1,758 results
All reviews knife and fork the main hotel city centre jacuzzi bath bed apartment queens university wedding reception lisburn road ulster museum botanic gardens large bathroom lovely hotel bar food university area walk in shower visiting belfast saturday night
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff with a particular shout out to Seamus in hospitality. He gave brilliant advice for a night out with traditional Irish music in the city, and was such a gem.

All of the staff were the kind of people that would make you want to go back there.

It's a well located place, across the road from one of the hop on-hop off sites for the city double decker bus tours.

The Ulster Museum (brilliant) and the Botanical Gardens (beautiful) are within walking distance.

Breakfast was additional but worth it. Quite a spread to get you going during your time in Belfast.

There was ample free off street parking.

It was clean, pleasant, safe, and a particularly nice place to stay.

A little dated - maybe mid 2000's - but nothing that distracted from the overall stay.

I have nothing but praise for the Malone Lodge, especially the staff who were fabulous.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Fran T, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2017

Dear gypsyheart75,

Thank you for taking the time to review Malone Lodge. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for your very kind comments, particularly regarding our team. Seamus will be delighted to see that you found his advice helpful!

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Malone Lodge again in the near future!

Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here, in the apartments, with our 3 kids, for two nights in July. We had plenty of space, with two bedrooms... However most beds were singles, not twins as advertised... Although not a big deal.
The apartments were very spacious, which was great.
On the downside, the apartments could do with a decor update. Also, there was a smell of stale cigarette smoke in the living area. Private parking was handy though.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Kevin D,

Thank you for your recent review of Malone Lodge. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and wanted to thank you for both your kind comments, and constructive feedback which I will be sure to pass on to the relevant teams.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Staff were friendly, room was very large with comfortable beds. The whole hotel was clean and well maintained. Free parking onsite. Breakfast was of high quality and dinner at hotel (knife and fork) was exceptional.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Fran T, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2017

Dear Ben18616,

Thank you for your recent review of Malone Lodge, I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be sure to pass on your kind comments to our team here.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed July 15, 2017

Frist we had a room without a window, it was a verhaal warm room. The last night of 3 nights we were upgraded to ons of the very Nice suites.
Breakfast is very busy and employees becommentariëren a little bit grumpy when it is to busy. Walk to the centre is more toen 20 minutes.

Room tip: Ask for a room with an outside window.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Fran T, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2017

Dear Grimmius,

Thank you for taking the time to review Malone Lodge.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, and that our team were able to upgrade you to a suite.

Indeed the breakfast room can be busy at peak times, though I am sorry to see that you felt the team were not friendly - we normally receive very positive feedback about our staff and I will be sure to address this with the breakfast team.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Malone Lodge again in the future.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

This is a great hotel, I drove up from Dublin and the Malone Lodge hotel was easy to get to from the motorway, the car park was a good size and easy to it round the back of the hotel, which is clearly sign posted. We were early for the check-in time, the staff was very helpful about leaving our suitcases, while we went to lunch. When we did checked-in the staff were very friendly and it was quick. The staff were very helpful when I needed an extra hanger for my trousers. The hotel is at a very high standard, with excellent facilities. The hotel is easy access to Belfast city centre, there are bus routes either end of the road, which will take you into the city centre. I would recommend using the buses routes on the Lisburn Road. There is a CO-OP at end of the road, Lisburn Road end and a Tesco 5 minutes walk from the hotel. There are some good restaurants within 15 minutes walk of the hotel. I would recommend La Bastille (French restaurant), a 5 minute walk from the hotel or Darcy's (traditional Irish restaurant) a 15 minute walk and you can get a bus back, if you don't fancy the walk back up the hill. I would use Malone Lodge hotel again and recommend it to family and friends.

I would of given 5 out of 5 if there was air con in the room, I don't know if the hotel would supply a fan if you asked for one? I had to open the window in the bedroom and bath room to create a cross breeze. Also a fridge in the room would of been good. Still a great hotel, these are just minor issues, I would still use this hotel again if I visit Belfast again.

Room tip: No good tips, the hotel is down a quiet road, I am guessing all the rooms are good?
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JeffH2718

Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for taking the time to review Malone Lodge - I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our team, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our Reception team which I know they will be delighted to hear!

We can indeed supply fans if requested, so please do not hesitate to ask on your next visit to us!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Malone Lodge again in the near future!