“Clean and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very clean, very comfortable. Breakfast was basic and enjoyable - bacon, sausage, croissants, toast, yogurt, tea and coffee, cereal, and fruit. There was a small laundry rack in the room for hanging wet clothes (great for my 2-week stay) and a very clean shower. The only - and very, very small- downside to the room was that there was no bars of soap or showercap in the bathroom, just a dispenser of a single soap that was labeled shampoo/shower gel, which I didn't use.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TSolomon311

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff are remarkable, the breakfast buffet is delicious, and the rooms were just right! It was literally right around the corner from both Queens University (where our son was studying abroad) and City Centre, where all the action was. We would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Queens Quarter!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Long weekend stay in Belfast. Great time and lots to see. Hotel is located some ten minutes walk from city centre. Modern and clean. Staff helpful and pleasant. Breakfast included with a choice of full English or Continental. Double room spotlessly clean and a nice bathroom (shower).
Disapointed the room had no wardrobe just a hanging rail and no draws or other storage! Double bed sagged in middle so sleeping was like laying on a hill! Shame really as a good nights sleep is a pre requesite. Overall 6/10 Replace beds and a 8/10 achievable.

• Stayed: May 2013
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I appreciate all feedback and I am glad you had a great time while in Belfast. Thank you for your lovely comments about the staff and the hotel I will share this review with them. I will also pass your comments on regarding the bed. Whenever we are made aware of any issues we aim to resolve them as soon as possible.
I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter is an excellent place for families. Unlike other hotels which only allow up to 2 guests, this hotel provided a sofa-bed to accommodate our 14-year old daughter. And it was nice that breakfast and wi-fi were included. The hotel is conveniently-located near the city center and provides a free phone to call for a VALUECABS taxi directly. The hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful with information on Belfast. Our flight arrived in Belfast early Saturday morning and even though it was too early for check-in, the staff accommodated our request as we were rather sleepy having awakened very early that morning. I believe this is excellent customer service. I especially found the ice machine useful since I always like to take along a water bottle. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shortbread0504

Thank you for leaving your excellent review on your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I am pleased to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay and that you recieved value for money especially when children can stay & eat free.
I am happy the staff were able to accommodate your early check in & I will pass your lovely comments on to them about their excellent customer care. They work very hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their time with us.
I hope to welcome you back if your travels ever take you back to Belfast.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had a great time in Belfast. The hotel was great clean and basic. The staff were fantastic. I lost my wallet and they did everything they could to assist me and it was found. The were lovely to the children and responded to all our requests in a kind and efficient manner. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your great review. I am really pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I am glad that you found your wallet and that the staff helped with this. I will share your review with them to let them know of your appreciation which I know they will be delighted about. You should definitely avail of our Kids Eat Free offer in our restaurant on your next visit.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is the third stay at this hotel. Its in the middle of the city, has free and available parking and does the job perfectly.

Check in was very quick, polite and without incident. Room was clean and comfortable. Free wi-fi is a bonus. This seems to be catching quite quickly in hotels. I think this is now as essential as electricity nowadays.

Room was a nice temperature so got a comfortable nights sleep.

Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of it, whether you want a simple light fruit and cereal or you are a hardcore fry up type.

So why 4 and not 5 stars. I have a few hotels I have visited that gained 5 stars. This one came close but did not compare.

Will certainly be back for another stay when back in Belfast.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your great review. I am delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and thank you for the repeat custom. The team here at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us and I will share your great review with them.
I will loom forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel is convenient for Belfast City Centre and the many attractions that Belfast has to offer, although they may require a short taxi ride rather than walking. The hotel is on a quiet street so a peaceful night's sleep should be possible. Staff are friendly and courteous but meals are the basic but tasty fare that is typical of this chain of low cost hotels. Breakfast is a buffet so no need to start the day hungry!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter but even those on the road side are not noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast. I am so pleased that you availed and enjoyed our free cooked breakfast after a peaceful nights sleep.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.