“Very good B&B-nice staff”
Review of Maranatha House

Maranatha House
Ranked #7 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed 3 Nights at Maranatha and it was a really good choice. The staff is nice and very profesional.
The Bathrooms are in a top condition and cleaned daily.The Breakfast gives all you want-eggs,ceareals different choices of bread etc.
The difference between this B&B and all the other ones we stayed on our 14 day travell around the whole island is .......this one is more a Hotel than a B&B-which means that there is more distance between guests and staff-profesional not familiarly.

A little minus was that the floor is made by wood and so you hear every word that is spoken above you-in our last night we woke up and listend one hour to 2 man who where talking above us......not the best night,but it was only one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Maranatha House

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I recently stayed two nights with my wife and daughter. We booked two rooms and both rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. We were greeted by Kelly upon arrival and she was most helpful and pleasant. Breakfast in the morning was great.....and I assure you that you will not go hungry! Both cold and hot cooked to order were supplied with a smile. Location is nice and quiet as it is not in downtown. Honestly, I think that is a plus as downtown Belfast after dark is still not up to speed from a tourist standpoint. Hotel sits across from a beautiful park. I am not a usual B&B guest, but I can highly recommend Marantha House if you are visiting Belfast.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

As usual I left things to the last in booking accommodation. Because the World Irish Dancing Championships were on in Belfast at the time, accommodation was scarse. Luckily, I came across Maranatha House and booked at the last minute. I was pleasantly surprised and can highly recommend this B&B for good location, ample off street parking and especially the excellent service provided by all the dedicated staff. The highlight would be the delicious breakfasts which keeps you going for most of the day. Even when we had to leave early for competition, breakfast was left out for us. (thanks Marianne and Mertyl). The rooms were clean and warm. The only minor draw back was the water temperature and pressure in the shower. To end on a positive note, this B&B provides all you need for a stay in Belfast and is good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TLandP
Reviewed June 22, 2012

A lovely place to stay - spacious bedroom, very clean and a wonderful choice for breakfast. Great value for money and a friendly welcome, too. I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank SpencerSurrey
Reviewed June 9, 2012

It was clean and well appointed, and the staff were helpful enough. It felt a bit impersonal though, not warm and friendly. As a hotel it was great, had everything we needed. When we had an extra question about Belfast we were met with a little resistance, got the sense that we were being annoying. It just didn't feel quite like a BnB.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Belfast with some friends. I must say that it was a fabulous trip, which was topped off with the great accommodation at Maranatha House. We arrived tired and a little exhausted from our trip. We were greeted with such warmth from Kelly. It was such a refreshing start to our trip. She continued to be helpful and hospitable throughout our whole trip.

We arrived by car and found the guesthouse with ease. There was ample parking and Dennis was more than happy to help us with taxi’s over the weekend. The guest house was in a great location to access Belfast city centre. We walked during the day and got a taxi at night. There are also some great little restaurants in the local area where we had lunch one day. We found it very easy to get on to the motorway as we were continuing our trip North.

I was delighted when we entered our rooms- I couldn’t believe the high standard they were finished to - I have been in my fair share of guesthouses during my travels and I was impressed! The facilities that were on offer in the room ranged from tea & coffee and free wifi to a flat screen TV. However for me the most important thing is cleanliness! It was spotless I am glad to report!

I am someone who doesn’t like to skip breakfast, so I am always first down. I was not disappointed. There is a great selection of cooked and uncooked breakfasts. I took advantage of being away on holiday and went for the full breakfast. It was perfect. After that I knew I would definitely recommended Maranatha House to my friends! It had ticked all the boxes for me great location, high standard rooms, great breakfast and finally what topped it all off the friendliness and kindness shown by it’s owners Kelly and Dennis -nothing was ever too much hassel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Positive aspect : The clean room, the clean bathroom. The breakfast.

But :
we are used to going to b&b or guest houses. We usually enjoy their cosiness, the personality of the hostess and the "cachet" of the house/ each room. Maranatha house did not satisfy us with this aspects. We wished the room was a little bit bigger and less "anonymous-hotel like".
In addition, we were bothered by other guests speaking late in front of their bedroom, we could clearly hear the guest next door even when they'd turn on their light. we could hear a lot of noise from the other rooms and we could not sleep well.
Compared to other b&b/guest houses we went to, the value for money was overpriced to our point of view. We will not return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
dbree254, Owner at Maranatha House, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thanks for your feedback. We enjoyed meeting you and are very disappointed you did not enjoy your stay. Comments left in our guest book and our impressions on your departure were quite the contrary to this review, which made it a bit of a shock. I can only apologise if you felt the room was small, our smallest room is 12 ft H x 16ft W x 17ft L, but with lots of luggage it can seem smaller that that. I also regret the noise you experienced during your stay. We ask all guests to have consideration for others when they return to their rooms but as you can imagine it’s nearly impossible to police this. Our prices range from £25-35 pp including breakfast and parking. We hope to be competitive on these prices as we are minutes walk from the city centre, but I gladly take your comments onboard.
We are always disappointed with reviews like this and look to implement all constructive suggested feedback.
Many thanks,