“EXCELLENT HOTEL...AMAZING STAY!”

Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT HOTEL...AMAZING STAY!”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel is absoultely beautiful.....my husband and I had a lovely stay, the staff were extremely friendly and couldnt do enough for us! the extras we requested were all prepared and waiting for us when we arrived and the fact we requested an early check-in was not a problem! we were greeted with a luxurious bedroom, gorgeous bathroom, welcome tray, robes and fruit basket! the executive room we stayed in was spectacular as it was very clean and obviously well maintained!

the piano bar is soo welcoming and the barmen were an absolute pleasure to deal with, always ensuring we were happy and bringing us free crisps and nuts over. The causerie restuarant is stunning, the staff are soo friendly and the food just tickles your tastebuds....it is simply devine and it is not as expensive as you think! a three course for me and my husband was £35...i think thats very reasonable!

Such a pleasant stay....so much so we are going back in a few weeks! i believe this hotel deserves 5 stars....if u seek relaxation, friendliness, a clean room with comfy beds and a central location that caters for your every wim then europa hotel is the place to go!!

1 Thank traveller10150

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed in the Europa Belfast with my partner Harry McKinley where they were aware of Harry having terminal cancer. It brings tears to my eyes how wonderful ALL the staff were. They really couldn't do enough for us. The consideration that they gave to us, every need and general care was given. They would ask at every moment if there was anything we needed. We have stayed at so many hotels in our lifetime but this is without doubt the best of them all. I'd like to put a BIG THANK YOU to Philip for sorting out all our travel coming back and for being one of the most wonderful human beings you'd be likely to ever meet. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! I'd recommend anyone and everyone who ever needs a rest and a wonderful time to stay at this hotel. You didn't just bring tears to my eyes for your care and loveliness but you gave Harry a memory he will never forget. The amities and hotel itself, I'd go as far as saying to me and Harry are the best in the world. JUST LOVED IT!

Bless you all, Harry and I will never forget your hospitality.

Linda McKinley

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My recent stay at the Europa was a total shock and an experience I'd not wish on anyone. The room was full of dust, I know this as a gold watch of mine went missing from my room and I had to move the bed to search for it, underneath the bed and the mattress was a dust storm, complete items left from previous guests, how long had it been since they'd hoovered un this bed?! (the watch has still not been recovered by the hotel...) Each night I couldn't get to sleep from the loud music blasting all the way up to the tenth floor, it was as if my room was located inside of a club. The first morning after a restless sleep my phone rang at 9:00, even though I hadn't requested a wake-up call and by 11:00 the fire drill was blasting away; on the other nights of my stay I was woken each morning by the loud conversations between members of the housekeeping staff right outside my door, the slamming of doors by the staff, etc. This was a total nightmare and I left the hotel feeling totally wrecked and dying to get back home where I could at last get a good nights sleep!

Avoid this hotel if comfort, rest and pleasure are what you seek. It does have a good location, but that is cancelled out by just about every other aspect of the experience. One evening after the theatre I wanted to order room service, I wanted something simple like a sandwich, I was told that the only option I had was a pre-made vegetable sandwich, I couldn't have cheese as the food was pre-made by the chefs who were off duty (this was not the middle of the night), needless to say I didn't order this.

The fact that this hotel is listed as a 4 star hotel is a complete farce. I travel a great deal and stay in 4/5 stars as a matter of course and this is not 4 star, I would say it's closer to 1 or 2 if you're feeling generous.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Harold F
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Conchitta11,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on you stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very disappointed that you received your bedroom in this condition. I would like to apologise as we aim to provide the highest of standards for guests arriving to the Hotel. I apologise for the level of noise you experienced in the Hotel during your stay. I have taken your issues mentioned, up with all of the appropriate staff to ensure these do not happen again. We hope to have the opportunity to the Europa Hotel where I am confident we can improve on your last experience.

Kind Regards.
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed February 28, 2011

My husband and I have just had a lovely time yet again at this top class hotel. We just cannot get enough of this place - as in any time we can get away this is where we go. The rooms are so clean and luxurious and the food in the hotels restaurant is excellent. The staff are also a pleasure given their welcoming manner and professionalism throughout our stay. Have been coming here for few years now and intend to carry on for years to come. Many thanks to all the staff there !

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Stayed in Europa for one night on a B&B and one evening night meal deal, parked in McCausland Car Park for £14 (a special rate for guests of hotel). The rooms were kitted out brilliantly couldn't have asked for more, but there was a few stains on the patterened cushions and the patterened throwover on the bed that were blantly obvious from first look at the bed, so I wondered how the house keeping staff did not notice. The dinner was just ok, wouldn't be rushing back though as Belfast has as range of top restaurants.
We were woken up at 4am by the room next to us, who decided to watch tv with the volume up as loud as it could go, one quick call to reception and it was sorted within 5 minutes, so can't fault that at all. Breakfast was ok too, good selection and the food was hot which is always good. Would say to friends price around other city centre hotels before booking here.

South East
Reviewed February 24, 2011

I feel the Europe is living on it's reputation as each time I visit the place there is a decline in service. The plumbing is atrocious, both the bath and basin sink take over 10 minutes for the water to go down, every room I have been in has been the same, so they have a blocked water supply somewhere.

The restaurant is overpriced and the food is not that good, even the breakfast (which used to be excellent) is luke warm and not overly tasty.

Service on reception is always busy and they have little time to answer queries.

I also filled in a customer comments form stating problems .. no response!

Wake up Hastings Hotels - your reputation is going down the plug hole

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tenby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2011

hotel was booked for us by Bespoke Belfast...a great choice by them, hotel room was lovely and the shower amazing!!
Bespoke Belfast had a welcome reception on arrival at the hotel and room was ready for early check in at 1030 am. ALL staff were extremely helpful. Thanks to bespoke Belfast for the choice of hotel an the excellent trip.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family