“Better than I expected!! Food was fresh & really good.”
Review of Lost Society Belfast - CLOSED

Lost Society Belfast
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Better than I expected!! Food was fresh & really good.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I went with a group of 10 or more and wouldn't of been my first choice but after dinning here I have to say I would defiantly go back.
The food was absolutely gorgeous and everyone was off the same opinion, the service was also very good.
The only thing that let the place down was we were the only people there!!but with time I can only see this change as I'll defo be going back & recomending it too friends.

2 Thank MarkK3

Belfast
“Excellent service- a hidden gem in a student area.”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

As this was a business function, we had pick of a select menu only, but I am told the dishes do appear on the regular evening menu also. Butternut squash and chorizo risotto to start (slightly too large a portion for a starter, very rich, oozing with melted parmesan), vegetarian cassoulet (very odd flavour, quite sparse- I was pleased at this stage that I had such a filling starter!) and what was supposed to be custard and chocolate tart for desert, I was then informed that this would be something more of a chocolate mousse. In reality, it was a chocolate brulee- and I can confirm that carmelised chocolate tastes even more bitter than 80% dark chocolate! However, the apple crumble that my colleague had ordered (served with clotted cream and ice cream) seemed perfect. Excellent non-alcoholic and alcoholic cocktails, beautifully modern decor (even in the ladies- Marilyn Monroe wallpaper!) and attentive service. Some music in the downstairs bar as the night goes on, so a one-stop shop for an evening out. Ample free late-night parking in the Botanic area, and despite this being a student haunt, the restaurant is entirely detached from that image.

• Visited August 2011
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lost Cause”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Myself and family had the worst dining experience ever last night in Lost Society. We were a group of 3 couples who were out for what we hoped would have been a relaxing evening.
The food was poor - potatoes weren't cooked - still hard, all accompaniments were cold and a shellfish stew had no shellfish.
When we were asked did we enjoy our meal we gave honest feedback telling the waitress what we were happy and unhappy with.
Service was slow, but the main problem was the manager. How he was employed in this role I will never know- totally unsuited to his position. His attitude was unbelievable - very dismissive and aggressive. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy for a Saturday night and I can see why. Avoid at all costs.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank clayoh
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Bad!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Just had dinner in this restaurant. Really bad, undercooked sausages, a filthy glass, something floating in the vinegar container. Very unhelpful and argumentative head waiter. Won't be back!

1 Thank belfastbri
“Huge Disappointment”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Been several times with husband,always excellent but the one time I suggested to our friends it was a big let down. Insufficient staff to cope with full restaurant. Duck under cooked, returned twice.Service very poor and management fault as staff were lovely but over worked! We had booked for 7.30 and leaving at 10.15.

• Visited August 2011