“Great customer service”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Visited this establishment on Sunday morning after a 'heavy' night with some friends. We were hoping for a large fry and some good service as we were quite 'under the weather' from the exploits the previous night. The fry took a long time to arrive - circa 30 minutes, HOWEVER, I would normally complain with gusto about this, but the kind lady explained that they had run out of sausages and had to go and get a new batch...and that we would not have to pay for the breakfast due to the length of time we had to wait. This was surprising, very generous and acceptable as we were not impressed by the length of time we had to wait... Her solution was generous enough for me.

Aart from this, the décor is great, the ambience is nice, the staff are friendly and the location is good.

Well done guys, I thank you for your generosity - it was surprising and refreshing.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night.This wasn't our first visit but have to say was the best yet.Was with my husband and we arrived on time and were shown straight to our table by the window.There was a real buzz about the place.Service was prompt and efficient.For starter we shared the squid which was more than enough for the two of us.I had steak for main which was perfectly cooked and served with sidesso no need to order extra.My husband chose the pork belly which was delicious and again no need for any further sides.We had a bottle of wine and a couple of beers.The only negative comment I could make is the lack of draught lager as my husband likes a pint and he ended up ordering bottles.Neither of us had room for dessert but I'm sure they would have been delicious.The bill was less than £60 which was fantastic value.With some restaurants closing their doors in this brilliant area I would love people to come out and support the wonderful restaurants that we are so lucky to have.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Visited this restaurant this evening with my kids, 16 and 20. Had been to the one near City Hall but decided to try this one as it's in the Cathedral Quarter and easily reached. Arrived without booking and luckily we got a table straight away but had to be finished by 8 which wasn't a problem. I chose the Seabass special, my daughter had battered fish and son had steakburger. All meals were excellent, beautifully presented and service was quick, helpful and friendly. Very relaxed atmosphere and judging by crowd in early evening, they are doing more than OK. Very impressed with quality of food, presentation and surroundings and would go back again no problem, I see they even have a deal of 2 courses for £13 between 4 and 6 which is great value.

1  Thank travelled-annie
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

7 of us had a pre-theatre meal. Great menu, lovely food, with something to suit everyone's taste. Service friendly and prompt.
Can't wait to return.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ate at Made In Belfast following a recommendation. Nine of us seated at a table against one of the walls, one side chairs the other an uncomfortably high bench which had those seated on this side looking down on the other side of the table and a little too far away from our food to be completely comfortable. You did need to lean in to eat or risk spillage, soup is a definite no-no unless you use a straw!!

The atmosphere was superb, very busy with a good mixture of diners, hen parties, birthday parties, couples etc. Service was very attentive whilst unobtrusive. Food was excellent, served hot and well cooked with quirky little touches like chips served in a tin cup. Out of the starters the ribs were superb but a sizeable portion which might have you struggling to finish with the mains still to come. The belly pork was delicious,full of flavours and beautifully cooked, thoroughly recommended.

On the negative side 5 steaks were ordered, 2 were brought out then taken away then brought out again. Unfortunately the waiter didn't seem to be able to differentiate between rare, medium rare and well done and we needed to swap plates to make sure everyone got what the ordered.....just as well we're all family!!Also having initially said they had certain beers I was then told they hadn't and had to reorder, might be a good idea to check beforehand!! Finally when checking the bill a service charge had already been added of £31 but worse still the steaks had jumped from £20 to £22 each!!! We raised this and the bill was amended but you do wonder how many diners would notice this and whether it's a regular thing?

I wouldn't be put off by the negatives, we all had a good time and had no complaints about the food. Just be aware of the service charge automatically being included (although you don't have to pay it) and check the bill carefully, not just for items but for pricing!