La Mon Hotel & Country Club
PremierInn.com
$80
PremierInn.com
1,530 results
All reviewsbouncy castlewedding venuewedding receptionleisure facilitiessteam roomrelaxing breaksunday carveryfrom start to finishnext morningafternoon teafunction roomtop classduty managernorthern irelandan overnight stayfantastic hotelscones
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We booked this as a get away for our wedding anniversary and was generally unenthusiastic about the whole experience. Check-in 4.00 pm !! is TOO late in the day !! My husband booked a Deluxe Suite, which to say the least was drab and tired. The view was a disaster and uninspiring for this grade of room buried at the bottom of a corridor!! Ring marked furniture, carpet needed another sweep with the hoover and dusty. The room was cold on arrival and took quite some time to heat up to become comfortable. The bathroom was large, impersonal and very tired with some dodgey rough grouting around a jacuzzi bath that had no instructions on how to operate it. The rubber bath mat need binned, it looked disgustingly discoloured. The floor grout needs steam cleaned !! We proceeded to use the very tired grubby Country Club. The tiling was scummy and grim around the pool, jacuzzi and steam areas. The shower curtains are limp and old in fairly grim dated showers. The restaurant was average ! The waitress had to tell us to order a side dish because the main meal portion was small - we were glad that she did !! On a positive note - the bed was large and very comfortable. Will I go back ?? NO

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LJacksonGM, General Manager at La Mon Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi Wilsonea38,

Thank you for your recent review on La Mon Hotel & Country Club.

It is important for me to hear all points of view from guests in the hotel whether good or bad so I can improve on our customer offering.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here in the hotel and if you would like to contact me direct at the hotel on 02890448631, I would be happy to discuss this further with you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Business trip, two nights.

Positive: Clean, big plus. There was even a polite young person carefully washing the skirting boards when I was there. The other staff were unobtrusive and mostly, but not universally, civil and helpful. Check in and out painless and quick, lot's of parking but some of it's a long way from reception.

Neutral: Food, some of it was really very nice, some of it not quite good enough to be called indifferent. Atmosphere: The place seemed filled with bus trips of sad-looking tourists, none of whom seemed to be enjoying themselves very much. There seemed to be lots of funeral catering from the nearby crematorium, a bit of a downer.

Negative: my bed was uncomfortable, seemed to be two singles welded together in some crude, old-fashoned way, had a sort of peak in the middle which made me wary of falling out of the thing at times. Washing facilities: ran out of hot water on both mornings. I'm not all that fussy, I use an impulse shower at home but even I don't like showers which are at blood temperature or below. It did the same on my last trip almost a year ago, big minus. The place is noisy, bedrooms seem to be badly soundproofed if at all. No wifi in rooms - they want you to use ethernet - and dodgy signal in the public areas.

My opinion: If you were in and out, especially if you were up good and early - before the hot water was all gone - then this would be OK, fine in fact. The conference rooms are also fine, light and warm, bottled water and everything. What's more if your granny has popped her clogs and the cremation's at Roselawn then they're conveniently close. For anything more, just no.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hi Belfastconfetti,

Thank you for your second review of our hotel. It is always great to see guests returning to the hotel whether for business or pleasure.

We do welcome all customer feedback whether positive or negative as this helps us to improve our customer offering.

We are due to undergo scheduled maintenance this week on our heating and water system which will rectify any variance in the water temperature to the bedrooms although this hasn't been reported often to reception.

With regards to our wifi, this is only available in our public areas and conference centre. Our bedrooms are broadband connected via cables which we provide for guests and of course our internet access is complimentary.

We do have great variations of guests and patrons here in the hotel from tour guests, country club members, conference delegates, wedding and function guests as well as our leisure stays and everyone is welcome.

Thank you again for your comments and hopefully we will see you again at future conferences that we are holding.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I attended my friends wedding on sunday and after months of preparation we wanted the day to be perfect. We were getting ready on the hotel and had booked a room to change in. Before we went to the room we went to check on the glen suite which was the ceremony room a few things caught our eye and we went to the reception to pass these on to the girl at the desk who quite frankly should be ashamed of herself. A receptionist can make or break a hotel she in my opinion has no customer service skills speaking to THE MOTHER of the bride in the most cheeky and sarcastic manner ever (and I have worked in the industry for 10 years and can be a pretty sarcastic person myself) however the money which was spent on this wedding a bit of kindness and manners is the least she deserved she just wanted the perfect day for her daughter. This young receptionist needs immediately updated on her customer service and some lessons on how to speak to people. Rory our mc was a complete gentleman and couldn't do enough to help us. Bar function staff were a credit to him and his management team. All in all a fantastic day had by all just the mentioned female member of the reception team.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank bejs86

Hi bejs86,

Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel.

With regards to your complaint, I have investigated the incident with the Reception Manager and the receptionist on duty.

I can only apologise that you felt that you were not treated in the correct manner. I can assure you that this is not the service that we deliver in La Mon and it was not the intention of the member of staff to come across this way.

I always hope that if any guest has any issues, that they ask for myself or the senior manager on duty at the time. This gives us the chance to address their problems and hopefully rectify the situation before they leave the hotel dissappointed.

If you would like to ask the lady in question to contact me at the hotel I will be happy to talk to her about this matter.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just back from a wonderful 2 nite family break in the LaMon Hotel. Slight problem finding, satnav acting up & lack of signage!! When we arrived all forgotten with bein warmly welcomed by Christine on reception - who was most helpful throughout our visit & then met Francis who really made us feel very welcomed as a family. Interconnecting superior rooms - AMAZING! SO much space kids had room with 3 beds & room for another 3!! & our one had huge kingsize bed. Food lovely in both restaurants, as for breakfast kids never ate as much!! Best of all was the swimming pool, where we were told was no restriction on kids....... And true to the word we went swimming one evening after dinner 830-945pm wonderful, no probs with the kids, they had so much fun & slept so well later!
Went to see titanic & W5, both super for families, & easy to get to from hotel..
Felt i had to write this review as it really & truly was a wonderful family friendly hotel. Thank you so much to Francis & ALL the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hi ShannonsCCC,

Thank you so much for your comments about the hotel. It is always great to get customer feedback although especially nice when the comments are positive.

I will pass your kind words to Mr Brady and the staff and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went in for a meal in the lounge at 6pm for my mums birthday with my wife and dad, to be welcomed by the most ignorant man I have had the misfortune to meet in a long time!
We asked for a table in the lounge or restaurant and he shouted "I can get you either,what do you want !!!
He was wearing a suit with a foreign accent (you know who you are)
Waitress lovely as was the food
Shame he let his team down, he probably shouts at them too 0(

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
LJacksonGM, General Manager at La Mon Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Mark S,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience in the hotel.
This is certainly not how I expect our staff to behave and certainly not 4 star service.
If you would contact me on generalmanager@lamon.co.uk with your telephone number I would be happy to discuss this incident in further detail.