“Would never stay again”

and 1 more site!
Lansdowne Hotel
Ranked #40 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I booked this hotel because the price was good and it stated it had facilities for the disabled.
The description of the facilities for those with disabilities was completely wrong. Fine if you were only going for a meal (The one redeeming feature of this hotel - great food!) But if you're staying in the hotel - it is NOT accessible to wheelchair users by any stretch of the imagination. I will add a picture of the bathroom to make my point. Entry to the 'Accessible' bedroom had a 90 degree turn as you went in the door - if I had taken my electric wheelchair, I wouldn't have got in. As it was I had to get out of my manual chair to actually get in to the room.
The other issue was noise. The info about the hotel does not tell you that they have live, very noisy, late night entertainment, not finishing until 1am. Add to this guests arriving back to their rooms after this "Entertainment" it's virtually impossible to get any sleep until sometime after 2am. I could hear every word the DJ was saying on the Friday night.... from my bed.
Cleanliness was basic - I don't think the edge of the carpets had ever seen a hoover, but the middle bits were clean, as were the sheets and towels.
The tea and coffee in the room had not been topped up before we arrived - no tea bags, but when they were, we had plenty, but only two milk pots! The tiny cups only held about 3 big swallows of drink, so if you do stay here.... take your own mug.
The staff in the eating areas and on reception where friendly and helpful and listened to my comments when I told them of the difficulties. But I'm not sure if anything will change.
I now understand why they insist on taking your payment on arrival - I would have refused to pay the full amount if it was taken at the end of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room well away from the entertainment areas
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KMG65

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have now had a meal here three times with different family members always on a Sunday for the carvery and have never been disappointed the staff are so nice and the food has always been of excellent quality

Room Tip: Sorry ticked the sleep quality by mistake never stayed in the hotel so cannot comment on rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Positive: The room was basic, but clean. The staff was extremely helpfull and friendly. Breakfast was good with a good variaty of items to choose from. Good location.

Negative: we stayed for the bank holiday weekend. From Friday through to Sunday night there were dj's every night. The music was actually not an issue, but people going home became an issue. We were in a room above main entrance. People were talking/screaming, smoking outside the main door and the taxi's were noisy as well. There was no aircon in the room and we needed to keep the window open. Monday morning at 6:15 am two trucks pulled in and the drivers were having a conversation and pushed noisy trolleys around. Not very nice if u r trying to have some peaceful sleep. If you are planning to have a party weekend this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor above the main entrance over weekends unless you are planning to part...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MielieW
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Reserved a 3 night stay on 28th May for a mid August break,we turn up in August to be told there was no record of our booking and that the hotel was fully booked,i foolishly thought that seeing as though we had booked well in advance,we would be priority and that guests who'd booked after us would be the ones with the inconveinience of being relocated to alternative accommodation,but no,it was us who were told we would be moving,which i didn't really think was fair.
To be fair to Lansdowne though,we were eventually relocated to the very smart Dukes of Queens hotel in Belfast city center with Lansdowne paying the difference after some confusion over prices which means we did eventually get sorted and had a great stay in Belfast overall but we could have done without the hassle over something as simple as taking bookings.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Seen some bad reviews so was a bit iffy about staying there but it is a lovely hotel the area is good and safe. The staff are really good and friendly and the girl behind the desk Amanda I think was brilliant very helpful and went or of her way to help us. It was value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank larco1979
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I am very disappointed in the so called 'make over' at the Lansdowne Hotel.
It should be our 'local' but I will not be back.
I have eaten there on three occasions recently and found the standards reasonable and value for money however the experience was overshadowed by the stench of the ladies toilets. The toilets behind the reception area was foul smelling on each occasion and the toilets at the far end of the dining room had not been cleaned properly, had no soap or toilet roll at 12 midday.Following a family meal the waitress proceeded to clean the neighbouring tables with an overpowering disinfectant spoiling what had been a lovely occasion.
The staff were mostly very professional except one male member of staff who served our table with a crumpled shirt and and a badly stained tie.
Come on Metro Inns the people of the Antrim Road deserve better than this.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed in the lansdowne for 2 weeks and i could not have been happier. The staff were so frendly towards me and always seemed to make time. I would like to say a big thank you to the two ladys Kelly and Sylia behind reception didn't matter what i asked they would always make time for me, even when they were busy. I,ve stayed in a lot of hotels due to my job and i can truly say that these two ladys are one of best receptionist i've come across a true credit to the Landsdowne

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business