“A friendly boutique hotel”

Benedicts of Belfast
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“A friendly boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

What a great hotel! Last minute change of plans resulted in a one night stay in Benedicts Hotel. Brilliant!! Friendly staff, great food -especially the breakfast. Really helpful bar staff who were more than happy to look after us. Overall, happy to recommend

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aughnagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times previous but most recently an overnight for a next day interview/meeting. What can I say, fast and easy check in, room was nicely decorated, clean and a suitable heat for time of day. Reception staff very friendly and where happy to organise a taxi. Food in the restaurant is great and great service. Would happily recommend to family, friends or anyone visiting Belfast.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Paul C
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

On arrival to Benedicts i found the reception staff very welcoming. We were staying in an executive room which was fabulously decorated and HUGE! My parents stayed in a regular room which was also very well decorated and of a very good size. The entire hotel and adjoining bar & restaurant were immaculately clean, all the staff were polite and friendly, everything was very priced reasonably and the food was delicious. I do think this hotel is better suited to young people who are looking to enjoy the lively nightlife of Belfast as the bar turns into a nightclub in the evening and is very busy. It's within easy walking distance to the main shopping centers and tourist attractions and I would thoroughly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Towards the back of the hotel, away from the street is quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Zoe B
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

With a group of 25 ladies we lived in luxury at the Benedicts Hotel in Belfast. Hotel has great location, rooms are spacious, luxury with everything you could ask for and more for the cost! We paid 70 dinner bed and breakfast and this also included a cocktail class with 2 cocktails each and a free drink with dinner - we could not believe the excellent value for money. All staff we very courteous and assisted and met all our needs and requirements – top class customer care throughout the weekend! The food was 10/10 excellent choice at breakfast and dinner. Even though we had an extremely early flight they had the rooms available for all of us at 11 am, kept our luggage safe when we arrived and after check out on the Sunday till our flight home late Sunday night. You have everything you need in the one building even with one of the best bars/nightclubs in the city. We enjoyed a few cocktails on Sunday afternoon with the house band Blackthorn which really made our day – built a great atmosphere and topped off a 1st class weekend! We are looking at booking up again for the summer!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Glesgagal84
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in Benedict's Hotel 23/02/2013 as part of a Hen Party, there were 21 of us altogether. From the moment we arrived I was impressed, check in was uncomplicated (for all 21 of us). Rooms were all very nice, I didn't see them all but comments throughout the group were all good, I couldn't believe how comfortable the beds were, you literally just sink into them! We had cocktail lessons as part of our booking and we each got 2 free cocktails as part of that, I must mention Brian the bar manager who had the greatest of patience. Also included in our booking was a 4 course meal and we had a choice of everything on the menu, not just a set menu as you would expect with a group booking like ours. Food was fabulous and I should mention that we ran an hour late for our meal booking and it was no problem to the Restaurant Staff. We had talked about going a few place after our meal but when we went back downstairs there was no need to leave the building as the place was buzzing, we managed to find an area close to the dance floor with seats and be bopped the night away. Breakfast the next morning was also excellent and we could easily have stayed another night. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a lively place in a central location. Cocktails are not to be missed. Staff were so pleasant and even though the disco was busy there was no problem getting served at the bar, we also each got a voucher for a free drink when we checked in.

Room Tip: Cocktails are to die for
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Enniskillen, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I ha several years ago.I have being staying in Benedicts for the last 10 years or more. I may stay one, two or three nights at a time. I was a more frequent guest when I had to travel over to London on buisness. I would stay overnight before going to london as I found staying overnight put me in a good mood before heading to londo for very boring committee meetings. On my return I would have usually stayed over depending on my schedule. I have always been given a very warm welcome and from the moment yoju enter the reception area you feel a sense of belonging. I have known Anna the longest of all the receptionists who I have found to be very efficient and very respectful. The other receptionists are also very attentive.Once you enter the bar you get a warm greeting and maybe a hug from one the many friendly and efficient bar staff. The rooms are excellent and keenly priced. on visiting the restaurant you get another equally warm greeting and another hug before you sit down to very tasty food and fine wine at a reasonable price. On leaving you are thanked for your custom and are ask when you will return. I get a sense that Benedicts is like a family and staff feel part of that family and as a familar guest over the past 10 years i also have a sense of belonging. I cannot praise the staff of Benedicts enough and for Paddy, Gary and the rest of your team--- Well done and wishing Benedicts further success.

Room Tip: Depending on your circumstances I find top rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

By far the nicest hotel I've stayed in - gorgeous, huge room (eventhough it was a standard twin) had a double & single. Large dressing area / large bathroom (incl bath) the best sheets and pillows ever !

Great restaurant at the hotel - great food, staff go over and above and if you like a drink there's even a bar with bands on next door which is free. Breakfast was divine x

• Stayed February 2013