“Just fantastic”
Review of Maranatha House

Maranatha House
Ranked #7 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We made a very last minute decision to stay overnight in Belfast for my husband , myself and our 3 children and were fortunate to be able to stay here. Kelly, the owner , was so professional, helpful, genuine and welcoming. This was our first time staying here and would definitely recommend it. We stayed in room 7 and 9 on the top floor. Both lovely rooms. I'm not a great sleeper but I had a wonderful night's sleep! I disagree with a previous review regarding the view at the back of the house. Yes there is an alley but the view over the rooftops and chimney pots is amazing and should be photographed. Breakfast was great. Kelly is a wonderful host. We all really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend Maranatha to other travellers. Will definitely stay here when coming to Belfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kirstiepatton
There are newer reviews for Maranatha House

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Clean, friendly, warm and homely with the best breakfast I've had in Belfast! Will be staying again and suggesting to friends and family!

Had a couple of requests before arrival and nothing was a problem for the staff! All in all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Wow! This was a wonderful treat. My kids and I stayed here on our last night in Ireland, before returning to Glasgow to catch our flight home to Toronto. I initially chose the location because of its proximity to the ferry docks and The Titanic exhibit. From our brief visit it would seem Maranatha House is ideally located for a number of reasons....it is not far from downtown, there is a large park across the road, the bus stops right out side the front door, and we were able to walk to restaurants. We required a triple room, so Kelly showed us to a room on the top floor. The room was spacious enough (definitely more room than we had in London or, Dublin), with a completely renovated ensuite bathroom. Kelly and her husband have done a lovely job renovating this guest house...with a boutique feel. Breakfast was lovely, made to order....I love smoked salmon with my eggs. Finally, a big thanks to Kelly, who made every effort to help me book our ferry and train ride back to Glasgow, as I was having trouble with the Stena website. If I have the good fortune to return to Belfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GG296
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have stayed here on many occasions (mostly for concerts at the Odyssey Arena) The staff are friendly and seem to want to help you if needs be. One of the single room on the ground floor has black damp on the wall every time I had stayed. The breakfasts in the morning are lovely.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Keeva F
MaranathaHouse, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your review, however we have never had any issue with damp in any room, and the ground floor room that you mention is decorated to the highest standard. Happy to clear up any confusion if you want to email us at info@maranathahouse.com. Many thanks, Kelly

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in early February and enjoyed our stay at Maranatha House. Kelly was a very courteous host and was willing to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. Breakfast was lovely and the room was massive.
Will definitely stay again and would recommend to anyone staying in Belfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Maranatha House is certainly the best guesthouse I've ever stayed. From the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave you feel like you're welcome and at home. The hosts, Kelly and Dennis are delightful and take a keen interest in their guests welfare.The rooms are well presented and verysmart and clean. Breakfast menu superb. 15 minutes walk from city centre or a few minutes drive. I love this place and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stayed twice now. Double or single rooms all good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
MaranathaHouse, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post a review Elaine, it was lovely to have you back with us again at the weekend, and I hope the journey home was okay in the snow!! Many thanks again, Kelly

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Maranatha House is a comfortable B&B with all you could need, located in an excellent location (taxies into the center of the city costing less than £5, but the B&B itself is in a quiet location with no noise pollution). Bedrooms are clean and comfortable and the owner, Kelly, cares a great deal about her guests and makes sure you are well looked after - we are currently on our second visit here, for business purposes and will be returning whenever we need accommodation in Belfast. Excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle J
dbree254, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us. We are delighted that you have enjoyed both of your visits with us, it has been a pleasure having you stay with us. Kelly