“Simply the best!”

Ranked #6 of 49 Belfast B&B and Inns
St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This has to have been the best B and B we have ever stayed in. Donna and James are the perfect hosts and made us so welcome; our room was quiet, very clean, modern and the bed very, very comfortable. Breakfasts offered a terrific selection and the food was freshly prepared and cooked to perfection.
We will definitely be returning soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Who wouldn't want to stay at a B&B in Belfast that is decorated with warm, inviting colors and details, provides yummy, filling, delicious breakfasts and is hosted by a couple (Donna & James) who are extremely kind, helpful, generous and of loving service to their guests?
The neighborhood is also lovely and quiet and Ormeau Park, with a magnificent variety of trees and walking paths, is a short bus ride or walk away. Access to the heart of Belfast is easily available from a nearby bus stop.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We did not have any accomodations booked when we arrived in Belfast. Donna was able to book us last minute and we were so glad as the Roseligh House is a nice comfy place to stay. I liked the fact that the bus stop is so close to her place and just a short bus ride into town where all the great shopping is. The rooms are nice and private,beds comfy,clean rooms,good tv reception,delicious breakfast and a beautiful neighbourhood. I could have easily stayed here for a longer visit; perhaps next time!
Her potato and soda bread were awesome!
Donna sure gave my Mom and I a warm Irish welcome!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Meagan B
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel a lot for business and I find most hotels and especially B&B's in the UK very disappointing! I was in a hurry and had no time for research and purely selected Roseleigh House for it's location walking distance from the Immigration Office and did not expect much. The B&B is professionally run by a very friendly and helpful Donna. Very nice house, very decent sized single room, clean and tidy and the breakfast is 1st class!!

This B&B is pure class! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chivas777
Grimsby, Canada
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter and I visited Ireland in August. We toured the South and then took the train to the North to visit family in Belfast. Well, we were both treated like family at the Roseleigh House. Our stay here was very memorable; especially the"gastronomic delight" breakfast. The meals were so filling that we weren't hungry until dinner time. The cheese and tomato omelette,french toast and Ulster fry are a "must try" They are made to order.

The atmosphere in the dining room is very nice; beautifully decorated and has a welcoming ambiance. Service is very efficient in the dining room. Her husband;James served the breakfast one day and he is just as well organized as Donna.

The bedrooms are very nice and I felt like I was staying at my own home. We really liked that the bedroom had a clock radio in it.This was a very nice feature that made us on time for our trips and tours of the area. Everything was very clean and we liked the hot chocolate and cookie treat in our room each morning.

The common room was nice decorated and great place to meet and talk with other visitors.There is even a laptop for guests to use. I found this very convenient for looking up tourist attractions, booking additional trip plans and communicating with family.

Donna's knowledge of the area is remarkable! She is well informed of the tours,buses,attractions and shopping in the Belfast area. The home also has brochures of local things to do in the area which is a nice feature. The bus stop is very close to the house and has a very frequent time schedule. A walk into town can also be done if you are feeling energetic.

Donna really went out of her way to accomodate our needs during our stay at Roseleigh.

I would highly recommed this charming place to anyone looking for a place stay in Belfast.
I have already given her business card to family in Ireland, if they have people visiting needing a place to stay. I have told friends in Canada to stay at Roseleigh if they visit Ireland.
I know if I return to the Emerald Isle, I plan to return to this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Shelley B
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Gorgeous house, high standards all around, without any doubt I would thoroughly recommend.
I stayed for 14 nights during my house renovation and this stay worked out perfectly for me.
Thank-you very much.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MissBushmills
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Lovely house, lovely area. Donna went out of her way to look after us, even making us a take away breakfast to take to the airport! Comfy and clean as well - thanks so much. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business