“Very poor service, overcharged for the room..... Avoid this hotel!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stormont Hotel

and 1 more site!
Stormont Hotel
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Leeds
“Very poor service, overcharged for the room..... Avoid this hotel!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was really disappointed with my stay at this hotel. When I first pulled up I was impressed with the look of the hotel, but after waiting for 10 minutes at the reception desk for a member of staff to show up, myself and my colleagues were getting frustrated. Eventually the receptionist arrived to start the check in process. We thought we had booked bed and breakfast for £75 a night but was told we had a room only rate. When I asked what the B&B rate was I was quoted £65 a night. I asked if we could have that rate but was told we were not allowed to change rate and had to pay the £75 a night room only rate even though anyone who walked in from the street would only pay £65 for the same type of room with breakfast. She then offered us the option to pay an additional £16 for breakfast, which we declined. I was advised to take it up with her manager, when I did she was even more unhelpful than her colleague and refused to review our room rate.
When I got to my room I was pleased with the size, but was annoyed that the tv did not work properly and I could only get a signal on 2 channels with one of them being fuzzy.

Overall very disappointed with this hotel and will not stay here again!! I would advise anyone to avoid this hotel!

1 Thank lv8480
Norman M, Manager at Stormont Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip adviser.
We appreciate all feedback.
The rate that you paid has been set up by the company you used so we have no control over changing that . The good thing for you is that rate you paid stands no matter how high or low our rates go, your company has been contracted to the rate you paid. Our rates are Variable depending on demand.
I hope to see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at the hotel many times over the last few years. The rooms are lovely with nice modern bathrooms and large comfortable beds. The lounge and bar area are great for meeting guests or just relaxing with a drink by the fire. The restaurant serves a grest breakfast and never fails to deliver. One downside is that they do not provide free WiFi in the hotel for guests instead charging a daily fee for access. All things considered it is a great option for a stay in the area and I would recommend it.

Kemnay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely Hotel .Food and service excellent The staff in the Bistro were very good and helpfulFood greatThis hotel is so close to the Nothern Ireland parliament if a visit was arranged for you.Away from the busell of Belfast

Room Tip: Anyone is excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Galway,Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The Stormont overall is a very nice hotel but there are some areas they could improve on. The biggest downfall of the hotel is the fact that they charge for wifi. I think this is truly greedy on their behalf. Considering they must have so many business guests due to they proximity to Stormont I really don't know how they get away with charging for it! Needless to say I refuse to pay so I go without it for the duration of my stay. Another down side for me personally is the rooms do not have a fridge. Makes traveling with my 6 month old son a bit difficult as I cannot store food for him etc. My last gripe is the cost of drinks. £3 for a cup of coffee at the bar! Not to mention the price of alcoholic drinks! In saying all of that the rooms are very comfy, breakfast is great, staff are friendly and overall the location suits us as we have extended family living close by. I would stay here in the future but come on stormont give your customers free wifi at least!!!!!!

Peterhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed 1 night . The hotel was very nice and the staff friendly. The room was great and the large bed superb. Had a nice meal in Bistro although it took a long time to arrive.Was expecting a lovely breakfast but was disappointed. Went to get some strawberry yogurt but none and ten minutes down the line and none appeared. The hot breakfast was cold and no staff clearing the tables.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here with a view to visiting Belfast and it was the best choice I could have made.
Siruated right opposite Stormont, Northern Itelands seat of Government, the Hotel was an ideal place from which to launch yourself into the delights of Belfast.
The Hotel itself is 5 star with all the amenities you would expect. The food is top drawer. It is a delight.
St Georges Market in Belfast is a must. Harland & Wolfe Shipyard home of the Titanic, was a real experience and to visit the city of Belfast where all the troubles were was a real history trip.
Belfast is also the spiritual home of Van Morrison!!!! Could things get any better?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Derry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The hotel was nice and it was clean, but the service in the restaurants were not the most friendly. We were there on a very busy weekend so the location was not ideal as the taxi prices when road traffic is bad really adds up. The breakfast was plentiful. Room service met expectations (the homemade chips were lovely...exceeded expectations there). The pillows were to die for...wish I could have snuck one home.

Room Tip: Our room was on level one looking over the main road which was lovely. Rumor was that the basement...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends