“Should be a 5 star review - Minor details lets it down”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Should be a 5 star review - Minor details lets it down”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The staff on reception are lovely and friendly, the room was big and the bed very comfy, however attention to detail in the rooms could be improved.
We booked a double room, however there was only one mug for tea, one packet of biscuits, one shower gel and one shampoo. Not great for two people.
It was also dusty, the shelf in the wardrobe was thick with dust.
If the supplies in the room were more generous and the room cleaned properly this would be a 5 star review.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carol W
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Carol W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa. I am so pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with ourselves at the Europa Hotel. Thank you for providing your feedback and I have passed this on to the relevant departments to ensure we are continually improving with in the Hotel.
We would love to have you return to the Europa and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Suzanne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
derry city
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Have stayed here a number of times over the years with my husband and on other occasions with friends. I am aware of the rooms getting down sized have been in a twin rooms recently and it felt much bigger. I must say it has gone down hill, our room 604 a double, you have no space to move, had to move chairs in order to access writing table then you could not walk past the bottom of the bed with out having to hold the chair up over your head turn around and place it back again. Breakfast was POOR very disappoint as I usually enjoy my breakfast when staying at the hotel, QUALITY of the food is not what it used to be, YOU cant say the staff where having a bad day. Floor was not swept from the previous evenings dinning, this was very obvious by the chips vinegar wrappings and general dirt from a busy nights dinning. Wi-Fi is a rip of if you need to keep in check its free in the shopping areas.

Room Tip: It might be better to up grade to a superior room If you can afford the extra cost or try looking e...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tootsDerryCity
Dear tootsDerryCity,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with ourselves. I am disappointed your stay did not live up to your expectations. I appreciate the points you have raised and I can assure you I have brought these up with the managers in the Hotel. I would also like to apologise for the service you received in our Restaurant, this is no way acceptable and I have taken this up with our Restaurant Manager and I can assure you we our monitoring their service levels very closely. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay.

We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights due to attending a funeral. The staff were extremely polite and couldn't do enough to help. We misplaced a speech and were trying desperately to retrieve it from an email. The reception staff stood by their computer whilst we emailed it across understanding the importance of the document. Thankfully we managed to get it. The staff in the Piano Bar were also excellent and very knowledgeable on whisky! The concierge was one of the best I've come across. The rooms were lovely and clean. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Steph1175,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Hotel has to offer. Belfast is such a fantastic City and we look forward to having you again.

Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, the most luxurious beds I've ever slept in. The food was excellent; the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I look forward to my next visit.

Connor Murphy, Monaghan.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 31connor,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and within Belfast- It is a spectacular City! I have passed on your great comments to our staff. We would love to have stay again at the Europa and look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

we stayed at the Belfast Europa for one night (28/03/14), never again. the room (601) was very poorly lit, there is no free Wi-Fi ( you can get free Wi-Fi on a public bus but not in the Europa), the room finish was shabby- broken taps in bathroom, headboard not attached properly to wall, lumps in carpet and threads hanging from quilt. when we returned after our night out the room was freezing, the radiator is located behind the curtain, so you can either have the glare of the street lights or some heat. then there was the problem with street noise even though we were on the sixth floor. after this quietened at about 3am some sort of party kicked off in the hotel. even the breakfast was below par - bread fried to a crisp, bacon dried out. when we checked out we complained and we were offered a discount if we booked again. I would never stay here again. most of the problems here are very minor, but there are lots of them and for the price this hotel charge, you should expect so much more. this is a very, very average hotel

Room Tip: don't know if there are any good rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sedgar77
Dear sedgar77,

Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent stay with ourselves. I am disappointed your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would like to apologise for the level of noise that during you stay. I appreciate the points you have raised and I can assure you I have brought these up with the managers in the Hotel. My apologies regarding the quality of the food and the service during your breakfast unacceptable, I have taken this up with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to ensure we continue to strive to provide the most efficient and highest quality standard of service. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay. Please contact me directly on conf@eur.hastingshotels.com should you wish to book again.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed in the hotel for one night while attending a formal function in the main ballroom. The room was excellent, clean and spacious with one of the most luxurious beds I've ever slept in. The service at the function was excellent, food was delicious, specifically the chocolate dessert. A good night was had by all. I would recommend it again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Ryan N,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your visit and received the full service the Europa Hotel has to offer. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members. We would love to have you return to the Europa again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

County Down
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel, whether its to stay in, have a bite to eat or some drinks.

I've visited here many times and would go back over and over again.

The food is simply excellent, and having had many different dishes on the menu each time ive visited all have been declious each time.

Would defitnelt reccommend having a few cocktails aswell, they are very well made and taste beautiful.

Ive always had an overall great expiernce in The Europa, from the friendly staff and thier excellent service to the excellent food and cocktails, not to mention the inteiror is beautifully decorated would highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Nic D,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and got given the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.