“Stormont Hotel”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Our room was very well appointed and probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms that we've stayed at since starting our globus tour. It was however very small and we had to constantly squeeze past each other to get around. It also overlooked the roof of another building and they were stripping the astroturf off the top which wasn't a great view. I had more of a security concern though cause our window wasn't very much higher than the room and could be reached quite easily. Wouldn't be a huge concern but the room didn't have any airconditioning so we had to close the window when we slept which meant the room became a bit hot and stuffy especially with the quilt. The beds were very comfortable though - like sleeping on a cloud and the bathroom had a very wide shower rose which was amazing. Unfortunately this hotel doesn't offer free Wifi in the rooms but they do offer it in the public areas which I felt should have been included in the information in the folders in the rooms. Otherwise a very pleasant experience!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for the feedback about the WIFI we have just had it installed and will be in the new guest directories.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first trip on my own since losing my beloved wife. I was impressed with the hotel overall, but especially with my room. Having paid a single supplement I half expected to be allocated an inferior room, such as I had heard 'single' travellers moan about in the past, when on coach trips. Far from it since my room was very spacious and contained the biggest bed I have ever seen, being all of 10ft wide. All aspects of the hotel were very good or better; however it would have been nice to have seen some entertainment, since the hotel does cater for coach parties. One major suggestion - if you travel to Belfast you must visit the TITANIC EXPERIENCE, which is wonderful and 'made' my visit unforgetable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank GranthamStubbo

Thank you for posting your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
We do have entertainment on some occasions keep an eye on our website for special events.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The fireplace in the lounge area looks nice in the pics but was actually really poorly finished, very grubby looking.
By far the worst fry I've ever had, worse than a filling station hot food counter, definitely not worth £1 never mind £16, very disappointed!
One of the reading lights at the headboard didn't work.
I tilted the tap back to turn it on and the top of the tap came off in my hand.
There was a hole in floor under the carpet.
No atmosphere in the lounge/bar.
Noise travelled too easy, got woke up about 8am on Sunday morning with people talking in the corridor.
The light from the corridor came through the edge of the door so the room was never totally dark.
I had to turn the extractor fan in the ensuite off because it was so noisy.
The bed was huge and really comfy until you go near the middle where there is a big dip in it because its two beds joined together!
Overall it wasn't great and I don't think I would go back!

• Stayed: May 2013
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for posting your review.
I am dissappointed that you did not enjoy your stay.
Had any of your issues been brought to our attention during your stay I am confident we could have resolved then.
We pride ouselves on our reputaion and the fact that we deal well with all situations if we are aware.
As you can see from other reviewers we rarely have an issue which is why this is so surprising.
Please accept my apologies and feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just needed a bed for the night whilst visiting relatives nearby. From check in to check out, couldn't fault it! Fantastic rooms, facilities and staff. Only reason not given a five (maybe a little unfair), were the drunks who returned to their rooms on same floor at 2.25am and woke everyone up! Not what I expected at such a great venue.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your feedback.
Sorry about the noisy guests on your floor .Some guests are not as thoughtful as others.
Please don’t let this affect you returning to the hotel.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I Stayed at the Stormont Hotel for a business trip for one night at the beginning of May. The service on check-in was very efficient, and the food during the conference was excellent quality. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try breakfast or dinner, but the bedroom product was excellent with no need to request anything as my needs were catered for. Would definitley come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Great review thanks
Maybe next time will be a leisure trip you will have more time to enjoy.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business trip. Rooms have been improved and the beds in the executive rooms are amazing.
Negatives. No sky sports not even in the bar. Shocking for an alleged four star hotel. No where to put towels in bathroom after you have used them.(plain weird) remote did not work for TV (shoddy just needed batteries) drink prices were basically ridiculous (£4 a pint)
Plus points food in Restuarant excellent quality and nice and quiet but be warned it is miles from the town and all the tourist stuff.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the review.
I have passed your comments on to the appropiate departments.
Glad your stay was in general fine.
Lots of our guests use the car park for the free parking and use the excellent bus service from just at the front gates which will have you in the city in 10 minutes at a minimal cost.
We dont have sky because most people can access anything they want from their ipads laptops etc so we supply complimentary wifi in the public areas .

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend booked us the Valentines package, which included 1 night stay, evening meal, champagne, breakfast. The rooms are beautiful & very clean. Dinner was delious. Open fire in longe area which was lovely.

I'd definitely stay again, and would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emz1791

Great review thanks
Gald you enjoyed your stay
Hope event raised plenty of money for your charity.
See you again soon.