“Good value and good for groups!”

Malone Mews Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Malone Mews Apartments
Ranked #22 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Northern Ireland
“Good value and good for groups!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here a few years ago and they haven't been updated to be honest. They are good for groups and they are clean and well furnished. Our only complaint was that the kitchen could do with an update.

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mayo Ireland
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed in the Malone Mews over night, booking a one bedroom appt and a two bedroom apartment. We checked in at the Malone Hotel, The receptionist was very friendly and gave us lots of information about the city. We were given clear instructions on directions to the mews which included private parking and were Pleasantly Surprised enjoying the whole experience. The Apartments are Very Spacious clean and well equipped, plenty of tea/coffee even a fresh loaf and Orange juice. The location is quiet, very central and reasonably priced. all our party were impressed and I would definitely recommend it to friends.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran M
Riga
Reviewed February 25, 2011

New 2 star hotel. Room is good, very clean. A little far from beach 15-20 min. Stuff is friendly. Breakfast is so so, we have a breakfast in city. But if you no gurman it is OK. In front of hotel now come big building but no loud.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

London
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights in the Malone Mews in August 2009. We had booked up to stay in the Malone Lodge hotel, therefore I was a bit nervous when told that we would be staying in the Mews. The location of the Mews was a few minutes down the road from the hotel. The apartment was very spacious clean and in a quiet location. We had two double beds a kitchen and living room, therefore it did feel quite homely. We walked up the road each morning and had breakfast at the hotel. The hot breakfast was cooked for each customer therefore nice and fresh. We walked everywhere in Belfast, the location of the apartments was in a nice part of the city. I would highly recommend the black taxi tour. Overall we had a nice stay in Belfast, the apartments were fine and they would certainly suit those that are planning to stay longer in the city.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Aberdeenshire, Scotland UK
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I just had my hen weekend in Belfast and we stayed in the Malone Mews. The apartments were much better than we expected, very spacious and equipped with breakfast supplies, iron & ironing board,trouser press, digital tv and dvd player. The staff were very helpful, the location was good, great value and very comfortable & clean.
Our only complaints were that both apartments did not have enough towels to go round and one of the TV's was not working properly.
Overall highly recommend for group weekends.

• Liked — Great apartments
  • Disliked — No real complaints.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Scotland
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Since January 2008 I've been working away from home in the centre of Belfast and as such I've worked my way through a large majority of hotels. Recently I've been spending a large majority of my time at the Malone Mews appartments which I cannot recommend enough.

As I spent the first few months living in the bedroom / bathroom combo that almost all hotels offer, it was a pleasent feeling to have such things as a living area and a kitchen (the latter being especially welcome as up till that point my diet consisted of the basic foodgroups - Pizza, Chinese, Indian and Chippies). When you are working away from home it feels nice to be able to return from work to a place which actually feels like a flat rather than simply a place you sleep.

The 2 rooms which I have been staying in with a work collegue are relatively clean and spacious. From my experience the majority of the rooms (the 5-6 different ones I've been in) are all pretty much the same in terms of decor (the hotel probably got a deal by buying enbulk) There is a 32 inch samsung tv with digital freeview and a dvd player in the living room.

The kitchen is rather basic. it has the normal appliances, cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dish washer etc which can be hit and miss depending on what room you get (the microwave in 101 sucks, the cooker in 205 seems to think that setting 6 is the off setting etc.) but those small issues can't take away from how enjoyable it is to stay here. I would definately come back here given the option of hotels in Belfast centre.

It's about 15-20 mins walk from the centre of town in the student area of Belfast but it's not roudy or anything. Various takeaways are dotted around and there's a Tesco if you continue up the Lisburn road

There is wireless in the rooms however you do need to pay for it..

If you were staying in Belfast for a long period of time or prefer the comforts of home then I highly recommend this place as it's nice to have a place to stay and not just a place to sleep however if you were perhaps staying overnight or rather on holiday and didn't wish to fork out then I believe the Holiday Inn or someplace similar would probably do equally well and would probably be cheaper too!

• Liked — the fact I could cook my own meals
  • Disliked — rather pricy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We booked 3 apts in the Malone Mews. We were a hen group consisting of 20 girls.

The apts are lovely very clean and well located for a night on the town.

• Liked — Great space
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends