1,715 results
All reviews hi express secure parking the sofa bed queens quarter car park botanic avenue free breakfast university area minute walk ulster museum good size would stay here again budget hotel botanical gardens hotel is situated bars and restaurants cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 3, 2017

Lovely room. Plenty of space. Very good shower. The bed was very comfortable. Good choice of food for breakfast. Will definitely stay there again. The staff are friendly & helpful. I was very impressed with the hotel. It is in quite a handy location for most amenities.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mary F
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2017

Hello Mary F,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am delighted that you had a good stay and you were impressed by the hotel and the service your received. It's great that you found there was a good choice for breakfast and your bed was comfortable. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel, in a good location and pleasant, friendly staff. Arrived on Monday after a day trip to Dublin and booked into our twin room which was decent enough. I loved the shower (was big for the hotel) and the breakfast was really nice. I would rate this slightly better then the holiday inn towards the centre but that's personal preference. As I was mostly drinking in Belfast I didn't take pictures, but we had a fun and enjoyable time. Nice birthday few days for me.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank andym528
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Hello Andy M,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stat with us; I am so pleased that you had a nice stay and our location suited your needs. It's great that you loved the shower and you had a fun and enjoyable time. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

We missed the ferry and was late by a day, the staff were so helpful calling another hotel up the road to accommodate the family for an extra night, as the room we had was booked for the next night. The place was lovely and will definitely stay there again

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank wildeangela

Hello wildeangela,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your review regarding your recent stay with us; I am so pleased that the staff were helpful and able to assist in accommodating you somewhere else and you had a lovely stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Took us ages to find it... it's in a built up area in student quarters. The hotel itself is lovely, step outside the door and turn left.... awful! Probably best to avoid going that way! However, going right you eventually come to the local amenities, pubs, shops, restaurants etc.
The room was nice and clean, we didn't have a very good view but then we didn't stay to look out the window so it didn't really matter. The shower was amazing and the breakfast was the best we have ever had in a holiday inn. Bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, mushrooms, potato bread and beans were all available on the hot section. There were also plenty of cereals, pastries, fruit, yoghurt etc.
No noise from outside at all. We would definitely consider staying here again next time we are in Belfast.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla B

Hello Carla B,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast, we know how important a good start to the day is. I can assure you that the area around the hotel is quite safe, out to the left of the hotel is the Ormeau Road and as you said Botanic Avenue is out to the right, both are bus and lively places with plenty to see and do. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival at the Holiday Inn express we were welcomed with many smiling faces from the reception staff. They were very helpful & polite, the hotel is in the university area of Belfast. We were told to make sure we turned left whenever we left the hotel as they could not guarantee our safety if we turned right . The room was a twin room which was nice enough but I did actually request a double bed. The shower was a bit small but was clean enough, the towels were a nice size. The breakfast buffet was great value with a extensive selection of fruit, cereals, breads, cakes, full English, drinks etc. When I go back I won't stay here just purely because of the location, it's not a bad hotel but I would of preferred to of been in the city centre.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gary S

Hello Gary S,

Thank you for taking some time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay with us; I am pleased that the staff were helpful and professional and you enjoyed our variety of items served at breakfast. I can assure you that you are quite safe in all the surrounding area of the hotel; it is a busy university area with lots of students, the busy Ormeau Road is out to the left of the hotel and Botanic Avenue is out to the right and this has plenty to see and do. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.