“The best in Belfast”

Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Denver, Colorado
“The best in Belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

I just finished another excellent stay at Benedicts. Without a doubt the most charming place to stay in Belfast with a level of service that is rare. Dona and Anna at the front desk are always so helpful, no matter what I need, this time it was a flat iron and some stamps. It amazes me how they always remember their guests names! Mateo's breakfast service is fast and friendly and I always enjoy having a chat with him. I have come to know many of the staff over the almost 3 years that I have been traveling to Belfast, and they are the best! I can't believe I hadn't written this sooner.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank skipmas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Hackensack, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were very impressed by the rooms at this hotel, so clean, so modern! Very happy we made the choice to stay here. We ate dinner in the restaurant, which was quite good and surprising reasonable, and had the included breakfast which was included in the room rate. Only thing I would have liked would have been a family room to accommodate the 4 of us (2 parents and their adult children) as it is easier to share a room rather than walking back and forth in the hall. Parking is a bit far if it is cold and raining *(which it was) but defintely not a deal breaker)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bensen
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

My girlfriends & I have a long weekend away every October & we've visited a variety of cities/towns in the UK. I've stayed at Benedict's before after it was recommended to me by a colleagues. I used to work in Belfast & recommended it for our "2011 Tour". My friends were dubious at first, never having been to Northern Ireland and concerned about the troubles but i persuaded them otherwise.
Well, what a fantastic weekend we had. From check-in on Friday morning, to Brian the Bar Manager catering to our every need (except a game of cards - it's against the law in NI), the breakfast waiter (what a star!) and the band on Sunday lunchtime, to check-out. We could not have asked for a better welcome or a more convivial stay.
thanks Benedicts, we will be back, whether you like it or not!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank k4thy
Stirling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

Recent weekend break to celebrate my partner's birthday. Location is good, although there are other hotels closer to the shopping areas. Room was very spacious and comfortable with all the amenities and extras expected. We ate dinner on the first night and breakfast both mornings in the restaurant. Excellent service, generous portions and most tastes catered for. This 3* hotel offers 5* service and is definately worth a repeat visit.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are less troubled with noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlisonStirling
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

the location was good although it was a 10 minute walk to the city and after walking around all day I was looking longingly at all of the other hotels we had to pass on our way back to the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room spacious. The music from the bar was audible on the 2nd floor but it was not intrusive. The front desk staff were welcoming friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: we chose an executive room which has a spa and it was excellent
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

I recently stayed in this hotel for a short business trip and was very impressed. First of all, the location is fantastic; it is just a short walk from much of what Belfast has to offer. Upon arrival the staff were very helpful, and did not hesitate to answer any questions I had. Although the restaurant was very busy, the service was great and the food was delicious. I stayed in an executive suite, and my room was the epitome of luxury. The bed was so comfortable I was almost late for my meeting! I will definitely be staying here again when I'm next in Belfast.

• Stayed October 2011
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

This fab hotel is well located on Belfast's Golden Mile, a short stroll from the main shopping area (Victoria Square, Royal Avenue etc) and within easy reach of Queen's University and other bars and restaurants (not that you will need them as the food in Benedicts is excellent and the bar is THE place to be!).

The staff are exceptionally friendly and always happy to help. The rooms are spacious, comfortable (especially the beds) well appointed, and competitively priced, and the breakfast (included) is warm and welcoming and served with a smile.

This was our second stay in Benedicts and it didn't disappoint. The atmosphere for Halloween weekend was fantastic and carried right through from the restaurant to the bar and beyond. In fact, we had such a great time that we're going to book it again for a friend's birthday in December!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are quieter if you stay on the weekend (less noise from the bar)
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends