“Great value great food”
Review of Stormont Hotel

Stormont Hotel
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here last night Wednesday 30th January as I had a meeting nearby the next day I must say I was very impressed with the large comfortable king size bed, everything you need is in the room good flat screen tv tea making facilities etc bathroom is a good size with brilliant shower. I was tired when I arrived so I fancied a quick bite to eat the sizzle and sip menu was great value two courses and a glass of wine just £15 and it was great to see the hotel supporting all local suppliers,I felt good knowing I supported a family owned hotel and supported local suppliers.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Norman M, General Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for your comments really glad you enjoyed your experience with us .
I wll pass your comments onto the staff.
Hope you return again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed on a weekend deal which was ok. It is hugely annoying having to pay for wi-fi when it should be included - any hotel that doesn't provide free wi-fi should lose a star.
Breakfast was included and it was ok - just ok. When I went down on the Sunday morning early I was told to help myself, but the covering plates were on the hot server and I could barely lift them. There were three staff in the corner chatting about their weekend's social life and they totally ignored me. There was no milk on the table - or on the adjoining tables - and when I asked for some I got a hostile look as clearly I was interrupting their chat. The porridge was the most amazing consistency ever known to man. It was like hot milk with a few oats thrown in; clearly the chef had never made it before.
The reception staff were excellent; very helpful and pleasant.
The bed was incredibly comfortable.
I would certainly consider going back - but I'd skip breakfast!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I am glad you would return again.
Dissappointed you did not totally enjoy your breakfast experience and I have passed the training issues highlighted to the food and beverage manager to address.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Myself and a colleague were travelling from Belfast to Cairnryan on early ferry the next moning so decided to stay in outskirts of Belfast. Have stayed here previously and found it to be ideal.

Highlight has got to be the food in the Bistro! Outstanding. I recommend the Liver & Onions, not to everyone's liking but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hotel was quiet during our stay and we managed to get a prime location at the bar. Good service, decent pint. Most people seemd to head for the seating area near reception which was home to a large open fire!

Room Tip: Remember to book a table at the Bistro to avoid missing out!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Norman M, Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thanks for the great feed back . I will pass your comments onto La Scala
Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself and my friend stayed in the Stormont Hotel a few motnhs ago and we had the lovliest time. The staff were excellent and we felt like pampered princesses for the duration of our stay! Our room was luxurious and the little Hastings ducks in the bathroom made us smile :) for breakfast we were given the lovliest table by the window and the staff were so accomodating and friendly. I even realised I'd forgotten my toothbrush and they were able to provide one for me. The hotel is elegantly decorated with a very modern and warm feel. After checking out we ordered tea and coffee and were given complimentary sweets with this as the sunlight flooded in through the large glass windows of reception. Although it isn't city centre we shared a taxi into the city with another couple and it was only £2 each. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definately return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I really appreciate your feed back it means a lot to get great comments.
hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here Sept'12. Although I won my stay here, it's not what I expected. WiFi has to be paid for which is awful considering the price of the rooms. We attended a function in another hotel, there was 50 of us left in a coach, when we returned to the hotel after the function the night porter said he was unaware of a party of 50 returning. We asked about the residents bar to be told that there was only a limited supply behind reception!!! Don't think I'd stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ann-Marie G

Thank you for your comments from last september.
we had taken advice from the event organiser that there would be no need to have a late bar had we realised we definatly would have kept the full bar open. althought the night bar does have quite a range of products. please dont let it put you off just tell us the next time.
hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed at Stormont Hotel for 5 nights visiting our son in Dundonald. The hotel is a mainstream modern hotel and everything is OK. But 2 things was annoying.
WiFi costs 10£ for 24 hour. With a room rate of 107£ I expect WiFi to be included.
Room rate is "room only" and breakfast is 16£ per person. That means additional 32£ on a double room. Far too expensive. We ate breakfast the first morning and found it rather mediocre. The following morning we noticed, that other guests had the same opinion. An empty breakfast restaurant with 3 staff persons standing unemployed leaning to the wall.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. We have lots of different rates depending when and where you book, sorry you did get one of those rates.
we are upgrading some of our bedrooms at present and these will also include wifi . so on your next visit book one of those rooms.
look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

A family Sunday lunch on 6 January which was most enjoyable. The young lady who welcomed us into the restaurant was very pleasant and professional and is a model of what that role should be about. Make sure she gets this feedback. Meal was very nice and good to see the boss Mr Hastings eating in the restaurant. Not sure the entertainment adds much to the experience but no one seemed to mind. Well done the Stormont.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks for posting you comments so glad you eneoyed, I have passed yor comments onto Victoria.
See you again soon I hope