“Had a great stay!”

Benedicts of Belfast
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. We were greeted at the front desk by Anna, who was kind and helpful and really made us feel welcome. The rooms were great and the breakfast was amazing. We were walking distance to good food , shopping and pubs. At the end of the day we stopped in the lovely pub downstairs. Anna arranged for our tour of the Giant's Causeway and we met the tour bus right outside. It was a wonderful stay along our trip and I hope to visit there again.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed November 10, 2012

On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and give us a complimentary drink voucher to use in the bar. Our deal for the week was fantastic value at £80 per night Bed, breakfast and evening meal.
The first night was spoilt by inconsiderate women next door to me on the third floor that woke me up on there return and kept me awake slamming doors, elephant feet & generally ablivious to any other guests. The other irritating thing that prevented me giving full marks was the failure of the WIFI to work in the rooms, and extreamly intermittent in reception. there did seem a complete lack of desire to fix the issue, at one point one member of staff tried to fob me off with its a "BT issue in Wales".
Having said that the rooms were clean with plenty of room to move around. I'm sure the Hotel will rectify the wifi issue and I would recommend anybody to stay here if they can get a deal.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have stayed in Belfast many times but on my last visit i found this spot its about 10 min walk from the centre every one was very nice the room was clean and comfortable the bar was the highlight very well decorated and a good athmosphere, the brekkie was good too where it was served upstairs was another large resturant with bar and it was very nice done in wood over all i would recomend Benedicts to anyone

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thownagh
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed here two nights while vacationing in Ireland. It was a great hotel. Staff was very, very polite and helpful. The rooms were great. Breakfast was great. The bar was great. Everything was great. It is a bit of a walk to downtown but we used the hop-on-hop-off bus that goes by the hotel and did not have to make the walk. We will definitely return the next time we are in Belfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had 2 nights here. Pretty convenient location, 10-15 min walk to main bit of city centre, and maybe another 15 mins to Titanic quarter. Quite a few bars and resturants along that route to choose from as well as those in city centre. Restaurant in the hotel is pretty good and nice atmosphere. Seems to get busy so best to book I think although they did manage to fit us in anyway. The hotel bar is decent and quite lively in the evening too.
Rooms are decent size and clean. Beds are enormous and comfortable. Pillows are like pancakes though, but I daresay you could get an extra one if you ask.
Only problem we had was there was a squealing pipe or vent or something in the corridor outside our room, sounded like a cat being inappropriately interfered with all night. This has quite probably been fixed by now - to be fair I never mentioned it to the staff, and they were all so friendly and helpful they would probably have sorted it out straight away if I had.
Breakfasts were great too. Would be quite happy to stay here again next time in Belfast.

2  Thank AdamD846
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I would just like to thank all at Benedicts for a wonderful stay. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty, taken to the bar for a complementary drink, sorted out with lunch. The decor in the room was lovely, my husband thought very tastefully decorated and I can tell you that is something, he usually never notices things like that. Room service was quick and everything we got was top class and not overpriced. Breakfast was very tasty and again the staff were 100%. Will definitely be back and shall have no hesitation recommending this hotel. Thank you and all at Benedicts for a lovely stay and shall see you at Christmas.

1  Thank Breena M
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed on a Sunday night in October. Room was big though dark, bed comfy. Plenty of toileteries provided plus tea coffee and biscuits and 2 kinds of water - very generous. Breakfast was good, tasty orange juice and cooked to order Ulster fry with vegetable roll - didn't know they still made that. Fresh fruit containers a novel idea but mine was not fresh and had started to ferment- not good.

We got a voucher for a free drink on arrival which was a nice touch. We were amazed at how lively the place was on a Sunday. There was live music when we arrived late afternoon. Unfortunately the techno music continued until 1am and it was very loud in our room on the second floor and kept us awake. The guests returning to their rooms after 1am were also very noisy. It really spolied our stay but I guess this is the price you pay for a hotel on the Golden Mile.

Room Tip: ask for one where you will not hear noise from the bar