“Perfect experience!”

Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Newry, United Kingdom
“Perfect experience!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and i would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. From the moment we arrived we felt very welcome (the complimentary drinks voucher went down a treat). Our room was spacious with a lovely bathroom and the bed was amazing which meant a great nights sleep! Our room was quite warm because of the extremely warm weather outside, when asking at reception about getting the room cooled down the sent up a big fan which was a great help. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly but professional; nothing was ever a problem. The food was very nice and the beat the clock was a nice feature too! The hotel itself is not too far from the shopping centers which I liked. We loved our stay at the hotel and hope to be back soon! Thanks to all at Benedicts Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Benedicts is quite unique among Belfast hotels in that they offer all the comfort of the high profile hotels yet come across as a local guest house whose staff always remember you and make you feel at home. You even get a voucher for a complimentary drink in the bar (well, bar is an understatement, it's a classy joint and very friendly as the night goes on with superb live music every night - a great place to be and deserves a review of it's own). The restaurant is extemely atmospheric and the food is great. Breakfast is always a pleasure too. The bedrooms are extremely comfortable and wifi is uncomplicated. It really has a feel to it that the big multiples can't ever match. It's good and central too with many decent eateries nearby if you don't fancy eating in house. The only downside is the lack of parking but the 200 metre hike to the car park is a small price to pay (I had to write something negative or else the review would have looked as though it was written by the owner!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
England
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I chose to stay here on business mainly because of the Tripadvisor reviews and there certainly seem to be a few common themes. On the positive side as many reviewers have said there are a couple of outstanding features. The beds are just amazing and, importantly, so is the bedding with high quality sheets and the best pillows ever, magically light and supportive at the same time. The other huge plus the hotel has is its staff, both in the hotel itself and even more so in the restaurant. Quick, friendly, charming and always smiling you feel that nothing is too much trouble; the level of service is absolutely second to none, absolutely a credit to the hotel and to Belfast.

However on the down side I was possibly unlucky to arrive on an uncharacteristically warm and humid evening (certainly for Belfast anyway). I can echo the experiences of china_blue a few days earlier; the triple glazing, although it opens a fraction, understandably seems more suited to keeping out the cold than coping with warm weather. Even with all three windows open to the maximum it was impossible to get a proper flow of air through making the room somewhat stifling. And then there was the issue of the noise; with the windows open, to begin with the only issue was a droning which I assumed was coming from the air conditioning system of the youth hostel next door. As the night went on there was increasingly loud music and shouts and screams from the local revellers which went on into the early hours - this was an ordinary weekday night. Even with all of the windows closed there was an insistent 'boom boom' of dance music bass. I actually got the impression that it was from neighbouring venues and not from Benedicts but at 1am it was largely academic.

I ate in the restauarant in the evening and at breakfast and the standard of food was generally above that of a normal hotel chain. The 'beat the clock' deal before 7 represents decent value for money. It's well worth experiencing the vegetable roll and the brown bread at breakfast which were both a great local touch. And their Smithwicks beer was first class.

Otherwise everything's clean and attractively laid out and the room was a good size. The immediate area's ok and seemed perfectly safe to walk around although it's a little scruffier round the edges than the city centre which is only 10 minutes walk away. The only other thing I have negative to say is that the toilet paper and tissues appear to have been the result of an experiment to discover the world's thinnest man-made material...

I feel kind of bad giving this hotel only three stars because the service from the staff is clearly a five star affair. But unfortunately the rating has to reflect the fact that, for the first time that I can remember, I just didn't get a decent night's sleep because of the heat and noise. To be fair a colleague who spent a few night here the previous week said that the noise hadn't caused any problems at all and possibly if it hadn't been so hot I would have drifted off to sleep.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Clydebank, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I had a great time at Benedict's. As soon as we arrived the receptionist was lovely, or room wasn't ready and we got a token for a free drink at the bar so we took advantage of this and when we returned to reception our room was ready. The room was really spacious. We faced the road and it was very noisy but not when the windows were closed. I have not come across nicer staff in a hotel every member of staff was ver friendly and cheerful, the bar staff and restaurant staff were brilliant. We had dinner a couple of times in the restaurant and the food was excellent value on on beat the clock menu. The entertainment at night was really good with a DJ from 10 until 11 and then a band, the bands were brilliant. I would highly recommend Benedict's the owners of this hotel have everything covered, excellent friendly staff, lovely rooms and good food. A special mention for the cocktails at 2.95 from 4 o'clock till 10 o'clock a bargain.

Leicester UK
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is generally very nice but there are simply too many small issues to ignore. The room was clean comfortable and well presented although l found it a but stuffy and was unable to open the windows more than a few cms due to the secondary double glazing,however this was a blessing later on as the room was immediately above the extractor fans for the kitchens and the smoking area,the bar below was noisy and I was able to sing along to sounds from the 80's until well after midnight!The restaurant Food and Service were excellent and l cannot fault
The bathroom was clean and spacious although the fan cover was missing which left a gaping hole and the ceiling and the plumbing made a noise that can only be described as sounding like a model aircraft taking off. Finally the route march to and from the recommended car Park with a couple of heavy bags was a bit tedious.l apologise if the above is negative but it's due in part to me being in Belfast for business reasons, had my visit been for leisure most of the above would probably not be an issue.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank china_blue
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I were given vouchers for a 2 night stay in Benedicts as a wedding present. The vouchers entitled us to a four course evening meal the first night and breakfast the next morning, the second voucher was for 'Champagne Sundays' which gets a bottle of champagne and an overnight stay. From the moment we checked in the staff were very welcoming and friendly. We were meeting friends for a night out in Belfast on the Saturday so we asked if we could have our bottle of champagne with our meal and it was no problem. When we sat down to our meal that night we were told that our first drink was on the house which I thought was a nice touch. The service was great, we were never looking around for a member of staff and they were all lovely! The food was delicious and I can't say enough how impressed I was with the staff and the level of good service. The room we were staying in was very comfortable, clean and surprisingly quiet! Not what I was expecting considering it's above a nightclub. Overall a very enjoyable stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Went for the champagne Sunday deal must say it was good value for money 3 of us sharing the room free bottle of moet in the room , first drink free ......cocktail hour was cocktail 6 hour ...had the carvery in the bar when we arrived , really good value for money . Entertainment in the afternoon and night . Staff were all very friendly constantly clearing away glasses and cleaning tables ...... Rooms were really spacious beds really comfy .......and to round things off a lovely cooked breakfast in the morning . Definitely will return would recommend this to anyone just wanting a good day and night out without even having to leave the hotel

• Stayed July 2013