“Central location-key tourist sites only a quick taxi ride away”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Central location-key tourist sites only a quick taxi ride away”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed 2 nights with 2 adults and 3 kids (in two rooms). Great location near University. Many good restaurants, markets, and shops within walking distance. Breakfast was hot and fresh. Plenty of options to please adults and kids. Did not have car, so central location was really helpful. Taxi to Titanic area only cost about 5 euros. Taxi to Bus Station cost about 5 euros.

Room Tip: We faced back of hotel, which was quiet and offer view of car park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fummer1
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking some time to leave you review about your stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express Belfast. Your feedback is extremely important to us and we do take note of all reviews left.

Thanks for your great review, I am delighted to hear that you found all the great tourist attractions easily accessible and the area suited all your needs. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, we love it that we can provide both continental and full cooked breakfast all free of charge! We hope to welcome you back again in the future for some more sightseeing!

Grace Pullen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a night. £60 for double room Including breakfast.

I arrived about 2130hrs from the airport, I was pleasantly surprised with the secure free off street parking to the rear. The staff were fantastic, the dark haired girl with dark glasses on at night made everything perfect, we needed an iron, this was provided without the bat of an eyelid and we were sorted. The same member of staff served us served us at the bar, cracking beer in relaxing surroundings.

The rooms were very clean and modern, all facilities we needed for a comfortable nights stay.

When I went to bed I was unfortunately very disappointed. So soft and utterly uncomfortable. The pillows were rock hard too, sadly I hardly slept.

The breakfast choice and quality in the morning was excellent.

All in all, I was very pleased with the hotel, shame about the fundamental issue of the bed though. I am returning in August, I might consider returning to this hotel if the beds were different, then it really would be perfect.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your great review in regards to our staff, I have passed on your comments to Kate and she is delighted that she made your stay enjoyable and comfortable. I am pleased to hear that you took advantage of our facilities, such as free parking and found us good value.

I do apologise that you had an uncomfortable night sleep, the owners are aware of the issues regarding the beds and they are in the process of replacing the beds so hopefully you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide a great night's sleep!

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here a few weeks ago with my friends as we were travelling around Ireland. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, I have no complaints! The staff was also very friendly and great at helping with directions. I definitely recommend this hotel! The breakfast was also great. For a continental breakfast it had lots of options ( I can't eat gluten so I extra appreciated this) and was really quite good! The location is in a quiet area but easy to get to most places. Great stay, thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay! I am glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and also that the staff were friendly and helpful. I am delighted to hear that you took advantage of our free cooked breakfast and enjoyed it, it really is a great way to start the day!

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Salford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Firstly, I'd like to say that the staff at this hotel were excellent and tried their best to sort out a comfortable bed for us.

The room itself was spacious, clean and smelled fresh. OK the view of the back of a terrace of houses and barbed wire wasn't great but we just needed somewhere safe to park the car and warm to sleep and on the face of it, the hotel was just fine.

The food was great, bar well stocked, breakfast very good indeed. Even on St Patrick's night we weren't disturbed by noise from other guests.

The significant and very disappointing issue, and the reason we have given only an 'average' review was that our bed had a cheap, nasty mattress with a zero comfort score. If I moved, the whole mattress moved - it was like trying to balance on a bouncy castle or a particularly wobbly jelly. There was no way the two of us were going to get a comfortable night's sleep on it.

So the staff took us to various empty rooms, but in every case the mattress was just the same. There was no option but to get extra bedding and try the sofa bed.

This wasn't any better - possibly even (if that were possible) worse...... so he had the sofa bed and I had the jelly-bed. So much for a romantic night away!

We didn't sleep well at all, despite having worked 23 hours the day before (yes really!) and being completely exhausted. I left the hotel the following morning more tired than I had been when we arrived.

Would we go back? No. But not because of the staff, location or anything else other than the dreadful bed. Holiday Inn really need to look at their procurement and ask why these mattresses are so different from the ones in their other hotels.

A really big let down - and not what we expect from Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the staff here, I am pleased to hear that they tried their best to resolve the issue for you. I do apologise for your uncomfortable nights sleep, we are aware of the issue regarding the mattresses and the owners are in the process of replacing all the mattresses and bed bases. I know that unfortunately this does not help at the moment, but hopefully you will give us another chance in the future to provide a great night sleep.

Thank you again for your review, we do appreciate all feedback so we can improve on any issues.

Banbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for my hen night and I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival. We were around 2 hours early as we had lots of activities planned and just thought we would ask if early check in was available. We were asked to wait one moment but almost immediately were told yes our room was available and we were checked in. We explained to the receptionist that we had some girls at the hen party who wouldn't be staying but would need a place to change and would it be possible for them to use our rooms. We were told that it wouldn't be a problem.
We took the lift to the 2nd floor and found our room, it was very easy to locate. When other members of our party arrived later that day we weren't all in rooms beside one another but this was no big problem.
Upon entering our room I was again pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, everything looked fresh, almost new, and well for a budget hotel, this puts some grander hotels to shame. There was everything you would expect in the room, tea/coffee facilities, clean towels, bathroom products etc.
The residents bar is open until 3, and there is a nice atmosphere, relaxed even.
I cannot complain about noise from the street or in the hotel, there really was none, the hotel has a strict no noise policy. Everyone had an excellent nights sleep.
Breakfast the next morning was fantastic. There was a great range of hot fry items and cold foods, cereals, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, teas, coffees and juices. Beware the toaster! It has a sign asking guests not to put croissants into the toaster as they get stuck, the smoke that comes from it and the flames are no joke, but the expression on the lady's face who had put the croissant in was priceless, certainly gave us all a giggle, luckily it was easily resolved, but not without some blushes.
I cannot record this hotel highly enough for sewing in if you are visiting Belfast and aren't concerned about the frills and fancy. It may be basic, probably not suitable for a romantic getaway, but everything is excellent quality and if I ever had a reason to stay in Belfast again, this would be my first stop.

Room Tip: I would say all rooms would be fairly similar so I don't think this applies.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank emelouz
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great time. I am pleased to hear that our reception team were able to get you checked in with no hassle and the room was up to standard, our housekeeping team work really hard to ensure all rooms are spotless! I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast, we love it that we can offer such a wide selection for breakfast, we know that a delicious breakfast is the best way to start the day!

We hope to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed in the HI Express Belfast for one night as we were seeing a show at the Odyssey Arena. When visiting Belfast we usually stay in the HI. However due to reward nights selling out we were forced to book the express.

While there is nothing wrong with this hotel (Clean, comfy ect) i don't believe its worth 25000; the same as the holiday inn. However, if you can get this at a good £ rate its perfect! It took us around 30 minutes to walk to the arena, which is further than the City Centre.

Unfortunately, we were disturbed by some very rude guests at 4am. Except this, the hotel provided a good nights sleep with no other noise disturbance. The ample amount of parking is also a major benefit as cheap and available parking in Belfast City is scarce.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to apologise on behalf of the noisy guests, we do implement a strict no noise policy after 11pm so I can only apologise for this. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us a good base for your trip. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our free car parking, it's definitely handy! We do have some great rates and you can pick up a bargain so we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Strabane, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Just back from 2 night stay. Staff very friendly & helpful. Rooms basic but clean & spacious. Maybe bit more storage would be good idea. Bathroom clean & spacious with a good shower. Breakfast lovely with plenty of choice. Good value for money! Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014
Grace P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear about your excellent stay with us and that you found our staff friendly and helpful, I will pass on your comments. I am also happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and spacious, and that you enjoyed your free cooked breakfast. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back again in the near future.