I booked this hotel because the price was good and it stated it had facilities for the disabled.
The description of the facilities for those with disabilities was completely wrong. Fine if you were only going for a meal (The one redeeming feature of this hotel - great food!) But if you're staying in the hotel - it is NOT accessible to wheelchair users by any stretch of the imagination. I will add a picture of the bathroom to make my point. Entry to the 'Accessible' bedroom had a 90 degree turn as you went in the door - if I had taken my electric wheelchair, I wouldn't have got in. As it was I had to get out of my manual chair to actually get in to the room.
The other issue was noise. The info about the hotel does not tell you that they have live, very noisy, late night entertainment, not finishing until 1am. Add to this guests arriving back to their rooms after this "Entertainment" it's virtually impossible to get any sleep until sometime after 2am. I could hear every word the DJ was saying on the Friday night.... from my bed.
Cleanliness was basic - I don't think the edge of the carpets had ever seen a hoover, but the middle bits were clean, as were the sheets and towels.
The tea and coffee in the room had not been topped up before we arrived - no tea bags, but when they were, we had plenty, but only two milk pots! The tiny cups only held about 3 big swallows of drink, so if you do stay here.... take your own mug.
The staff in the eating areas and on reception where friendly and helpful and listened to my comments when I told them of the difficulties. But I'm not sure if anything will change.
I now understand why they insist on taking your payment on arrival - I would have refused to pay the full amount if it was taken at the end of our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iconic Lansdowne Hotel is now under the new ownership of Metro Inns.Situated in the picturesque Cave Hill area of Belfast just 3 miles from the City Centre and just a stone through away from some of Belfast's popular tourist attractions, with our newly refurbished bar and restaurant and conference rooms the Lansdowne Hotel meets the needs of business and leisure traveller alike. The private hotel offers free Wi-Fi has easy access to all major air, sea and land routes. The bedrooms provide everything you require for a stress-free and relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Lansdowne Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lansdowne Court Hotel Belfast
- Belfast Court Hotel Lansdowne
- Lansdowne Court Belfast