“Great hotel, amazing staff”

Europa Hotel - Belfast
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Dundee, Scotland
“Great hotel, amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed in The Euopa countless times over the past decade and can't speak highly enough about this hotel.
The rooms are huge compared to most comparible hotels, the prices are reasonable (although it's worth trying to haggle with their customer services team if you're a regular visitor) and the staff are professional and friendly.
It's a great location too, halfway between the trendy Botanic area and city centre shopping area (about a 5 - 7 minute walk to each).
Easily the best hotel I've stayed in during many business trips to Belfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear DundeeTravellingMan,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you enjoyed your last visit and all previous visits you have had with ourselves. I passed all of your very kind comments to our staff members. We would love to have you return to the Europa and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Formerly the most bombed hotel in the world, it is now a luxurious five star hotel right next to The Grand Opera House and the Translink bus and train stations, literally two minutes walk from the centre of the city. Pricey, but if your budget stretches to pricey, a good place to visit and stay in.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank aolbfs
Dear aolbfs,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with ourselves and I have passed on your great comments to our staff members. We would love to have you stay again with ourselves at the Europa again and look forward to seeing you soon.

Sofia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a famous Belfast hotel. Lovely decor in the lobby. Great welcome by reception and concierge. Asked if I wanted a newspaper in morning but didn't say it would be charged. Room service was a rushed delivery and a little cold, no smiles. The rooms were very big, comfy beds, no mini bar. Overall I felt like this is an aging grand hotel that could do with a bit of tender care. I didn't feel the luxurious experience that I would have expected. Still I would certainly go back as it is very nice and great location, just with slightly lower expectations.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear RedRyler,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you received a warm welcome from our reception and concierge team. I have passed on your kind comments to them. I am disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I have taken the issue regarding room service up with our Restaurant Team and I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I hope this issue did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa and we would love to have the chance for you to stay again with ourselves where I am sure we can improve on your last stay.

Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I recently stayed at The Europa, Belfast on our first trip to Ireland. We found the room to be large, and very comfortable.The bed was wonderful , after having stayed in small B&B's. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We found it to be a great location for touring the city.
We were charged for using the internet, but seems to be the case in many hotels today.
The only negative that I had, was the street noise, however, most places we stayed in had a similar problem.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay at this luxurious hotel !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Deborah D,

Thank you for posting such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members. We are currently unable to provide Wi-Fi on a complimentary basis. Although this is certainly an area of improvement we are discussing currently. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit to Belfast and we would love to have you return to the Europa.

We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Had a meal here with friends last saturday night. Was ok nothing to rave about. The two men had "10 oz steaks" which I very much doubt they were and much as it was ok we all could have done with more. Big prices for small amounts of food

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear coffee1ireland,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts of your recent visit to the Europa Hotel. I apologise for the level of quality you felt you received while dining with ourselves. I have addressed these issues with our Head Chef and Restaurant Team to ensure that we provide the highest quality of food. I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I hope this issue did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa and we would love to have you return, where I am confident we can improve on your last visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Tiny rooms, 10 pounds extortion fee to use Internet (with ridiculously complex username/PW sign-in process), cold staff. Have stayed in dozens of Irish hotels lately of all qualities - and this was the first to charge for Internet access. But great location for touring Belfast on foot.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank jim4429
Dear jim4429,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I apologise you felt your room was not up to standard however the bedroom type you chose was one of our classic bedrooms which was part of the original Hotel built over 40 years ago.

Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide Wi-Fi on a complimentary basis. This is certainly an area of improvement we are discussing currently. I hope this did not affect your overall opinion of the Europa Hotel and we would love to be given the chance for you to stay again with ourselves where I am confident we can improve on your last stay.

We hope to be seeing you again in the future.

Birkenhead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This hotel was perfectly placed for my work meetings. The rooms are huge, bedding luxurious.
Would have preferred some extra unguents in the bathroom - hair conditioner and body lotion for example. But the free little rubber duck was a nice gesture.
Breakfast in the room also better than many similar starred hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rubybirkenhead,

Thank you posting your review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable stay with ourselves and received the full service the Europa has to offer. I passed on your fantastic feedback to our staff members and Restaurant Team. We would love to have you stay with ourselves again and look forward to seeing you soon.