Europa Hotel - Belfast
$394
$200
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
$141
$127
$120
ibis budget
4,756 results
All reviewspiano baropera housegreat victoria streetexecutive roomlovely hotelporridgebuffet stylethe heart of the citycentral locationtop classafternoon teareception staffnorthern irelandfrom start to finishsaturday nightcar parkbombed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

In Belfast on business, needed access to Wi Fi. The Europa hotel is well posiitoned in the city. The bedroom was fine though small. Clean, well equipped. Parking cost extra - £5 if you parked yourself, £16 if the valet drove the car the 100 yards for you. Wi Fi involved buying a 24 hour voucher from reception for £10, and then when it did not work being told to phone the BT Helpline - in other words not our problem. This is not the level of a 4 star hotel either in facilities or service. I will not stay here again until the WiFi is sorted and is included in the price. Wi Fi seems to be a problem in Belfast, and hotels seem to be expensive with lots of extra charges. An expensive place to do business, or to be a tourist.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Lonipod
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Lonipod,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. My apologies that during your stay we were experiencing some technical difficulties with our Wi-Fi, however we are always working very closely with our internet provider to ensure we are able to provide the most efficient service. I would like to apologise for the level of service our Reception Team provided you during your stay. I have taken these issues up with our Reception Manager and can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last night monday night, on arrival into the hotel reception is really nice and the receptionist was really helpful. Our room on the 4th floor was so small 2 people can just about fit in it with suitcases etc aswell. We had dinner in the hotel and the food was really good. The bed is very comfy and the shower was good aswell. But both bathroom and bedroom are tiny...Breakfast was good aswell, but it was a buffet breakfast.. We couldnt believe there was no complimentary parking,there is a valet parking but for £16 extra!!! Also there is no complimentary wifi in the bedrooms you can buy a voucher at reception. Between the no parking and no wifi in the rooms, these are 2 very disappointing factors as most B&B's would have these.. An only ok hotel for value!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ovalCork,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of your stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very glad you received a warm welcome by our staff upon arrival. I am disappointed your room type did not live up to your expectations. The room you selected was our Classic Bedroom, which is the smallest of our room types having been part of the original Hotel which was built over 40 years ago. We do have larger bedroom types available to purchase. We are unfortunately currently unable to offer Wi-Fi in on a complimentary basis, this is an issue I have currently passed to our managers for review. We do not have a car park on site at the Europa Hotel, however we feel the rates we offer to guests is very competitive with all other city centre parking facilities. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can
improve on your last stay.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I lived staying in the Europa Hotel, its beautiful and has some lovely suites Titanic being one of them, real luxury. The breakfast was excellent with a massive choice of food, great location in a great city.

Room Tip: all the rooms are very comfortable, clean and modern
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Eve D,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Hotel has to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our staff members and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

As I live near Belfast I rarely stay in the City, but as my partner and I were going to a function we decided to stay. We booked The Europa and duly checked in on a sunny Friday afternoon. The manager James McGinn was working in the foyer as we arrived and took the time to meet and greet us. The hotel concierge took care of our car and it was parked at the nearby McCausland facility. We had a very nice evening with an excellent good sized room. Breakfast was a busy but we were well looked after. The day was spent in Belfast and we returned to the hotel mid afternoon to find our car at the front door with our luggage on board. Two excellent concierges ( with a sense of humour ) looked after us really well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barryabsLisburn

Dear barryabsLisburn,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your brilliant feedback to our staff members and especially Mr.McGinn and our Concierge Team . We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa.

We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Europa Hotel is possibly one of the best hotels in Belfast. It is home to some of the most important conferences and events hosted in Belfast and has hosted a number of personalities through its, and the city’s, turbulent times. Today, Belfast is safe and vibrant.

I was at the hotel for an international conference on tourism and events in June, 2012. I opted to stay there as the conference was taking place at the hotel, and given the rates I found it affordable and comfortable.

I arrived late at night, and had to search myself to find the receptionist. However, I finely checked in and went to find my cosy room. I was there during possibly one of the worst two days in June for years, weather concerned. That is according to the locals! So the added value of staying at the same hotel where my conference was, actually increased.

My only ‘negative’ concern related to wife which was unavailable in the rooms except for the last night. But it was not much about the hotel as it was the external BT service. WIFI was still available in the bar though and conference rooms.

Breakfast was fine, and so was lunch and the food at the gala dinner. Room came with a lovely rain shower and had a lovely kettle for some hot tea after a wet yet great visit at the ‘new’ Titanic Experience. I also opted not to have my room done yet always found some clean laundry outside my door.

The hotel is extremely central and just 5 minutes away from the main streets and town hall

Room Tip: Had a basic room and was just fine!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear nokkla,

Thank you sharing your review on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with ourselves. I have passed your great comments on to our staff members.We are unfortunately currently unable to offer Wi-Fi in our Bedrooms on a complimentary basis, this is an issue I have currently passed to our managers for review. I hope this issue did not affect your overall stay. Belfast is such a fantastic City and we would love to have you return to ourselves. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards.