“Excellent place to stay if you can afford!”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent place to stay if you can afford!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was attending my winter graduation at Queens University Belfast in December 2012. Since my trip was covered by my employer I chose this place to stay and it was close enough to Queens. Very clean, friendly staff, spacious room, fabulous breakfast etc. It was reasonably priced and great value for money.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. I am grateful that you chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Belfast Queens Quarter for your recent visit as I know that there is plenty of accommodation options in Belfast.
I will pass your comments to the team & I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Jackie Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
dubln
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The holiday Inn Express has a secure car park which is very valuable during troubles. This is a fresh modern and clean hotel up to any good international standard. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nice breakfast included. This is the second time in 2012 that I used this hotel and excellent both times. Unfortuneatly I had a near death experience on my way a I got cought up in a riot and had my car paint bombed and was surrounded by men in masks. I feel only my determination and clear intention to immediately run over those surrounding me saved me. I will probably never return to Belfast and feel very sorry for the large leaderless protestant underclass who's destiny is hopeless.

Room Tip: famly room £65 (in total) including breakfast for four.... unreal best value in the world
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay & that you arrived safe & sound in the end.

Kind Regards
Jackie Kelly
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The staff were really excellent. The rooms were beautiful and modern. I really enjoyed the breakfast every morning. The location was fantastic as it was close to Queen's University which my parents and I needed to go to for my graduation. There was plenty places to eat on Botanic Avenue which was just around the corner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

So it is said. Well this was a haven that suited us down to the ground. As a base for our short stay it was perfect, the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly, the room was warm and quite comfortable. It had the basic requirements and these were all of a good standard. Would we stay there again? Yes, we would, but for longer - again and again and again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Everyone should avoid this hotel. Stayed there for a weekend with my partner and it was a nightmare.

Had pre booked a standard double room but when I arrived was given a twin bed room with 2 single beds and given the blurb 'booking a standard room means you may be given a double bed room or a twin bed room depending on availability' so basically no guarantee of a double bed.

Obviously my partner and I were disappointed and unbelievably were refused a refund by management so had to stay in twin single beds.

It gets worse, at 3am in the morning the was a party in a room on our floor. The walls must be paper thin. Despite phoning down to reception to inform them the noise continued for a further hour.

I have stayed in approx 50 different hotels in the last year with work and this is the first one that has been so bad I felt the need to write a negative review. AVOID.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DrGoliath10
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear DrGoliath10,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the reservation confusion, and the noise during your stay. We will address this point and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
windermere U.K
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Best nights sleep I have had in a hotel, the beds were so comfortable. The rooms are a good size, nicely decorated and clean. Flat screen television with excelent picture. Bathrom clean with lots of hot water. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was good, free and nicely served.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family