“Loved it ”

Wagamama
Ranked #207 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Limavady, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The waitress with the sore hand was excellent expend the dishes and recommend what to start with and main course. All cooked fresh and very tasty. So if shopping in Victoria square stop in for a great lunch.

Taunton, England
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Popped in here to refuel for xmas shopping. I am glad I did staff were great didn't make me feel daft as didn't know the routine or what dishes were. Waitress Maeve ( sorry if spelt wrong) was great didn't rush me and took time to explain routine. A credit to the restaurant. My whole visit I did not feel rushed even though id finished my food paid my bill and only had a little left in my glass. Great customer service.

Navan, Ireland
“Good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner as a couple here on Saturday night. Food was average, felt that there was a poor selection of alcohol drinks. Appeared to be all benched seating, been in other wagamamas, where we have been offered a table for two which I would prefer. Wouldn't return, feel there are better food options in Victoria Square

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good if you like Japanese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I visited Wagamama today with some work colleagues. I nearly didn't go, because I had checked the website and read that it served "Japanese-inspired" food, and I'm not keen on Japanese food. However, I decided to give it a go, because the menu choices online looked fairly reasonable for me.

When we arrived, we decided to choose off the lunch menu, which was £8.95, and includes drink from a choice of four. To be honest, there wasn't a great choice of food options either, and not being familiar with Japanese food, I didn't really have a clue what to get. Some of the options seemed to be served in a soup, which I didn't fancy. I ordered nikujaga, which was described as beef brisket with a vegetables stewed in sake etc and served with white rice.

We also ordered some dumplings between us. I tried one, and thought it was just ok - I really couldn't understand why other people were raving about them. In fact, someone ordered another portion of them - not cheap at £5.95 for 5 dumplings.

Our food started to come out in dribs and drabs - we had been advised of this when we ordered. The explanation given was that all food is cooked to order, and would therefore arrive at different times. Now, I don't think I'm being funny about this, but when I go to a restaurant, I expect everyone at the same table to be served at the same time, whether the food is all cooked to order or not.

As the food started to come out, other people's looked a little greasy and stodgy, but everyone seemed to be raving about how amazing it was. Eventually, mine arrived - it was basically a load of beef and vegetables in a bowl with a lot of liquid (aka a soup), with rice served in a separate bowl. I really didn't know how to tackle it, so I put some of the rice in with the "soup". That didn't really work well. I just had to start fishing out the meat and vegetables to eat them. Anyway, remember I said that I wasn't sure of Japanese food - if Wagamama is anything to go by, I still don't like it. I left most of mine.

As the plates were being cleared, the waiter asked each person if they enjoyed their meal. I couldn't lie - I told him I didn't like it. The waiter suggested that I should have told someone, and they would have served something else. I was a bit annoyed about this, and explained that my meal had come out last, and I wouldn't really have wanted to wait any longer - to which he said it wouldn't have taken very long - but why I couldn't have eaten at the same time as everyone else in the first place I don't know. However, the waiter duly offered to take my food order off the bill.

We ordered coffee and tea to finish - the coffee was quite bitter.

If you like Japanese food, this is probably a good place to go - the portions were very big (can't understand how other reviewers thought they were small), and the service was good (as long as you don't mint eating at a separate time from your friends), as my fellow diners seemed to love it. However, I won't be back as it's just not to my taste.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank samanthani
Barcelona, Spain
“Love wagamama”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very good situation in victoria square shopping centre, it is a fresh air of oriental food in Belfast . A bit pricey for what really is

• Visited October 2013