“Really pleasant - excellent value”

Pearl Court Guesthouse
Ranked #16 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Whitley Bay, England
“Really pleasant - excellent value”
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I stayed here the night before my wedding. Staff were really pleasant, the room was clean and spacious, very handy to the wedding venue (Malone House). A comfortable guest house. Excellent value - would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Myself and my husband stay in this quality Guesthouse frequently and consider it to be a home from home when visiting Belfast. The staff are very friendly, and always ensure that our stay is an enjoyable and relaxing one. The breakfasts are always excellent and nothing is ever too much trouble. The rooms are always immaculate and comfortable and each room is uniquely decorated. A hidden gem!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I had a pleasant 2-night stay at the Pearl Court Guesthouse. I called the day before to confirm my reservation; the manager was very helpful in helping me with direction to get to the guesthouse from the airport. Getting there, my cab driver knew of the place by name; this is always a good sign because, to me, it shows that others had stayed there. When I arrived, I was promptly given a tour and shown to my room. The room was decent and comfortable. Being new to Belfast, the person working there was very helpful with directions and recommendations regarding ethnic restaurants and the surrounding neighborhood. Because it was St. Paddy's day weekend, I was also pleasantly warned of the business of the guesthouse and the city; I appreciated this. The breakfast was fantastic (eggs, bacons, sausages, toasts, coffee, juice, fruits, tea, etc...). I also like the availability of a computer with internet connection as well.

• Stayed March 2009
birmingham
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed in Pearl Court Guesthouse for 2 nights last week. I didnt make the booking it was arranged by staff at Queens University where i was giving a lecture. I was delighted with my time there. My room was warm and comfortable and very clean.The staff were friendly and efficient . The breakfast was great and included a lovely selection of homemade bread. I was able to work in my room which was equipped with free wireless internet. I believe the university put up alot of there visiting lecturers here and I certainly can recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Tyrone
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Stayed in Pearl Court for 1 night with my boyfriend as we were at a concert in Belfast.
Only arrived at 5.30pm and had to check out for 11am so we didnt really spend that long in the room.
Was a bit dubious on entering the accommodation as from the outside and front door it looks a bit old and run down. Was quite worried about the funny smell in the front hall and the so called dining room was not the most appealing iv ever seen - didnt fancy eating my breakfast off school desks!!
When we got up to the room we were pleasantly surprised by the fresh, new look of the room. I have to admit I was quite impressed and as we really only needed a place to sleep we were happy enough.
Pearl Court was fine for 1 night at short notice but I dont think I would rush back or recommend it for any more than 1 nights stay.

Please remove the horrendous trees from each side of the front door - they are going to attck some1!!!!

• Liked — the room was nice
  • Disliked — the bathroom was a bit manky - quite a lot of mould in shower
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosieD85
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed November 24, 2008

The Pearl Court is a well-kept-up property with refreshingly contemporary, minimalist decor. However that is the Only thing they get right. Their staff are inept and irresponsible, and managers similarly fuzzy-minded and not often around.

During my stay, there were workmen hammering and drilling for several days, with furniture moved out into the middle of the hallway so you could barely pass. I missed breakfast a few times till I realized that the staff member who had let me in (after I'd waited outside in the cold wind and rain for 20 minutes) had told me that breakfast was served until 10:00 when in fact they stop serving at 9:30 AM. These are only a few of their problems. I learned during my stay that this B&B has a bad reputation in Belfast, and no wonder. Give it a Complete Miss!

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — Bad service; nonexistent management
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank sellingauthor

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

louth
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Me and my friend stayed der 4 d weekend.... we wont b goin back d staff have no manners wat so ever not very helpful at all... d room wasnt d cleanest n water was runnin down d wall n mte i add it looked like pee from a toilet up stairs... 2 skimpy wee towels dat we had to make do wit 4 d whole weekend(very nice) we didnt even bother wit d breakfeast d smell was enugh 4 us... so my advice is 2 stay in a hotel......

• Liked — nutin
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends