“Average meal out, far better in Belfast!”
Review of The Causerie

The Causerie
Ranked #328 of 1,147 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a Friday night upstairs as they were decorating the restaurant downstairs. The food was nice and the service average...we had to wait for ages to get someone's attention for the bill. The surroundings are nice however a lot of the tables were left uncleared which made the place look quite unappealing. We were overcharged but told they couldn't sort it out so had to go to the hotel reception for a refund which I thought was quite strange. Nice enough meal but definitely wouldn't be rushing back.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a pre theatre meal here with my wife,what a lovely surprise.
Greeted and seated within minutes,lovely waitress very attentive as we were going to the Theatre we decided to opt for a main followed by a sweet,great choice,a 7" burger which you had to climb over great choice.
As we're the Lamb Cutlets which my wife ordered beautifully cooked and presented.
The sweet was lovely well presented and very yummy.
Great spot for an evening meal well served by very attentive staff
Cultra Inn take note!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I recently was treated to a three course dinner at the Causerie restaurant in Belfast's iconic hotel, The Europa. Service was friendly, although a little forgetful, which was surprising even though the restaurant was not busy. Started with chicken liver pâté and pear chutney which worked well together. Steak was perfectly cooked and a choice of sauces available for main. Dessert was not the most amazing but visually was stunning. I had the slider on pear and blueberry sponge. Next time I would go for the stand alone sponge dessert as the sponge was fabulous with the gorgeous vanilla ice cream.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We took our family here after Graduation and the menu was set. Choices were good within the menu and kids could have 2 or 3 courses at a reasonable price. This was part of the attraction as we had children in the party of 12,7 and 3 years old. The 12 year old chose to eat off the kids menu and seemed to have more than enough to eat. For adults, a glass of sparkling wine to start with was included. The food was good but not a wide choice. I think the disorganisation in the kitchen let them down. Steaks were not done to specification and there was an inordinate delay with dessert. Pricing was maybe a little on the high side, but it was a special occasion. The venue is good and location convenient but attention to detail would improve their reviews and customer satisfaction.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Visit the Europa's restaurant on valentines evening with my partner! Didn't see anything particularly mouth watering on the a'la carte menu so we went for the table d'hout valentine menu. The menu was nice on paper, I think I would have rather ate a refill pad! Just terrible!
Signature Hastings soup was well received and delicious, bad when a soup is a highlight of the meal! Next came our steaks/ tyres! Never have I seen a med/rare steak appear thoroughly grey! Thankfully I purchased the Blanc wine, which I would genuinely recommend, which numbed the taste buds! We were both tired after a day of travel so we did not cause a fuss, although to cause a fuss staff would have actually had to come near us!
Dessert was so so, by this stage I wanted out of there! Lovely surroundings, poor food and service to say the least!