“Mid morning snack”

Ranked #8 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Mid morning snack”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Called in by chance and had bagels bacon and cream cheese. Very nice indeed with large pot of tea. Very pleasant surroundings. Def would go back and reasonably priced too. Staff were also very welcoming offering a high chair for the baby

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I was given an afternoon tea voucher for Christmas from my daughter. I have to say honestly it was one of the nicest experiences I have had in a long time. After the endless days and nights of bad service at local eateries wrong orders moody staff and a general attitude of pay and go Maryville House was a refreshing and uplifting change.

My daughter and I where greeted at the door, brought straight to our table which was beautifully set, and asked with real interest how we were! We where offered tea while we had a look at the menu and the waitress chatted away even though the tea room was busy. Once our order was placed we where left to sit and enjoy the atmosphere of this lovely house.
Just before our afternoon tea was about to be presented the SAME waitress offered us fresh drinks. I highlight the same waitress as it is lovely to have the same person continue to serve you throughout your time in a restaurant. The afternoon tea was scrumptious. Fresh sandwiches, warm scones, mini traybakes and jellies and lemon moose severd with cute spoons tied with ribbion!

Overall a fantastic and quaint experience that I most definitely will be repeating!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013

After two excellent visits to this tearoom, I recommended it to a group of friends. Sadly this time things were different. Sandwiches were fresh and tasty but sweet selection left a lot to be desired. They were very dry and tasteless, not like previous times. We had to wait for ages for our order to be taken and even then had to call the waitress. We had to ask for more hot water and just felt the service was lacking. I wrote to complain but did not receive a reply. When I eventually telephoned I received an apology and an assurance that all complaints were taken seriously.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LEO1444
Belfast
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had afternoon tea with my wife for our anniversary, had to chop and change booking due to late arrivals of family so rather than 2 ended up with 5 and a baby! Staff were friendly, attentive and understanding. Lovely decor, romantic setting, afternoon tea was tasty and festive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank shaun3001
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Christmas afternoon tea was a lovely treat with fresh sandwiches, mini turkey tarts, little ginger bread men and lots of other little fancies. Very attentive staff and lovely setting for a Tea room. I had priced The Merchant and the Europa but this was half the price it was just lovely. Great treat for family and friends.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eve R
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2013

There's an excellent reason (amongst many) to return to Belfast and that's Maryville House. Extremely comfortable accommodation, beautiful decor, relaxing atmosphere, delicious drink and food (even home-made scones and cakes on the landing for guests), friendly people and close to lovely places to shop and eat on the Lisburn Road. Easy to get into the town centre - but so many bus stops why not stroll along a while, it's worth it. Great value too!

Highly recommended and looking forward to my next visit already. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank pemberton2
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stayed at the B and B at Maryville House for a conference at Queens Uni Belfast. I booked via an online booking site and promptly received an email from Maryville asking when I would be arriving etc. A nice touch, instantly assuring me that I was going to be staying somewhere that cared. The staff were really accommodating of my dietary needs sorting a gluten free breakfast for me, and making it early so I could get to the conference on time. The rooms are lovely, really very clean and beautifully decorated. Bed was comfy and the variety of complimentary tea, coffee, juices and cakes on offer was really good. Lisburn road has lots of cafes and restaurants on offer and is right on a bus route into the city centre. Lovely place. I will be returning the next time I stay in Belfast for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business