Stormont Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rayanne House(Holywood)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hilton Belfast(Belfast)
  • Room Service
Malmaison(Belfast)
1,161 results
All reviewsla scala bistrosunday buffetparliament buildinghastings hotelsporridgerubber ducknice hotelthe general managerexecutive roomcity centrebusiness tripafternoon teasconesrestaurant staffnorthern irelandwould highly recommend this hoteltop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2010

If the thought of another dreary, tasteless sandwich being consumed in yet another airport lounge depresses you beyond belief - take heart! The Stormont Hotel boasts a superb Brasserie (La Scala) where you will find amazing cuisine at affordable prices and all served up with a fine degree of warm Northern Irish hospitality! The best is yet to come - the Stormont is less than 10 mins drive from Belfast City Airport. Definitely made my day last week!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I was recently stranded in Belfast due to the Volcanic Ash disruption to domestic airlines. I had been staying at the Stormont for a couple of nights previously and I asked if I could extend my stay on a day to basis. The staff at the hotel were outstanding in their help and the hotel accommodation and amenities were excellent, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who intends to visit Belfast. As I had no transport of my own, getting into Belfast on public transport was very easy, the hotel is also close to the Stormont assembly building and Belfast City airport.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank victor028
Reviewed April 26, 2010

On the 22nd of April, my boyfriend and I had tickets to see Jimmy Carr in the Waterfront Hall, Belfast.

We decided we should make an evening of it and after much thought booked ourselves into the Stormont Hotel, just opposite the parliament buildings on the Upper Newtownards Road.

I arrived at the hotel first, as my boyfriend was commuting from work and was to arrive later. I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and was checked in effortlessly. I also booked ourselves into the newly renovated La Scala Bistro for a meal at 6:00pm.
I made my way to our room which was the Edward Harland Suite. A fantastic room with a separate living-room area, wonderfull bed and again a fantastic bathroom - all areas had a very high standard of cleanliness.
I had arranged for a bottle of wine to be in our room on arrival which was there waiting for me - nicely chilled.
My boyfriend arrived and he was just as impressed by the room as I was. We got ready and made our way down to the La Scala Bistro for our meal.

The La Scala Bistro was a delightful place to dine, we were greeted by friendly staff and seated in front of the window with wonderful views of the Stormont building.

My boyfriend and I both had a starter and a main for our meal. I had scampi to start which was served on a slate tile with the scampi in a paper wrap and some chunky chips. My boyfriend had chicken liver pate. For our main course I had a seafood chowder which was magnificently served in a hollowed out bread roll and my boyfriend had the scampi - served in the same style as the started.
The food was very delicious and I would definitely return for an evening meal or lunch again in the near future.

After our meal we went to the lounge to relax before leaving for Jimmy Carr. I went to book a taxi which the friendly receptionist was able to do.

After Jimmy Carr we returned to the hotel and relaxed again in the lounge with a few drinks before retiring to our suite. We both slept very comfortably and went down to breakfast the next morning.

Breakfast kept up to the high standard the hotel had already exhibited and was a wonderful start to our day.

Check out was as effortless as check in.

I really look forward to returning to the Stormont Hotel, it was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clara_lara23
Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 24 hours - having disembarked from the Birkenhead ferry (whilst the ash was about and no Ryanair). Nothing was any trouble. My room available immediately on arrival - beautifully appointed. Breakfast was a treat with the provenance of all the food neatly identified on interesting plaques. A meeting accompanied by tea in the foyer which is lovely in full sunshine with an impressive glass frontage and deep comfy sofas. Supper in La Scala - invited to take the meal deal which was delicious. A couple bits of photocopying and printing all completed in a friendly way which makes you feel genuinely welcome. And all at a very reasonable price. This is my second time and I'll be back

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Wingivers
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Stayed in this hotel mid April 2010 to visit family in Belfast. Quick journey from airport and great location just over the road from impressive Stormont Assembly Building. Check in was smooth and staff very helpful to change room arranngements at last miniute and even managed to get all three rooms adjacent to each other.

The room was a typical hotel room, but very clean, well equipped and comfy bed. Nice touch was a complimentary yellow rubber duck in the bathroom.

We had lunch in La Scala Bistro on consecutive days and the food and service were both excellent. Can recommend the signature "Bacon and lentil" soup, quite thick but delicious.

The hotel was only a 10 minute drive from the city centre and we met a friendly and flexible cab driver "Davy" from George Best cars - he got good business from us, toa nd from the airport and into the centre for dinner at "Villa Italia"

Overall a very pleasant stay

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family