“More than what I expected...”

NI Black Taxi Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Transportation in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to NI Black Taxi Tours, the leading black Taxi tour company in Belfast. Our taxi tour operators can show you the sights of Belfast with an informative, relaxed and friendly approach. Our Belfast Taxi Tours are bespoke to your interests and requirements. We are confident that no other tour operators can match our polished and well-presented tours for knowledge, fun or value for money.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The guide, Mark, was extremely knowledgable and unbiased. He answered all of my crazy questions with sincerity and patience. I did not go into this with a very detailed understanding of what happened... only what has been exposed to me in movies. However, I left with my eyes wide open and an appreciation for the difficulties that still remain in this community. I really enjoyed that it was just Mark and I... not a tour of a few dozen people being herded around. It felt much more personal and less obtrusive to the community (hopefully).

13  Thank treetica
Ni black taxi T, Manager at NI Black Taxi Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Mark took us on the tour of the murals and gave a very detailed and balanced insight into the conflict in Northern Ireland. It was particularly interesting to hear it from a local perspective and his views on the next steps in the peace process, involving local young people. He was extremely helpful, welcoming and went out of his way to make the experience the best it could be, allowing us to take as much time as we wanted taking photographs and asking loads questions, clearly beyond the usual tour length. He was particularly considerate to my elderly parents. Although it gave a thought provoking and challenging history, it was an enjoyable experience and has inspired many conversations in our party. I would highly recommend this tour.

12  Thank Siobhan O

Reviewed September 19, 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to take the political tour of Belfast. We felt a little ripped off. The driver was preoccupied with his son's car problems and spent some time on the phone dealing with that on our dime. His tour was cursory and not what we expected. We would not recommend this attraction or go again.

3  Thank Maggie C
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a black cab taxi tour and it was well worth the 30 pound we paid for it , apart from the speech impediment our driver had, the stories he was telling us and the murals and painted walls he showed us were fab he stopped a few times to let us take pictures , it was a really insightful journey into the lives of the Protestants and Catholics and the peace wall , i would recommend people visiting ireland take this trip as some of the wall paintingsare a once in a lifetime must see as they get repainted every 6 months .

9  Thank Emma W

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Jim took us on a tour of the murals and gave us a locals' insight into the history of conflict in Northern Ireland. Jim gave a balanced and sobering account of 'the Troubles' and it's impact on the population. I highly recommend this tour as a way to get across the complex history of Belfast and Northern Ireland.

9  Thank Flippo_13