“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a fab long weekend in Belfast. Our stay at Tara Lodge was excellent and the breakfast was just wonderful. Room was lovely, very clean and warn. Staff are so helpful - nothing was too much trouble. We couldn't fault it.

We would stay again and recommend to friends

1 Thank jacquig58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed here at the end of March 2013 for a long weekend in Belfast. I was made to feel very welcome and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

The hotel is around a 10 minute walk to the main shopping area of Belfast. It is in a quiet area of the city, I never had any problems with noise or disruption. There are a few restaurants and bars nearby the hotel. I would recommend 'Speranza' which is an Italian restaurant about 5 minutes walk from the hotel, we had a lovely meal there.

The room was lovely. Very spacious and modern with a flat screen TV and a DVD player. The shower was great and there were complimentary toiletries. The bed is one of the comfiest I have ever slept in whilst staying in a hotel, they use memory foam mattress toppers. Certainly no issues with the rooms.

Breakfast - wow! I couldn't have asked for a better selection, service or standard. Breakfast is cooked to order and there is certainly plenty of choice - various types of porridge, several cooked breakfasts, pancakes, eggs and the standard cereals, freshly prepared fruit salad and yoghurts are laid out for self-serve. I had the traditional breakfast each morning which was beautifully presented and perfect in portion size. I also had the 'power porridge' one morning with syrup and banana which was lovely, I would recommend that anyone try this. Service was excellent and the staff were very attentive.

Over the whole weekend I found that the staff in this hotel really made your stay special. They went all out to ensure that you were made to feel welcome at their hotel. All of the staff that I spoke to were more than happy to recommend places to visit in Belfast and restaurants/bars to eat and drink. I would particularly thank Dave who was extremely kind and helpful during a difficult experience throughout my stay, I really appreciated his efforts and friendly banter. Again, the same comment must be made about Janine who was lovely and enjoyed a chat whilst waiting for a taxi on the final day of the trip.

I would not hesitate to return to this hotel and would recommend anybody to stay here if visiting Belfast. It is a true gem and I can only hope it stays that way as they offer an extremely comfortable and enjoyable stay in a lovely city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LFerg1
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Very nice little hotel, friendly and helpful staff,lots of choices for breakfast, room is well equipped , lot of restaurants nearby, botanic garden is only 5 minutes walk! Will definitely recommend this to friends!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Montywink
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Tara Lodge for one night in April. I had booked a weekend in Belfast for my boyfriends birthday and read excellent reviews about Tara Lodge which was the main reason for booking. The hotel is a little way outside Belfast but only a 10minute walk which isn't a problem. Upon arrival we were greeted by the receptionist that must never sleep (during our entire stay she was always on reception from arrival on Sat afternoon, midnight-ish that evening and then the next morning!) and told that we had been given a complimentary upgrade to one of their special rooms as it was Dean's birthday which was a great surprise and really appreciated. The room was no.8 on the 1st floor and lovely. Really big, lovely comfy big bed, big tv, ipod docker, bathroom with a bath and great power shower. My only criticism of the room was that it was a little cold (but then I am a very cold person) and that, despite having two types of bath gel and bath salts in the bathroom, there was no hair conditioner, but other than that, no complaints. They also have a good quality hairdryer in the room. After a great nights sleep we went down to breakfast which was also included in the price and honestly, it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have ever had. The bacon and sausage were really tasty and flavoursome, the egg cooked perfectly, the potato cake was to die for and the toasted bread was like something from a dream. I could have eaten a whole loaf of it. Check out was quick and easy and we were left wishing we stayed for longer. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Belfast, it's not got all the tripadvisor awards for nothing and it is cheap too!

Room Tip: We had Room 8, which was one of the special bigger rooms and it was fantastic.
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed three nights before starting a week tour of Republic of Ireland. We missed the Tara as soon as we left it. Comfy, quiet room with nice amenities. Front desk staff were all extremely helpful and informed. And then there is the restaurant-style breakfast with menus! We will definitely recommend it . A short taxi ride from George Best Airport and a block from train station. Loads of restaurants within three minute walk. Don't miss the Titanic Museum while in Belfast and the Hop on Hop Off bus is great. The front desk can help with tours. Thanks Tara Lodge!

Room Tip: Our room faced the street in front of Tara but it was extremely quiet on the second floor
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a frequent traveller and my standards are very high. Tara Lodge met them all. The housekeeping was impeccable, front of house staff were very friendly helpful and the breakfast was lovely: varied, locally sourced and well cooked/presented. They didn't overstretch themselves in trying to offer too much, but what they did, they did very, very well. The location was also very convenient for the city centre and Queens. I loved it and will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mair R
Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed at Tara Lodge for 2 nights on our first visit to Belfast. Very satisfied with the location (only 10 mins from city hall). Arrived from an early flight and checked in shortly after arrival to a spotless room with huge,comfortable bed, and was perfect for our short break. Staff were very friendly, especially Ricky, who was very knowledgeable about the city and was keen to tell us all about it, and also keen to find out about us. It is easy to see why Tara Lodge has such great reviews, it deserves nothing less. All-in-all a very enjoyable stay and well worth a visit. We will certainly be back.