Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
$267
$199
Hilton
  • Room Service
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$140
$155
$145
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$121
$116
$109
Hotwire.com
1,349 results
All reviewshi expresssecure parkingice machinethe sofa bedqueens quartercar parkbotanic avenuefree breakfastuniversity areaulster museumminute walkwould stay here againbudget hotelquiet areahotel is situatedstayed here for nightscooked breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at hotel after 15 minute walk from Europa Bus depot, we were white as it had been snowing heavily, yet the receptionist never commented or tried to chat with us which we thought was strange, don't get me wrong she was pleasant but nothing more, same has to be said over all the other staff, breakfast was ok, hot buffet food, cereals fruit etc, again all served and tidied up in silence with no smiles/ chat.
Room was good, though we had no tea bags only coffee, bathroom good, bed comfy , walls a bit thin, noisy.
We had a meal one night in their restaurant which was tasty if a little expensive.
Summing up a decent place to stay to lay your head, but not a lot else, and a bit out of the way.

• Stayed: January 2013
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to your review your recent stay with us. I am glad you were satisfied with your stay as a whole. We are normally praised highly on our staff and customer service at the hotel so I will look into your comments with regards to the staff.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is my fourth stay at this hotel. The last time i was here the public areas were being refurbished and this is now complete and all looks very nice.

The rooms are however still a little tired and could use some refurbishment (although some may already have had this).

Breakfast is good and probably a little better than most HIEs.

There is free parking at the rear and the welcome and check out were very friendly and efficient.

Best thing however about this hotel is the location with loads of bars and restaurants close by as well as the station if you want to go into town proper.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for your continual business I am happy that the hotel meets your needs when you visit Belfast.
I am sorry to hear that you werent completely satisfied with your room. I would be grateful if you could email me what room you stayed in to look into this further as the hotel completed a full refurbishment in May 2010 including all bedrooms.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Depsite the recent protests, still took a trip to Belfast with the family to watch a rugby match at Belfast Harlequins ground. Without watching the news, you would not know that there was trouble going on.
The hotel was placed just outside the city centre, but provided secure, free overnight parking which was great. We took a taxi to the game which was less than £5 each way.
With 4 of us, we were slightly cramped in the room, but with a large bar/lounge area downstairs we only spent time to sleep in the room.
Belfast is a winderful city to visit for families, we also went to the Ulster Museam which is only a 10 minute walk away.
Staff very friendly, hotel clean and a warm buffet breakfast which was great for the kids.
If you are looking for good value - then I would not hesitate in reccommneding The Holiday Inn Express Belfast

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that the recent trouble that has been happening in some parts of Belfast didnt deter or effect your stay with us. The hotel is located in the Queens Quarter which is not effected by the trouble. I hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

good value clean and a decent full irish close to botanic gardens ulster museum and belfast university its a bit too far to walk into the city centre with kids we had a nice view over the city including the albert clock , good size room the kids didnt feel confined

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa o
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you found us to be cheap & cheerful. We always aim to provide value for money.
I hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the hotel mid December, arriving on the Saturday. The rooms were a decent size and clean, just what we needed for the 5 days we were staying.
The breakfast, included in the price, was pretty good too, no complaints really (Except the coffee from the machine was pretty foul).

Our 'experience' of the hotel began to go down hill on the Monday when, after a tiring walk around town, we decided to go back to the room and rest. When we got into the room, there was an extremely loud drilling noise coming from under the room as well as someone trying to break through the floor with a sledge hammer, presumably. After confronting the reception desk and complaining about the noise, we were told that they weren't aware of the work in the hotel until that day and that as it was being carried out between the 'legal' hours of 9 to 5 there was nothing they could do. In my opinion this was a distinct lack of customer focus.

On the Tuesday, we were both woken up bang on 9 to the sound of the drill and hammer again, so off I went to the reception desk to complain, only to be told, like the day before, that there was nothing they could do and if they moved us to a new room we may still hear the noise. At this point I was slightly annoyed by the responses I was getting from the reception desk, such as one of the guys saying 'it's annoyin isn't it?', not even the duty manager could be bothered to come out of the office and meet me to attempt to resolve the issue. Upon asking for a complaints form I was given a number for guest relations.

I Called guest relations, in the room while the drilling was going on, to make my complaint.

To cut a slightly long story short, and to avoid boring everyone, I had to keep chasing the guest relations to get updated on my complaint, but apparently the hotel had got in touch with me and explained that they were not obliged to do anything about it as the work was being carried out within legal times etc, however nobody has actually called me.

Not only could the manager bother coming to see me face to face, but it seems they can't really be bothered to call me.

I can't give the overall rating terrible, as it would be unfair to the people who actually did a good job at the hotel, but the reception desk (not all of them) and the management really let this place down for us.

If, upon arrival, we were told about the work through the week, and offered a room change on the Monday when it was quieter, there would be no need to complain or get annoyed, however such a simple task of customer care and attention completely lacked here.

If I could upload the video footage of the noise in the room, I would.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darren W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologise that you were not entirely happy during your stay especially by the noise from the building work to the adjoining unit at the side of the hotel.
After speaking to the team regarding the points you have raised I have been assured that the female staff member that had dealt with the situation was in fact the Duty Manager.
The building work is being carried out on a unit that is adjoined to the hotel & is not part of the hotel. To minimise disruption to our guests it has been agreed that any works will be carried out between 9am & 4pm Mon-Fri. I hope you understand that this is beyond our control.