“Friendly and very helpful.”
Review of Camera Guesthouse

Camera Guesthouse
Ranked #36 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Brindisi
“Friendly and very helpful.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My flight was late getting into Belfast and I arrived after booking time. When I phoned the Managers I was greeted with a friendly voice who was not put out at all and opened the door with a smile even due to the lateness of the night. This has been the experience during my time at Camera Guest House. Due to the length of my stay I was upgraded to a room with a en-suite. Room was small but clean and serviced every day with friendly staff. Breakfast was lovely and dining room always clean. With my wheat allergy they provided gluten free bread for me which was much appreciated. Miriam was always very helpful with booking tours and giving me some information of local attractions. Danny and Miriam you should be very proud of yourselves for providing a pleasant stay, good value,great breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Sally M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very helpful and pleasant staff, in fact couldn't have been more helpful. Room was tidy and clean. Everything worked fine. A couple of small niggles but taking into account this was a family guest house and not a sanitised hotel then I would highly recommend it. Very close to the Ulster Museum and Botanic Gardens - about 10 mins walk and about another 10 mins to the Theatre. About 25 - 30 mins to walk to the Europa bus station.

Room Tip: Don't think there is any great difference, I was on the 2nd floor and it was quiet enough. Not a...
1 Thank Barry_Suffolk
New York
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. My room was a small bed for one with a sink and TV. It was clean and warm. The floorboards are indeed VERY creaky which almost did me in when I had to get up in the middle of the night. The staff is friendly, the breakfast delicious and the right amount. The woman who serves breakfast and cleans the room is super friendly and professional as is the woman who greeted my when I checked in. The location is near a university so there was some loud talking on the streets late at night when they came home from the pubs. The location is mostly quiet though on a small street in between 2 busy ones. It's a short walk to city center, but there are also buses nearby. There's several small shops and restaurants nearby and the free Ulster museum is right down the road. I would recommend for people who are not going in and out late at night. I had no problems with the shared bathroom. It was also available and I was able to get in when I needed a shower in the morning, but the hot water could have been a bit more ample.

1 Thank stevinazo
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the guest house early november. Beautiful house with lovely people who politely greeted us. Breakfast was superb and served with a smile, great way to start the day. The couple running it were very informative with regards to what was located around us in terms of sites, restaurants and things to do. Very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, made my trip even better. A big thank you and will be back next year!!

• Stayed November 2012
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

From the moment we rang the bell we were made to feel that we were a hindrance to host, asked straight away if we wanted a cooked breakfast and when replied yes told breakfast was only up to 9.30 on a Sunday and you had to be down at 9.20, room was just OK if freezing but there was a heater however you could not have TV, Heater and hairdryer all on at once as there were only 2 plugs (ever heard of an adapter or extension lead) Shower warm but not very powerful, maybe all the power was for the toilet which sounded like a jet plane every time you flushed it. Made it down to breakfast 9.10 and Theresa stomped around the room like a headmistress in a 50's boarding school I felt like a bold child for putting her out, so much for a relaxed breakfast we rushed it in to us and made our escape ASAP where Danny stumbled over an excuse as to why he was charging us £6 more than the online booking price. We just paid and ran will never be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
cameragh, Manager at Camera Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear j M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Camera Guesthouse.

My wife (Miriam) and I were saddened to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are a small family-run business trading in difficult times, and as such we take any negative review very seriously.

Firstly, regarding the issue of payment, I can reassure you that you were not overcharged. If you read your confirmation email correctly, you will realise that you were charged the correct amount for the room that you originally chose and booked online. Needless to say, this aspect of your review caused us some distress as, I’m sure you’ll agree, inaccurate and misleading reviews can be damaging for a business.

As I personally oversaw your arrival, I’m very surprised that you thought you received unfriendly service. We pride ourselves on our friendly, personable approach – as mentioned in countless positive online reviews – and I didn’t treat you any differently. As with all of our guests, I informed you that my wife and I live on the premises, and to give our door a knock if you needed anything at all. It’s disappointing, therefore, that you chose not to speak to us in person about any of your concerns.

Regarding breakfast times, we ask all guests who want a cooked breakfast to be down ten minutes before the end of breakfast. As we cook all our food fresh to order, this is not an unreasonable request, nor is it binding.

We apologise for the lack of an extension lead in your room – we have already taken steps to rectify this. Thank you for pointing this out. However, it should also be noted that the room you stayed in has no less than four power outlets. Likewise, we apologise for the noise of the toilet flush. As I hope you will understand, there are certain plumbing concessions that come with adding en-suite bathrooms to a Victorian-era property.

Danny
Camera Guesthouse

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Pros:
Staff were lovely, and the place overall was spotless. Breakfast was freshly cooked and plentiful, and the hours during which it was served were reasonable. My single room had a sink, television, dresser, nightstand, and plenty of outlets. Fresh towels were provided, and were changed daily. Housekeeping also threw out trash, cleaned the sink, and made the bed. Noise from the road was minimal.

Cons:
However, the shared bathroom was abused by other guests (shower broken because they couldn't figure out how to use it), and the hallway floors in a building of that age are quite creaky. Doors are rather thin, as well. Well-served to the city center by the 9A/B/C bus, but rather a long hike on foot. Tesco superstore a 10 minute walk south, various convenience stores and restaurants nearby.

Overall, had a tremendously positive experience, and this will be my base on subsequent Belfast visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo