“Mostly good”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The food was good at breakfast. The hotel was very close to shopping. It was right across the street from the Crown Bar. The staff was very nice. My only complaint is that the wifi was practically non- existent. I was counting on having wifi.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in room 435. Our view was of the opera house. Fellow travelers had room 508...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,535)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I always love to stay at the Europa Hotel in Belfast and I highly recommend it. Great location, beautiful hotel and lovely staff. The ladies at reception are always helpful. The Causerie restaurant in the hotel is superb and in particular the ice cream is divine (especially the Kilbeggan Whiskey flavour). Richard in the Causerie is a credit to the hotel and does a fantastic job. Also saturday night is perfect when another Richard plays beautifully on the piano in the piano lounge. Great buzz about the hotel!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa Hotel has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff especially Richard and our Chef’s in the Causerie. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I'll get the bad bits out of the way.... Room was kind of small. Other than that if your in Belfast and you want a posh hotel you can't really do better and you can tell your friends you have stayed in Europe's most bombed hotel - but don't worry those day are gone. The staff are great and very pleasant. Everything has a touch of class. It's not cheap but if you want to go big this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here on March Madness deal b&b and cocktail on arrival. Hotel was lovely and clean and modern, rooms also clean and modern but a little on the small side. Breakfast hot delicious and fresh but more breads and spreads would be nice! Noisy neighbours and an overly hot room were the only downside to this enjoyable stay!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wishitravelled

Dear Wishitravelled,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa. I am so pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with ourselves at the Europa Hotel. Thank you for providing your feedback and I have passed this on to the relevant departments to ensure we are continually improving our services within the Hotel. We would love to have you return to the Europa and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

i went here with my partner for a weekend break, the staff were great and the food was nice, the rooms were very clean and the bar was very nice and relaxing. I would stay here again in the future as its a nice little hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rachael s

Dear Rachael s,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa. I am so delighted you had such a fantastic and relaxing stay with ourselves and within Belfast- It is a spectacular City! We would love to have stay again at the Europa and look forward to seeing you again

Kind Regards.

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed in the Europa Hotel a few times on business, What a great hotel with a lot of class and grandeur about the place! From the moment you walk in you know this is a hotel that is well looked after and the owners obviously must invest in this property all the time.
On plenty of late check in's (2am), I have been greeted with the best check in i have ever experienced in a Hotel, the Night Manager Rory could not do enough for his guests, I have stayed in The Merchant Hotel Belfast twice before with late check ins and the Night Reception is well below the Standards of this establishment. On one of my stays in The Europa I forgot to bring my charger on business and the night manager Rory actually gave me his own! I would recommend this hotel to any person on business travel or pleasure

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank David S

Dear David S,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your visit and received the full service the Europa Hotel has to offer. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members especially Rory. We would love to have you return to the Europa again and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I visited the Europa hotel for a conference 5-7th March for a conference. I did not stay in the hotel. The hotel is set in a great location for most of the attractions in Belfast and across the road from a lovely pub with a great restaurant, The Crown.

The hotel organised and hosted the conference well, talks were well signposted and the rooms had fairly good acoustics and visibility of the speakers.

The only let down was the tea and coffee facilities, tea was often lukewarm and served in tiny cups! The other drawback was the lack of seating facilities at mealtimes, coupled with continuous serving of food which required use of a knife and fork, such as a chicken dinner with vegetables and a sauce. It would be much better if the hotel acknowledged the lack of sit down meal facilities for large parties, and served finger food such as sandwiches in these situations.

Other than that I would recommend this hotel for conferences.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Faloola1987

Dear Faloola1987,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent visit to the Europa. I am delighted you enjoyed the Hotel and the amenities around us. I appreciate your comments regarding the catering and have passed these across to our banqueting team for review. Regarding the lunch set up, the conference organiser noted that it was a requirement for the lunch to be served inside the room for the exhibitors to get exposure, we do have private restaurants available to hire to facilitate sit down lunches if required for events. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you come to the Europa again.