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I shall pass on your comments to our staff

Reviewed October 5, 2011

I booked to stay at the Belfast City Travelodge for one Saturday night on 01/10/11 due to the location looking pretty central to the places we wanted to go to. I wish I hadn't.

The twin room we were allocated on arrival had one sealed frosted-glass window that can't be opened and the air conditioning unit on the wall did not work. The room at night was so hot and stuffy that I had to prop open the door into the corridor in an attempt to try and cool the room. This didn't work either. Needless to say I did not get much sleep.

On check-out I said that my stay had been very uncomfortable and wanted to make a complaint, instead of speaking to someone I was handed a piece of paper to write down my complaint. I asked whether anyone would contact me to discuss my complaint and I was assured this would be the case... I'm still waiting.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Garry G, General Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Dear Mr Oliver
Thank you taking the time to leave your review.
I would like to apologise for the problems you encountered during your stay.
As we discussed during our telephone conversation I have arranged a refund.
A new air conditioning unit is now being installed in the room.
I have also discussed the handling of the complaint with the reception team to ensure our procedures are followed to ensure prompt resolution to the guest’s satisfaction.
kind regards

Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed one night after attending concert in Odyssey arena. Room smelled and looked clean, but extremely hot and stuffy during night which made it almost impossible to sleep. Window only opened a little as we were on the seventh floor. Staff not overly eager to explain things unless pushed. Parking was NOT convenient to the hotel and worked out costly because the staff did not explain fully how long we were allowed to stay parked there. One receptionist said she couldn't drive and so couldn't really explain properly. Taxis were easily called via courtesy phone in reception and came promptly. Yes we would stay again but wouldn't take the car if at all possible.

Room Tip: Seventh floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Garry G, General Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

Dear Gogo 321
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel clean and quiet.
Regarding parking we have special discounted rate for residents of £7.50 per 24 hours, or on street parking is also available outside the hotel at a cost of £1.30 per hour or free from 6.00pm until 8.00am.
As a result of your comments we now have printed maps for guest with directions to the car park.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel was clean and the staff, as always at Travelodge, were helpful. But the first night, people returned in the early hours from the nearby bars, banged doors, and shouted to each other, with no thought for other guests. We asked for, and were given, another (not so good) room on another floor. Yet the second night was, if any thing, worse than the first! On the third day, we moved out!

Room Tip: I would normally always stay at Travelodge. Unfortunately, this hotel is perfectly located for peopl...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Munuk
Garry G, General Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2011

Dear Munuk
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
I am sorry that you were unhappy with the noise from other guest. Our night staff patrol the floors to minimise noise issues and respond quickly to any complaints and if necessary will ask people to leave the hotel however on this occasion we seem to have failed to meet our own high standards and I sincerely apologise for this.
I shall pass on your comments about the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms to our team.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Hi

Booked one night at Travelodge Belfast early Sept. Had dog with us so it had to be Travelodge. Assigned room 207 which had a tiny blacked out window with a broken handle so it was a bit like a cell. T.V. had problem with the volume control and it could not be heard and the bed sank down dramatically in the middle! Room was very warm,it was a humid evening and I just could not stay in the room with no air or light. My husband asked if we could change rooms but as the motel was full this was not possible. We had to leave and drive (long) home. I contacted Travelodge and they were very helpful and organised a refund so that was fair enough. Location is very central but avoid room 207 until it has a full makeover.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank map737
Garry G, General Manager at Travelodge Belfast Central, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Map 737
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on tripadvisor.
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unhappy with the hotel.
I have discussed the problems with your husband by telephone and investigated the issues you raised.
At Travelodge Belfast we aim to resolve all complaints to the guests satisfaction and as you have mentioned we have already arranged a refund.