Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed June 30, 2013

really nice hotel and staff and free car parking as most hotels u have to park on the street or the nearest pay parking breakfast basic but nice nice italian villa italia at end off street and many bars to ur right

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yeboah1979
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted that we catered for all your needs. Our free car park, breakfast & wifi ensures that the Holiday Inn Express Belfast offers value for money.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Decent looking hotel, with decent sized rooms and nice lobby area. Although you can walk to the nicer areas easy enough, the street where the hotel is located is a little shaky. Good rate, but for a bit more the Holiday Inn Belfast is better option in a great area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am happy you found the hotel to be decent. The Holiday Inn Express Belfast offers great value for money with free car park, free breakfast & free wifi located in the Queens Quarter of Belfast & is ideally situated on the outskirts of the city centre.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

just returned from an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Belfast, and I am amazed by the negative reviews it got.
First impressions, clean tidy modern reception/ bar with very welcoming staff.
Easy check in, with room immaculate with no complaints. Again modern with tv, tea/coffee facilities.
Beds were superb and very comfortable.
For the price it was first class. Have stayed in more expensive hotels whichwere not a patch on this.
Breakfast was also good, with a fair selection hot and cold.
Not in an upmarket area of belfast, but within easy walking distance of plenty restaurants, bars and shops.

Room Tip: standard twin room was good
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your first class review on your recent stay with the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I would not give it 3 stars. It is a 2 star hotel.
Of course, once you pay £63 p/r, should not expect much but anyway.
The area isn`t as bad as described in some reviews and the hotel is located only few minutes walk away from the city centre and the street is quiet enough to have a good sleep. That was for the positive side.
As for the rest.. well, firstly we got a disabled room and I don`t know why as the hotel did not look very occupied.
I have to say the staff were nice and polite (apart from the miserable housekeeper I came across when I was leaving my room, no smile or greeting). The view out of the window was a balcony with some old sandal and a few empty cigarette packs. The housekeeper has never ever had a look at the walls as they all were covered in all sorts from the shoe print just on the entrance in the room to some liquid marks by the radiator. Also some signs of mould on the bathroom tiles. Apart from that the room was clean. Breakfast was average. So, you can draw your own conclusions but next time I will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jana S,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I spent two weekend nights with my wife in this hotel and, though the general area was a bit run down, found it to be a very positive experience,only fifteen minute walk to city center and five minutes to Botanic rail station. The room was very clean and tastefully decorated and despite it being at weekend it was very quiet at night. Breakfast was good and plentiful. We found all staff to be very friendly and could not be more helpful. The only downside was the evening meal which was not the best value. however, there are plenty restaurants of various types around the corner on Botanic Avenue. I would recommend this hotel for a short break in Belfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room to the back, away from elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your short break with the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I will pass your great feedback to the team who I know will be delighted.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Changed from 1st room as the room stunk of cigarettes so badly that housekeeping had been airing the room all day to little effect.
The next room was fine; nothing more / less

However, the real let down was the "included" breakfast. The coffee was so bad (old skool instant) that I walked to the main road in order to get a Starbucks, the juice was really sweet and vile, while the actual hot buffet was largely inedible, save for the bacon.

For the money, the location was poor (off the main drag without any benefits) and the place was not becoming of a global brand in a capital city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with the Holday Inn Express Belfast. I am sorry to hear that you were not totally happy with your stay. The hotel is located in the Queens Quarter of Belfast on the outskirts of the city centre. There are lots of restuarants, cafes & bars just a short walk away in the Golden mile. I apologise that the your first room smelt of cigarrette smoke. We have a strict non smoking policy in place in the hotel which we work hard on to enforce. I am also sorry to hear you were not happy withe our free breakfast I will speak to the kitchen team in relation to your points raised to see where we can improve.
I hope you will consider us again if your travels ever bring you back to Belfast.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here two consecutive weeks. First with a colleague, second was on my own. First week my things had been moved in my room, towels I had left on the floor to be replaced were picked back up to be used again. I purposely put it on the floor as it had brown stains on it.

Second week I woke up first morning with bites on my leg. I'm always open minded on these things. It could have been the warm weather but the first week impression lasted. I work a lot in Belfast at the moment and I will do all I can to avoid this hotel. I'm writing this as a platinum ambassador and I'd rather miss out on points than stay here. Awful neighbourhood too.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay with us. I am sorry you didnt like the location and neighbourhood of the Holiday Inn Express Belfast Queens Quarter. We have an environmental policy in place where we only launder towels which are placed on the floor so I will endeavour to speak to the housekeeping team in regards to this. There has been no reports from other guests or the housekeeping team in relation to bites but thanks for informing me.
I hope you will consider us for accommodation again in the future.