“Great location, very friendly”
Review of Avenue Guest House

and 1 more site!
Avenue Guest House
Ranked #4 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Great location, very friendly”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Rooms were large, comfortable and generally clean. Owners very friendly and helpful with anything we needed advice on. Happy to recommend places to eat and book taxis. Great location to get into town, to/from the airport and nice breakfasts!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Avenue Guest House is in the Queens University area just outside the city center. The walk to the city is very easy. Obviously, the stroll through the Univeristy and Botanical gardens is even closer. Parking is adequate and safe on the street out front.
We stayed in a top floor room. I think there were 6 total rooms. Very comfortable.
Alice was a very good hostess. She made sure we were situated and even helped us with our bags. She arranged a tour of the city with a cab company for us. She made suggestions of places to see and good restaurants. All suggestions were spot on.
She provided and wonderful breakfast. There is nothinng more she could have done to make us more welcome and comfortable. Great visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rankin2010
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We only stayed one night at Avenue Guest House, but it was lovely. The rooms were beautiful, clean, and inviting. The breakfast was very good. The hosts were very accommodating and helpful to us in all that we needed. It is a great location with an easy walk to Queen's, pubs and city center. We love Belfast and will now continually stay at this B&B when we are there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a very nice stay at Avenue Guest House. Alice is a very good host. Breakfast was delicious.. BEST scones I tried in this 2 1/2 week holiday in Ireland, Northern Ireland & UK.. =)
The rooms are spacious, nice and clean. The B&B is good located, to the next bus station it's a 2 or 3 minutes walk.
When you decide to go to Belfast : Visit Avenue Guest House!!
Ina & Sven

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wenbockts
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was there just for 1 night however i found this hotel amazing, the staff pretty friendly.
I found very useful they have wifi .

About the room: twin room very comfortable and in the shower, there was shampoo and shower gel provided.

Breakfast: The breakfast was nice, fresh Orange , yoghurts

The cooked breakfast was pretty nice it was mushrooms, tomatoes and eggs I Choose scrambled. Other choices available too.

IF i ever return i will go to this place again. Btw there's a restaurant call little wings highly recommended

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Basque Country
Reviewed July 5, 2012

As I have noted in previous reviews I am by no means an avid B&B user so I did not yet know what to expect from this place. However, all my doubts quickly vanished as soon as we entered the property and the owner warmly welcomed us. This place really deserves all the good reviews it consistently gets as it is perfectly managed and comes as a very reasonable option to explore Belfast, a city that deserves a visit. Here is a small round-up of the main features:

-Location: easily accesible by car (we were driving in from Derry), in the southern part of the city, a 20-25 minute walk away from the City Hall and the center. The botanical gardens and the university area are right beside the hotel, and if you are a runner like myself you'll find a large park nearby, as well as plenty of other options. The area is nice and quiet and features quite a few restaurants that cater for different tastes (there was a Thai resturant named Thai Tanic nearby!). As I wrote, the street is nice, clean and safe but for some reason you'll find plenty of houses either for sale or to let, so it looks like people are fleeing the area. My guess is that it used to be a posh and trendy area during the troubles and that now it's losing ground to more central areas or the new Titanic quarter redevelopment among the city's well-off and hipsters.

-Management: like I said, efficient, professional, discreet and eager to help visitors.

-Rooms: we were five friends so we were asigned two rooms, one with a double-bed and the other with a double and a single-bed. I shared with two friends and the room was great: nice outside view, spacious and modern bathroom with all kinds of facilities (the lights can be noisy when turned on, though), lots of space in the room, a safe, a flatscreen TV, DVD facilities, free wi-fi (password promptly provided by the owner) and of course spotlessly clean.

-Breakfast: lots of options to perfectly start the day. Apart from the menu, there were other items upon request.

Prices are very competitive as well so, whereas I cannot give an opinion on the city's hotels, I dare say this is definitely a top bed and breakfast. Very recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I was spending a week at Queens University--after a long trip from Boston, Massachusetts and knew little about Northern Irish ways. Avenue Guest House was an oasis for this tired traveller.
My room was perfect--immaculate--with everything a traveller needs to feel at home. Alice was helpful and helped me orient myself. The breakfast was wonderful and I felt very pampered.

My husband and I go to Sligo very often--and I want to show him what a wonderful city Belfast is.
We hope we'll find room at the Avenue.

Joan