“Life savers!!”

Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I am writing this review to thank Jackie and her staff who helped out four lost souls from Dublin recently.

I believe we were not the only ones who got caught out in Belfast recently with a scammed website. We arrived to hotel for foo fighters concert to find no booking at all. We had been scammed by some dodgy website based in turkey called "fast hotels .com" The staff tried all the rest of the hotels around and couldn't find a single room available. Jackie phoned another manager and ok'd it for us to sleep in conference room. Some of you might find this wrong but it was amazing. We were a long way from home!! four mattresses later and we were off to the concert.

The night manager threw us out menus and let us order in while we supped pints in residents bar later that night!!

The following morning we were handed a key to a room so we could shower and change!!

All I can say is legends.

Will defo stay here again!! might even try room next time too.

• Stayed: August 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,285)

Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

We stay here every few months when having a night out in Belfast! Very clean, friendly staff and a decent breakfast! In a great location as near enough to town and a good Italian at top of street! All in all a great wee hotel for a reasonable price

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank roz-Lb
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have now stayed in this hotel 3 times and it’s the only place I would stay in Belfast. Excellent location to the city centre and the queen’s quarters. Breakfast was amazing. Bonus was the ice machine in reception-great idea. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Bedroom was spacious. Overall experience was just fantastic. Also a very clean and tidy hotel. I will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A professor type gentleman we met on the street in Belfast was surprised that we liked the Holiday Inn Express as he heard nothing but bad reviews on tripadvisor so we decided to tell you our side. It was wonderful. We paid 80 Euros a night and it was worth every cent (or shilling or what ever you call it!) The rooms were clean and spacious, the people were wonderful and the breakfast and parking were included. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, breads, juice, cereal, fruit...the whole nine yards. The bar in the lobby was also great. The location is fine...we walked to city centre, the Botanical Gardens, restaurants and shopping and there was lots to see on the way. I would stay there again without hesitation. Why pay more when everything you need is here. Thanks H.I.Express and thanks Belfast. Your friends in Canada.

Room Tip: if you're traveling in tourist season BOOK ALL YOUR ROOMS. The entire country was booked solid...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We had one night in this hotel as part of a short break to Northern Ireland in late July. Located about 15 minutes walk (or a 5 minute bus ride) from the City Centre, in the University Quarter, we found the hotel to be all we'd expect of such a hotel from this chain. The room was modern and well equipped, with large flatscreen TV, good bathroom with shower and comfortable bed. Breakfast was self-serve and although fairly basic, nevertheless decent value given its inclusion in the room price. We experienced a bit of late night noise from people coming back to rooms after a night out, but otherwise a reasonable sleep. Staff were helpful and friendly throughout. There are a number of good bars and restaurants within 5 minutes walk on Botanic Avenue, where you can get a bus into Belfast for £1.40 single, very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here on business in July 2012 while I was attending a conference being held in Queens University Belfast. The hotel is very handy for the University and the Queen’s Quarter of the city.

Check in (and check out) was quick and easy and the room was a standard ‘express’ room with everything I needed for a two night stay. It was really clean and I slept well here (I stayed on two consecutive week nights and there were no disturbances during my time).

It was great that I could park my car here, which was included in the very reasonable price of the stay – so many Belfast hotels lack parking.

I was most impressed by the breakfast on offer. The breakfast area was spotlessly clean and had a nice cosy environment with the news on in the background and various newspapers on offer. I was down as early as 7am one morning and got a full choice for breakfast.

The only niggle with my stay was that I accidently left my phone charger behind. I called the hotel after I departed and they promised me that once they had contacted housekeeping they would get back to me about it – I left them my mobile number but they never called. That put a bit of a dampener on an otherwise great business stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This hotel is in a good location for visiting the Botanic Gardens and Ulster museum as it is only 5 minutes walk from these attractions. It was a good price, but you do get what you pay for. The rooms were spotlessly clean but small. Shower instead of a bath and toiletries attached to the wall. Breakfast buffet was good quality. My only complaint is that the hotel is on a busy street so it was too noisy to open the windows at night, and no aircon so room was hot. There were some noisy guests on my corridor at 1am but a phonecall to reception did sort this out immediately.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family