“Forget the deals on Groupon etc”
Review of The King's Head

The King's Head
Ranked #443 of 1,155 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love the King's Head, let me first point that out. The atmosphere is always good, the staff always friendly and the food always good. My partner and I return regularly. We went again last night with this deal, and the only reason we bought it is just incase the '2 for £10' wasn't on with the WPFG being in town. You really do not save that much. We got steaks for mains, which was an extra £5 each, but with the deal you were allowed mains up to £13.95. The sirloin is £16.50 so actually we paid an extra £5 each for something that was only £2.50 each extra on the menu. The rib eye steak was £1.50 more than the allowed £13.95 on the deal. So next time we will avoid the deal. I asked the manager about it and got nowhere. It has shaded my so far stellar view of the establishment a little. The steaks were great, the cod and spring onion cake for starter was a bit bland, the desserts are always nice as are the wines and cocktails.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Visited The King's Head with a Groupon voucher... great deal which included 2 courses and a glass of wine or beer. The wine was actually really nice and a generous serving. to start I had the bang bang chicken (served cold) which was really rich and delicious. My partner had the ribs, which he loved. He went on to enjoy the beef burger with skinny fries and I had the pan -roasted duck. I was able to susbtitute the mash with chips. The only criticism I would have is that the duck was a little over cooked - I wasn't asked for a temperature but would have preferred it a little pink. I think this is a great restaurant with a nice atmosphere, great food, and excellent value. Staff are very accommodating and friendly. I'll certainly be returning for their '2 courses for £10' deal!

1  Thank Elle_M7
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It was okay ... not great and wouldn't be in a big hurry back ... but wouldn't want to criticize the place too much ... a bit tired and weary ... but okay. It wouldn't be my first choice for a place to relax though I did only have a light meal so hardly fair to judge on that ... maybe some day I'll go for a proper meal ... until then ... not a great impression as a first impression!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Used a Groupon for a two course meal and it was just ok, to be honest I was dissapointed, not by the sevice or the place itself I just thought the food didnt come with a lot of love put into it. Ribs were bland only saved by the dollop of barbeque sauce on them not marinated or anytning! the duck main was agin the csame bland and smothered in red beetroot , cloaking the offering me thinks!!! And I laughed as teh chef must ahve been in a hurry as he was out the door in a running dash and to be honest I felt like doing that too. But the people watching in th ebar later more than made up for a boring meal, We laughed all night at the impromptue disco and rent a crown that flooded in around 10pm. good fun I must say, pity the food wasn't jazzed up as ch...Sorry should day that the girls serving were lovely and worked very hard on theiri own...I got on with it as the deal was good value but would not have wanted to have paid full price.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Last week was the first time I had been in the King's Head for a while and I have to say it didn't disappoint at all. There was a group of 6 of us went for lunch and we sat outside as the weather was lovely! It's very nice to just sit out and there's plenty of space in the sunshine. The staff were very friendly and the lunch menu was very reasonable with a great selection. It's always nice to see a few different options on the menu - even if we did all opt for basics!! All the food was very tasty and the service was very good. The King's Head has always been a favourite of mine when in Belfast and I would recommend it. It's also great just for drinks and they sometimes have some good gigs on too.