“Short Stay in a wonderful Hotel”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
London, United Kingdom
“Short Stay in a wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travelled with my daughter and a friend on the 8th March - they were attending a concert at the Odyssey. The welcome we received at the hotel and kindness of the hotel staff was great. Our rooms were just right and the food and the service were of a high standard. We all left Belfast with a vow to return bowled over by the friendliness of the people and the city of Belfast.

Room Tip: We were positioned at the front of the Hotel directly opposite the fabulous Crown Saloon. Cannot fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Amanda_B186338,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Hotel has to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our staff members and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been visiting Northern Ireland for years and always choose the Europa due to it's central location. On this occasion I was given a twin room on the fifth floor and the room was a good size. I've had a variety of rooms over the years, and I have to say I've always been impressed with the rooms. This time I had a bath with a shower instead of just a shower. The shower was one of the beast nights I've ever had.

Breakfast was good quality and the staff were all polite and helpful.

The only negative was lunch on the day I flew home: a colleague of mine and I decided to go back to the hotel to eat and change before leaving Belfast. We waited 25 mins before anyone took our order, but once we did the food/drinks were good quality and speedy. Having said this, I would stay again if I go back to Belfast with work.

Room Tip: Ask for a double with a walk in shower away from the lifts
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear PhillGray,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and got given the full service the Europa has to offer. I appreciate your comments regarding the service time of our Restaurant and I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels to ensure we are providing the most efficient service. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards
Pontypool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our first stay at the Europa, in fact our first visit to Northern Ireland. We wanted to visit for my husbands birthday, in particular to visit Titanic Belfast.

Firstly, if you are flying in to Belfast International, don't pay for a taxi it is quite a journey and therefore not cheap. The Airport bus is ten pounds each for a return, and drops you off at the Europa bus station at the rear of the hotel. It is then a quick two minute walk to get to the foyer. The buses have lots of room for suitcases and large bags.

We arrived very early in the day, and the hotel were happy to keep our suitcase for us until check in.

All the staff were very attentive and welcoming, and our room 10007 offered fantastic views across to Harland and Wolff (which was very exciting for me as I once worked on 'Canberra' which was built there). The bedroom was very comfortable, and well kept. The evening meal and the breakfasts were lovely (the breakfast buffet in itself could keep you full all day!). The Piano bar, very atmospheric and the cocktails addictive.

The central location, made it easy to do a walking tour of City Hall, Ulster Hall and of course The Crown which was great to have on the doorstep.

For our visit to Titanic Belfast, the concierge organised a taxi, which incidentally was the same company that has a taxi call point phone in Titanic Belfast itself, making the journey to and from very easy to make, especially considering how bitterly cold it was in February.

Niall from Reservations was a joy for me to work with in putting in place surprises for my husband.

Now for our piece of advice - treat yourself to the Champagne Afternoon Tea, it was amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Bobs_Mum_72,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and got given the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff and especially Niall. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards.
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and had great nights sleep. Room was small but had everything I needed. Dining room was very cold but the food was lovely. Tv had full range of uk freeview channels. Tesco express across the road to pick up magazines and soft drinks. Would advise to request room away from lifts as you can hear tbe drone of the mechanism plus floor announcement.

• Stayed March 2013
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear foodielo,
Thank you for writing on tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that you found our new cloud beds to be of excellent comfort and our power showers to be of good quality.
The weather, yes it has been extremely cold and apologise for the cold from the outdoors to have made the dining room feel as such.
Please do, if you come again, do not hesitate in asking for a room away from the list, where possible, we will certainly accommodate such requests.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Thanks
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Belfast is an amazing city, with wonderful people and interesting sights to see. Staying ay the Europa Hotel made my visit even more enjoyable. The service was outstanding and the central location helped me easily meet all of my touring needs. The overall weather in Belfast requires dressing in layers and making sure you have appropriate rain gear and shoes. If you love to walk, staying at the Europa makes even more sense to see the sights of this great city!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in January. Belfast is indeed a place to be wrapped up in plenty of layers but is more than made up for by the wonderful sights and even more wonderful people.
Belfast is indeed a city that can be explored on foot and with our hotel right in the thick of it, there is no better base for your stay.
Hopefully the cold wont put you off too much and hopefully we will see you again soon.
Thanks
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

For some strange reason, I didn't expect the Europa to be as good as I was, expecting something that would appeal to an older clientele but I have to say my unreasonable preconceived notions were quickly quashed. The lobby isn't the ,pat welcoming one but the friendliness of the staff made up for it and the receptionist upgraded our room as it was a special occasion - although the view of sandy row wasn't exactly romantic!

Service was good, room was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated with an a ole sized bath-tub. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and I have to say I will go back - is reasonably priced for Belfast - worth a visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear rdonnell,
I am delighted to hear we were able to quash any preconceived ideas that you had of our hotel. It's really good to hear that the service was good, the room comfortable and clean and more importantly that we were warm and friendly, exactly what is required for a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing this with other visitors and for spreading the word.
Many thanks
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at the Europa (again) in March 2013 on business for a couple of nights. Got a good rate online, but this of course meant one of the small rooms. Being on the 11th floor helped, but not enough to make up for not having a bath (and of course a rubber duck - I've always wanted one!)

Small issues involved the lack of coat hangers (only three) and the iron with enough burnt 'stuff' on it to leave black marks on my shirt. I called reception and was assured that hangers and a new iron would be delivered, but this took far too long two further visits to reception to chase my request. Just not good enough really (especially as I had to go to reception as they weren't answering the phone).

Overall though generally pleased with the Europa and will stay there again; ideally situated for most of what Belfast has to offer, excellent breakfasts, and helpful concierge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear David W,
Thank you for leaving a review on tripadvisor and more importantly for staying with us again. Thank you for your lovely comments about our location, breakfasts and helpful concierge.
Please be assured I have taken these matters highlighted and discussed to ensure that all requests are carried out in a more timely fashion.
It is true that if you are looking for the cheapest rate, this will be the smallest and only has a shower in the bathroom. Our rates for our superior and executive rooms are more expensive than the cheapest but are good value and well worth it.
With regards to the phone not being answered, the continuous ringing would occur if both lines were busy at the same time and not that your call was being ignored. I apologise if you felt you were being ignored and have spoken with the housekeeping and reception team in the importance of reception and housekeeping working together as a team to ensure all guests needs are carried out immediately.
The Housekeeping Manager has also reiterated to her team to thoroughly check all appliances when cleaning the rooms. Again I am sorry for this oversight.
Thank you again for letting us know and hope to see you soon knowing these issues have been addressed.
Many thanks