“Great lunch”
Review of the Potted Hen - CLOSED

the Potted Hen
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my 5th meal in the potted hen. I have never had a complaint. I aye off the Sunday special menu today, very pleased with price and choice. I will be back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first time in belfasts gem of a cathedral quarter. The buzz around this part of town is great. The potted hen is in a beautiful square, we had a lovely premeal drink sitting outside drinking in the atmosphere. The staff are exceptionally friendly, our server was very efficient, friendly and looked after us, I dont know her name but she was from drogheda.. very kind.
the food....each course is a work of art and so full of flavour. Monkfish to die for..
cannot fault this lovely restaurant..will be back

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Always found it just below average for area and although we were overcharged accidentally (I hope) the service was good and friendly and the food palatable.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

A party of four we choose from the early bird menu . Whereas the food was well presented and the service friendly and efficient the portions were controlled and just about ample . Not a place I would go if I was Hungary. We each had two drinks and the bill came to £130 approx

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Secured a table in this busy restaurant on our first night in Belfast. Staff friendly and helpful.
Food was very good - nicely seasoned, subtly spiced and very good quality ingredients.
We enjoyed it so much we took all of our family and some friends out to it the second night we stayed in Belfast. We tried most things on the menu - nobody disappointed.
Highlights - pan-fried sea bass - excellent. My eldest son described his rib-eye steak as the best he had had in a long time.