“Not good, very disappointing experience!”
Review of The Chubby Cherub

The Chubby Cherub
Ranked #19 of 1,113 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I persuaded my friends to try the Chubby Cherrub, and I assured them that it would definitely be good, considering the great trip advisor reviews. Well....how wrong was I! And what a mistake, considering there are so many fabulous restaurants in Belfast..........embarrassing for me. I had just wanted to try somewhere different.

The reviews are not at all accurate....the food was not good and the service was terrible! and if this is supposed to be the best Italian in Belfast.......................well I really don't believe it!!!!

There were four of us looking forward to a great evening out.

When we initially arrived I thought ....fantastic....what a little gem of a place, nicely decorated and lit with a warm and cosy atmosphere. It definitely had an Italian feel to it. It is a tiny little place with only around 7 or 8 tables. So I was hoping it was going to be be a great experience.

The two male waiters were not particularly welcoming but we were out to have a fun night with friends so it didn't bother us.

We ordered crostinis and mushrooms to start which were not bad and I ordered the risotto and the others ordered pizzas and crab lingiuni. It took a long time coming but again we were not in a rush and it didn't matter too much. But it was just so disappointing when it came. The crab was not fresh and the whole dish was overly salted and strong.....it just was not good. The others had pizzas which they agreed were not great. The chicken pizza had diced chicken which didnt resemble chicken at all and overall the pizzas were very disappointing. The linguini had the same crab which smelled and tasted off but it was well disguised with lots of extra salt. We couldn't eat it and never once did the waiter ask or even come over to see how we were. When we asked for another bottle of wine, he just placed it on the table without even opening the screwtop. The two waiters could not have cared less!! It was very poor service and a very disappointing meal.

Will not be back.

1  Thank mulhollands

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Excellent food, really nice atmosphere and decoration. We had enough to eat, the dishes and dessert were really good. One of the best italian restaurant I have ever been to. You have to try it!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Quite a small place , not really intimate because tables are quite close . Food was delicious but portions are small so I would recommend getting a starter .

2  Thank Matilda123
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

have been here a couple of times already for lunch and dinner and it never disappoints! the food is first class along with service. had the lasagne for lunch one day and it was delightful! cant wait to go back

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Had a lovely meal a few weeks ago prior to taking in a show at the opera house. Food was as good as any Italian we have been in, desert of tirimisu was the best I have ever had. Could have happily stayed there all nite as the place is so cute. Only downside was the house wine although very tasty was a little on the small side for the price. Will be back next time we are in Belfast for an evening. Belfast is a great spot now for a night out. Well done to all at this restaurant, doing a great job.