Pearl Court Guesthouse
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$171
$394
$200
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$139
$115
Agoda.com
$137
$128
$127
$120
ibis budget
All reviewsbotanic gardensshared bathroomwalking distance to the citycontinental selectionhot waterstay there againshort walkhot breakfastthird floorstreet noisefirst morningyogurtroom was spaciousuniversitypubspounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Group of 3 between ages 21 and 30. The location and value were great. It's about a 15 minute walk from the middle of Belfast and right across from the botanical gardens. The staff was friendly and our room was large. We were a little disappointed by the breakfast - more buffet style than we were hoping for.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Family run very friendly. Very comfortable affordable accommodation. Across from the botanic gardens. About 20 min walk into the heart of Belfast.
Hotel next door has reasonable evening meals.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This guest house was a great place to stay -
- Friendly and helpful staff, gave great recommendations for places to eat in the area
- Happy for us to arrive late and go in and out as we liked
- Clean and nicely decorated
- Good sized rooms
- Good breakfast
- More character than a hotel

The guest house is in a student area and very close to anywhere you would want to go. The only reason it didn't get 5/5 was because there was no hair dryer or iron in the room, although you could request these from the office.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The first positive thing was the staff's attitude towards late arrivals: they're often not possible at guesthouses, but here they arranged for our keys to be waiting at a safe at the entrance, very convenient.
The room was very comfortable, spacious and with plenty of natural light coming in through the ample windows.
Breakfast was quite good, especially the freshly-prepared scrambled eggs and toasts. We were ready to take on the streets of Belfast for hours every morning, thanks to it!
Last, but not least, the staff might be the friendliest staff I've ever met. Mary Clare and Sharon were extremely helpful, polite and always had a big smile when dealing with us. From the very first morning, we were impacted by their friendliness.

Room Tip: I've read other reviews stating that the rooms aren't good. My comments are about the triple ensuite room, which was, IMO, a great deal for its price. If you can, take this room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I have never stayed in a B & B before so I was not entirely sure what to expect. On arrival at 4pm, clearly exhausted we were ushered to a parlour type room and offered hot drinks. I wanted to go to the room but there was some delaying going on and the kids seemed happy to be offered hot chocolate. We were informed that the B&B would be unsupervised in the evening and into the night but the staff would be back for breakfast. We were brought to our room which had a wardrobe and bed near the door meaning I had to push the bed out of the way to get suitcase in. The room itself had 3 single beds, 2 at the window and one cot-like beside the wall, the two by the window had no headboard and so the pillows fell off down the back. The windows had curtains, with no blinds. The triple room only had 2 cups and enough UHT milk for 2 cups of tea so we went to the Centra across the road and bought some. The shower had mould in the floor tray and on the shower unit itself which could do with a good clean. The breakfast was fairly substantial and they offer to make scrambled egg and toast also. Upon checkout, even though I had pre-paid for it, I was questioned how and when I paid for it and was given a re-assurance I would be telephoned to confirm to I had in fact paid. As yet I have not. The B&B was itself ok for the price but the lack of room and the fact that it was unsupervised if there were any problems put a dampener on our experience.. I don't think it was particularly good value because I paid for a room and got very little service with it. I am a bit disappointed

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family