“I would return to this place again in the future...”

Pearl Court Guesthouse
Ranked #17 of 49 Belfast B&B and Inns
Seattle
“I would return to this place again in the future...”
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I had a pleasant 2-night stay at the Pearl Court Guesthouse. I called the day before to confirm my reservation; the manager was very helpful in helping me with direction to get to the guesthouse from the airport. Getting there, my cab driver knew of the place by name; this is always a good sign because, to me, it shows that others had stayed there. When I arrived, I was promptly given a tour and shown to my room. The room was decent and comfortable. Being new to Belfast, the person working there was very helpful with directions and recommendations regarding ethnic restaurants and the surrounding neighborhood. Because it was St. Paddy's day weekend, I was also pleasantly warned of the business of the guesthouse and the city; I appreciated this. The breakfast was fantastic (eggs, bacons, sausages, toasts, coffee, juice, fruits, tea, etc...). I also like the availability of a computer with internet connection as well.

• Stayed March 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
birmingham
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed in Pearl Court Guesthouse for 2 nights last week. I didnt make the booking it was arranged by staff at Queens University where i was giving a lecture. I was delighted with my time there. My room was warm and comfortable and very clean.The staff were friendly and efficient . The breakfast was great and included a lovely selection of homemade bread. I was able to work in my room which was equipped with free wireless internet. I believe the university put up alot of there visiting lecturers here and I certainly can recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Tyrone
Reviewed January 8, 2009

Stayed in Pearl Court for 1 night with my boyfriend as we were at a concert in Belfast.
Only arrived at 5.30pm and had to check out for 11am so we didnt really spend that long in the room.
Was a bit dubious on entering the accommodation as from the outside and front door it looks a bit old and run down. Was quite worried about the funny smell in the front hall and the so called dining room was not the most appealing iv ever seen - didnt fancy eating my breakfast off school desks!!
When we got up to the room we were pleasantly surprised by the fresh, new look of the room. I have to admit I was quite impressed and as we really only needed a place to sleep we were happy enough.
Pearl Court was fine for 1 night at short notice but I dont think I would rush back or recommend it for any more than 1 nights stay.

Please remove the horrendous trees from each side of the front door - they are going to attck some1!!!!

• Liked — the room was nice
  • Disliked — the bathroom was a bit manky - quite a lot of mould in shower
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosieD85
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed November 24, 2008

The Pearl Court is a well-kept-up property with refreshingly contemporary, minimalist decor. However that is the Only thing they get right. Their staff are inept and irresponsible, and managers similarly fuzzy-minded and not often around.

During my stay, there were workmen hammering and drilling for several days, with furniture moved out into the middle of the hallway so you could barely pass. I missed breakfast a few times till I realized that the staff member who had let me in (after I'd waited outside in the cold wind and rain for 20 minutes) had told me that breakfast was served until 10:00 when in fact they stop serving at 9:30 AM. These are only a few of their problems. I learned during my stay that this B&B has a bad reputation in Belfast, and no wonder. Give it a Complete Miss!

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — Bad service; nonexistent management
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank sellingauthor

Travelers are raving about these Belfast hotels

louth
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Me and my friend stayed der 4 d weekend.... we wont b goin back d staff have no manners wat so ever not very helpful at all... d room wasnt d cleanest n water was runnin down d wall n mte i add it looked like pee from a toilet up stairs... 2 skimpy wee towels dat we had to make do wit 4 d whole weekend(very nice) we didnt even bother wit d breakfeast d smell was enugh 4 us... so my advice is 2 stay in a hotel......

• Liked — nutin
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank bkel2008
London
Reviewed October 23, 2008

After reading some of the previous less positive reviews I made my booking with trepidation, but I knew my stay would be extremely short (just one night with an early flight leave) + the price suited my budget £30 single room and the location was perfect.
I am happy to report how pleasantly surprised I was. The assistant who booked me in couldn't have been more helpful he checked bus times for on the net for my morning departure and booked me a cab, he also made sure some cereal etc would be available for my early start. My room was small as indicated but was spotless as were the bathrooms although no shower gel or shampoo so bring your own. It was a midweek stay so the guest house wasn't full but it was quiet and no disturbances. Room faced on to the busy Malone road but shut the window and no noise whatsoever. Thanks for a pleasent stay, wouldn't hesitate booking again next time I am in Belfast.

• Liked — Good value
  • Disliked — main road location
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business