1,751 results
All reviews knife and fork the main hotel city centre jacuzzi bath bed apartment queens university wedding reception lisburn road ulster museum botanic gardens large bathroom lovely hotel bar food university area walk in shower visiting belfast saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Hotel is located in a nice quite area near Queens University. Our coach driver was able to park his bus in the college grounds. My bedroom was first class and a very comfortable bed. Check in for our group was fast and efficient, and staff very friendly.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2019

All our fears came to pass when we stayed at the mMalone hotel as our first night on a Back-Roads tour. It was Monday 6th May.
We checked in and went to have a shower before dinner and there was no hot water. We rang reception to be told there had been an event during the day and someone had forgotten to turn the hot water on. It wasn’t hot till after 10pm. This affected the heating also.
We had a pre booked meal, it was terrible, the ceaser salad consisted of a flat bowl only filled to the inside rime with lettuce some sauce a little shredded cheese and a few slivers of shaved bacon , the fish was over cooked, dry and hard on the edges and only served Luke warm.
We then returned to our room to find a long thin internal window facing out into the corridor which didn’t,t have a blind to protect from people looking in and a very strong corridor light shing right into our eyes as we lay in bed.
I hat to jamb two pillows on top of each other to give us privacy and prevent the light coming in.
I took photos and showed reception next morning and they said they would fix it!!.
A terrible start to our holiday.

Room tip: Don’t stay there, best tip
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Suzanne M, General Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2019

Hello Andrew & Sandra, thank you for taking time to leave us a review. I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasion.

We are unsure who said that the hot water had been "forgotten" - the water was an unfortunate incident as a direct result of an internal fault and was back on within 45 minutes, whilst you were at dinner. We regret this event took place but worked quickly to rectify it for all our guests. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your food - we would have been happy to replace anything you didn't enjoy at the time had you told one of our waiters during dinner.

Your stay is certainly not representative of the level of service and standards we are used to providing at Malone Lodge. I hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem ourselves and I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday in Northern Ireland. Best wishes.

Reviewed May 4, 2019

This apartment was worse than a student apartment. the carpet was so disgusting you could actually lift the dirt off it. I stayed there 4 nights ago and when i checked out i mentioned my complaints. the guy said the manager would contact me. its now friday and no response. i emailed them with pics which i will now share. the customer service is appalling.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Suzanne M, General Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Hi Christine, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I understand Louise has been in touch with you and offered you a lovely complimentary stay in one of our newly refurbished rooms and I look forward to you returning to us.

I apologise for the communication oversight in not getting back to you. I will ensure the team are re-trained in dealing with these matters.

I hope to meet with you on your return visit and will personally make sure you are well looked after.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

We had two two bedroom apartments at the mew. They are not near the hotel you have to drive quite a bit down the street. They were the worst accommodation we have stayed at. They smelled disgusting. Everything was really worn and need of replacement. They should have paid us to stay there. Disgraceful. I can’t believe this place is actually in business.

We prepaid for the breakfast at the hotel and that too was a hot disaster. Poor, slow service, took forever for mediocre food. It is not a well run hotel at all and obviously there are staffing and management issues. The staff was nice enough but obviously this hotel is in dire need of new management and an overhaul.
Rick Steve recommended this hotel in his book but avoid this place especially the apartments as I’m not sure what he was thinking when he wrote that!

Date of stay: April 2019
Suzanne M, General Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2019

Hi Tracy - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do advertise our apartments as not in the main hotel building, they are a 3 minute walk away but we try our best to make this as easy as possible for our guests.

We have plans in the near future for a soft refurbishment of the apartments which we're very excited about and while we acknowledge that some of the furnishings are a little dated, our housekeeping staff work very hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the building.

I'm really shocked and disappointed to read about your experience at breakfast. We usually get excellent feedback on this area and I would be more than willing to discuss this with you directly in further detail if you wish. Rick Steve has placed many groups with us over the years and we've always had great feedback and a good relationship, so I believe what you've experienced is an anomaly and certainly not representative of what we're about at Malone Lodge.

I am genuinely sorry that you didn't have the great experience we are used to providing here and would more than welcome the opportunity to chat with you directly and hopefully help restore your faith in the hotel. I cannot find your booking through your username, but please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I would be delighted to chat with you.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

I had my wedding reception here on the 18th April 2019 and the hotel couldn't do enough for my husband and myself and all our wedding guests. They went out of their way to make sure everything ran smoothly and looked after all the guests. I couldn't think of a better hotel to have a wedding and would defo recommend the malone lodge. It will be a day I will never forget in a hurry and the staff went above their means to make sure we had the most perfect day!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Suzanne M, General Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Hi Nicole, so happy you and your new husband had such a great day! You were both a delight to cater for and we’re honoured you chose us to take care of your special day. Hope to see you very soon and please come back to spend your first anniversary with us!