“Great Lunch and Great Value”

Bengal Brasserie Lisburn Road
Ranked #197 of 1,327 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Bengal Brasserie on the Lisburn Road, Belfast is the largest Indian restaurant in Ireland. The restaurant is beautifully designed, with outstanding lighting, a feature ice bar and Indian tea houses for private functions. The Bengal on the Lisburn Road is ideal for parties, graduation ceremonies or just catching up with friends.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Popped in here for their lunchtime special of two courses fro £7.95 which was great value. The food was excellent. It was not busy so the large dining are was a bit cavernous. Staff were friendly and helpful. Well worth a visit at lunchtime.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (227)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sis and I popped in briefly and had a vegetable biryani and instead of a usual biryani sauce which usually consists of potatoes, peas, carrots, cauliflower and such, we are served a very small bowl of red suace with onions. What! We had to order another bowl and at £4.50 extra. I mentioned about the sauce when paying and the guy behind the coubter insisted it was a proper biryani suace. Sorry but I lived in London for over 40yrs and have eaten hundreds of biryas so they have got that seriously wrong and it didnt taste that good. Very disappointing!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

This is my favourite Indian in Belfast. We sit in sometimes and the service is always excellent but normally we just get takeaway. The jalfrezi and the madras are top notch and I particularly love the chicken pakoras to start.

The staff are also super friendly, even when we’re just waiting on our takeaway they nearly always chat away.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

I have been to Bengal Brasserie on many occasions. It has great food personally I have never had a starter or dessert, I have just had the popadom that they give you to start, but my favourite main course is chicken korma. I have never had anything other than that and naan bread, but my family have had other dishes like chicken tikka masala and have said it’s a really good dish. So I would definitely recommend it if you are ever near bye.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Went with a group of friends one Saturday night. Extensive menu, reasonable price. Very helpful and well informed staff. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty.

Date of visit: August 2019