“Perfect City Centre Getaway”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect City Centre Getaway”
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I stayed in Hilton Belfast last Saturday with my husband as a late christmas treat. For a bit of luxury we booked an executive room and arrived to find we had been given an upgrade to a beautiful new corner suite. Bliss, with picture windows looking over Belfast, the suite's decor was masculine but modern luxury with a great seating area where we chilled out and chatted while watching the lights of Belfast. I was able to relax in a luxurious corner bath with fantastic toiletries from Crabtree & Eveline, Devine!!!!!

We had access to the Executive Lounge on the 11th Floor which is a "windows on the world" lounge with complimentary drinks for 2 hrs in the evening. With Jane busy serving (with a smile and friendly banter) the happy punters over the allocated time we found the perfect seat beside 2 regular guests in their 70's and I can honestly say we and they had the most wonderful night which was totally unplanned and totally unexpected and we have made new friends even though we were half their age.

Although I have to say after a few gin & tonics and a few cosmopolitans in Cables Bar downstairs, I couldn't really take advantage of the fantastic fresh breakfast buffet the next morning. My husband however made up for that!!!And I saw the 70's couple at breakfast as well.

Well done Hilton Belfast, as a member of the hospitality trade myself, you gave just what is expected from a classy 5 star city centre hotel.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for the Hotel. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next return.

Kind regards
Damian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Alison,
just a small note to say many thanks for the stay on Sat night at the
Hilton. Having stayed at the Fitzwilliam in Nov and The Merchant in Jan i
can say that those hotels maybe 5 star but offer 2 star service ( especially
The Merchant as it took 40 mins to get breakfast..) !!!
Where as The Hiltons services were second to none ! Absolutely fantastic !!
The team for breakfast on Sunday morning were fantastic and i told the lady
in charge. You should be very proud of the hotel . Everyone i spoke to on
Sat night thought the same about your service.. Fantastic and thanks again.
We will definitely bee back in the near future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is always a pleasure to welcome our Hilton Hhonors guests back to the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Damian Gilvary,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Before I start, just to be aware, I'm going to be tough in this review - afterall, you could be paying over £150 a night for the room I stayed in, and you need to decide if spending the extra money above, say, a Travelodge is worth it.

I'm young, but I was travelling on business. The three people behind reception seemed surprised to see me. One said she'd be with me shortly before disappearing off somewhere else. Another friendly lady checked me in.

I was disappointed to see in the corridors outside room doors throughout the afternoon discarded trays of breakfast/room service that hadn't been cleared away.

The room was nice, clean, very comfortable. Bed was excellent. View was dreadful.

It was my first trip to Belfast and I'm pretty certain seeing a service yard with a bit of graffiti on a wall isn't one of the best views. Top tip Hilton - when guests arrive in daylight put them where they can see the views higher up. Put late arrivals lower down, then it's dark and they won't notice the poor view. I guess I should be glad it's winter and doesn't take long to get dark.

The TV had the worst reception of any TV I have ever seen in a hotel. Wrong aspect ratio and the grainiest image I've ever seen. It's as if they have one indoor aerial feeding every TV in the hotel. They may be 32" widescreen, but the image is crap. It put me off wanting to watch a film, so they lost a little business there.

There's a bottle of water in the room with a tag telling you it costs £3.95. Bit of a rip off for room-temperature water - do I get someone to pour it for me at that price?

Ice bucket with no ice. Not sure in the point of that?

Internet connection is still a rip-off in these places. Surely if you're paying around £150/night they could throw in a net connection - it's not really costing them anything.

Breakfast was brilliant. Very tasty.

All in all, a nice stay, but I wouldn't have paid more than the special offer price I got. I'd have been disappointed had I paid more.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2011

My Girlfriend treated me to a night at the Hilton, Belfast on a Dinner, Bed & Breakfast at the end of January 2011.
On arrival at 7pm, we were greated by a very friendly and helpful member of staff. We were checked in within minutes and they reserved our table for dinner in the main restaurant straight away.

We got a room on the first floor looking out over the River Lagan which was lovely, the room was spacious, exceptionally clean with the usual ammenties that ive come to expect from a 5 star hotel.

We headed down to the bar, it was lovely with a gas fire in the wall which was a lovely treat. Drinks were a reasonable price and the atmopshere was nice, not to loud to enjoy a drink.

As for the 3 course meal, neither of us could fault it, it was delightful, I had the mixed grill which was a nice variety of meats, my girlfriend had a steak. It was topped off with amazing desserts, I highly recommend the Belfast MESS. FAB!!!!!!

The following morning we availed of the breakfast, it was again lovely, cant fault it in anyway, it was self service and you could eat as much as you like, from fruit, breads, yougurts and cooked.

I will be back and I definetly recommend this hotel to anyone.

For anyone coming from outside N.Ireland, the Hilton Belfast is no more than 3 minutes walk from Central NIR train station, It is 5 minutes walk to Victoria Square shopping centre and 10 minutes walk to the centre of Belfast. There is parking on site at a charge of £18 per day. Its 10 minutes walk to the odyssey arena, 5 minutes to the ulster hall. Also great night life and eaterys around.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2011

Have stayed here on numerous occassions over the past 6/7 years. The staff have always been very friendly and helpful.
The breakfast as always was great - buffet style - relaxing over looking the river but this time we also had dinner and it wasn't quite up to expectations - previous dinner experiences have been similar.
The rooms on our last few visits are looking and feeling dated and in need of refurb - not 5* accommodation.
Location is good but as previous reviewers have noted the parking next to the hotel is not cheap.
If you stay here at weekends pay a visit to St Georges market which is 2 mins walk from the hotel.
Overall I always seem to leave here having had an ok experience but not a great one. If you charge and advertise as 5* then you need to leave your customer feeling like thats what they've got.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We travelled to Belfast by train. Reasons for a return stay. 1.Location - The hotel is a less than 5 minute stroll from Central Station. The hotel should emphasise this convenience more on their website.The Waterfront theatre is a 3 minute walk in a mainly traffic free plaza.Shops are a 5 to 10 minute walk. 2. Bedroom -Large comfortable Executive bedroom with great panoramic views of Belfast. The room has a safe which should be listed on the website 3. Executive Lounge - A quiet comfortable area where you can have complimentary tea/coffee/biscuits/soft drinks/fruit/chocolate.4.Staff - Friendly and helpful particularily the duty manager -Damian Gilvary - a true professional. How many managers do you know that can greet you by name during your stay?

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Damian Gilvary
Moira, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I just wanted to say thankyou to the fantastic staff of Belfast Hilton for a lovely stay. having stayed here before in an Executive room, I was keen to bring my mum here to celebrate her retirement and make use of the facilities. There was a great offer on which meant we got an executive room for less than £90 which included beautiful views over Belfast and use of the free executive lounge from 6-8.30pm.
My sister decided to join us and was upgraded to an adjoining room so we received excellent service from the word go. The staff (particularly Damian the front office amanager, and Charlie the concierge) couldn't do enough for us and we had a wonderful night away. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends