Tara Lodge
Preferred Hotels
$82
PremierInn.com
2,751 results
All reviewssignature roomcity centreporridgesmall hotelnespresso machinebotanic stationdvd playerstudent areabotanic gardensminute walkqueens universityexcellent breakfastoff street parkingrestaurants and barsulster museumblack cab tourcar park
Reviewed September 4, 2013

while planning a family vacation in Northern Ireland, we book rooms at Tara Lodge sight unseen....I must say we all loved this place to stay....the rooms were clean and had everything we needed. The staff could not had been any nicer. The food was some of the best I have ever had. The porridge certainly was the best I've ever had. I would certainly stay there the next time I am in Belfast.

Room Tip: all of our rooms were wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My self & my husband are just back from a lovely weekend in Belfast. The hotel was great I emailed them to let them know it was our birthday & if they could give us a nice room. When we arrived we were checked in by a lovely girl, very informative & even wished us a happy birthday & said she had a bottle of champagne Cooling for us.....what a nice touch.
Room were immaculate, lovely staff & a fantastic breakfast. I eat porridge every day & I can honestly say it was the nicest porridge I've ever had (maybe it was the nip of whiskey!) there is a small car park & plenty of off street parking. Highly recommend this hotel.....ill be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Gorgeous place to stay. Rooms were of a great standard with bottled water in the room. Breakfasts were delicious too. Loads of restaurants and bars within walking distance. Would stay here again if I was booking a trip to Belfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Tara Lodge primarily due to the reviews and we were very disappointed. This hotel is a 3 star at best. The reasons: first, hotel has no a/c. Wouldn't be a problem in a quiet area, but it abuts the railroad tracks. With windows open there is continual noise of the train coming into and leaving the Botanic station. Second, Rooms are small - our signiture room had but one easy chair; closet was an Ikea-like shelving unit next to bed; small bathroom; Third - breakfast - mediocre. Buffet had dry cereal, juices and bowl of sad-looking cutup fruit. Ordered porridge - included only three slices of bananas; tried the berry option next day - a tiny 1/4 cup of berries accompanied the bowl. Last - an odd omission - no wash cloths in bathroom - not oversite, simply don't include.

We were baffled by the reviews. Is it that Belfast simply doesn't have good hotels? So we began asking our taxi drivers. They all said the the Merchants Hotel was the best in town; followed by the Europa.

The Tara Lodge is no luxury hotel. Compared to hotels in the states, its on par with a Holiday Inn - but without the air conditioning.

Room Tip: Ask for room in main building; our building was accessed outside, through the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank havaneserule
NoraDouds, General Manager at Tara Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear havaneserule

Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings regarding your stay at Tara Lodge. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your accommodation.

We do not purport to be a luxury property. Tara Lodge is graded as a four star Guest Accommodation provider not a five star hotel, as the Merchant Hotel is, and as such, we price our rooms accordingly. While I would agree that the Merchant Hotel is a fabulous property, the rooms there are at least twice the cost of our rooms.

The reviews written on this site were written by your follow guests. Therefore they are the people who rate us on this site. We are really delighted that, by and large, they continue to be delighted with our accommodation and in particular the breakfast. Just look at the previous positive comments about the porridge!

Kind Regards

Nora Douds
Tara Lodge
Belfast

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here recently while at a conference. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are modern, pleasant, comfortable and clean. Breakfasts good with lots of choice. The location is close to bars and restaurants, Queens university and the botanical gardens

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business